The Continuing Decline of AA's standards

No she does not.

All she did was to make an observation of the current situation at AA. If she were to desire you ill will, why would she have wished you Good luck; an obvious expression of hope that AA employees such as you avoid the fate suffered by the TWAers.

I took it to mean, "been there, done that", no more no less. StraaightTalk loves to read ill will and to any observation by a former TWA employee.

Give it a rest both of you. You are both AA and while the arrogance of corporate AA is well known throughout the industry, no one wishes "ill" of the employees.
It does give some a moments "pause" when you see so many of the same "issues" we faced now being the same faced by AA. It is what it is...

StaaightTaalk, you seem to be much more offended by former TWA employees comments than equally harsh nAAtive posts. Why is that? Is there some degree of entitlement that we don't get to share?

And you seem to be an apologist for every overly-aggressive, bitter former TWAer that refuses to realize that many of us were very upset by what happened to the TWA flight attendants furlough-wise. I never saw myself as the "enemy," but clearly your fellow TWAers do.

No she does not.

All she did was to make an observation of the current situation at AA. If she were to desire you ill will, why would she have wished you Good luck; an obvious expression of hope that AA employees such as you avoid the fate suffered by the TWAers.

"Good luck" was meant sarcastically.

I took it to mean, "been there, done that", no more no less. StraaightTalk loves to read ill will and to any observation by a former TWA employee.

Not just TWA - StrAAight or should we say "not so much" - always thinks people are out for her, wishing bad things on her, and her untouchables... It is a riot, the negativity reeks throughout her, and the truth hurts her.. Just sit back, laugh, and listen to her ILL comments on this board... It is great!!! I could play that fool like a fiddle and StrAAight would never know it.. can you say predictable??? Anyhow, I think we all wish each other the best, we all gave WAY TOO MUCH, at our respective carriers to be treated as such..

Do you honestly believe that Boeing or Airbus is going to change the way they write their manuals just to suit AA?

No. of course not. I totally agree with what you say below, where you conveniently answered your own question.

You have to remember that Boeing is not just writing manuals for American customers. Most of the aircraft they sell now are sold to countries where English is not the primary language. They have to write the manuals with this in mind.

Or do you think that they are doing to specifically for AA while writing everyone else’s manuals at a college level?

That, of course, is another rhetorical question, but I'll take the troll bait and bite, anyway.

NO

But, you knew that. A rhetorical question is a B-scale way of making a statement while pretending to ask a question. The answer is usually self-evident or painfully obvious. It is usually done in the hope that it will put the other person in a bad light. It works best with an audience that already supports the position being advocated, and is predisposed to clap and cheer. It is less successful with a diverse, thinking audience, who usually recognize it for what it is.

No. of course not. I totally agree with what you say below, where you conveniently answered your own question.

That, of course, is another rhetorical question, but I'll take the troll bait and bite, anyway.

NO

But, you knew that. A rhetorical question is a B-scale way of making a statement while pretending to ask a question. The answer is usually self-evident or painfully obvious. It is usually done in the hope that it will put the other person in a bad light. It works best with an audience that already supports the position being advocated, and is predisposed to clap and cheer. It is less successful with a diverse, thinking audience, who usually recognize it for what it is.

If you didn't believe it then why did you even bother saying it in the first place? Especially considering when you had no evidence to support your position. One would have thought a member of the thinking audience would not have even bothered to make the comment to begin with.

Back