The End Of US Airways

Ames

Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
Today is a great day. The beginning of the end of the very worst airline in history. Buh, bye US Airways.

It's a sad day for employees and customers of both Airlines.
Wait till AA workgroups find out they've been sold a bill of goods.

Good luck to all...the only ones who benefit are Parker and the stakeholders.

After a 26 year ride of uncertinty we now have a sense of security. I have been furloughed twice had my pay and benefits slashed beyond recognition. But Today I'm looking forward to a bright future! The USair I new died in the last BK.

I have to give credit to Parker. He fought an uphill battle and won!

Good Bye USairways

Today is a great day. The beginning of the end of the very worst airline in history. Buh, bye US Airways.

Yeah, your right good bye to AWA being operated as US Airways. Maybe the consumer and the AMR board will have input on how the new American will operate. Let see how lo long it will take for the "cactoids" to start with the "we saved American" rhetoric. What is really exciting is that the cactus call sign will be history once and for all.

Uh oh, looks like somebody's sore VFF's weren't given a seat on the board of the new AA. Maybe next time, champ.

Now why would you say that? ;)

From news sources this morning... "The transaction is expected by the two companies to generate more than $1 billion in annual saving by 2015.".......

Uh oh, the $1B annual profit DUI was talking about was actually costs savings at the expense of employees and customers?! Noooooooooooo....... (Many folks will soon picture themselves as the witch in Wizard of Oz that screamed as she melted.).

I stand by my comment-of course the US employees will get a raise, which I am sure you're all happy about. But Parker has demonstrated over the years that employees and customers are liabilities rather than assets. US currently has industry low wages for most workgroups, and has led the way with ancillary revenue over the past few years. While they didn't pioneer baggage fees, they did lead the way on other fees, including trying to charge for water and soda, which had to be reversed after an outcry.

The profits US has enjoyed will more or less evaporate when wages catch up to industry standards, and the product on the US side has to be upgraded to match the AA side. I remember a Town Hall meeting Parker held at INT, where, when asked to comment on policy changes for Chairmans' members, he said, "why would we give chairmans' members ANY breaks. We should be charging them for the perks they now get for free on cheap fares." Nice way to engender customer loyalty.

I wish the folks at AA and US all the best, I just do not think ANYONE is going to benefit in the end except for stakeholders and Parker and his crew...

I stand by my comment-of course the US employees will get a raise, which I am sure you're all happy about. But Parker has demonstrated over the years that employees and customers are liabilities rather than assets. US currently has industry low wages for most workgroups, and has led the way with ancillary revenue over the past few years. While they didn't pioneer baggage fees, they did lead the way on other fees, including trying to charge for water and soda, which had to be reversed after an outcry.

The profits US has enjoyed will more or less evaporate when wages catch up to industry standards, and the product on the US side has to be upgraded to match the AA side. I remember a Town Hall meeting Parker held at INT, where, when asked to comment on policy changes for Chairmans' members, he said, "why would we give chairmans' members ANY breaks. We should be charging them for the perks they now get for free on cheap fares." Nice way to engender customer loyalty.

I wish the folks at AA and US all the best, I just do not think ANYONE is going to benefit in the end except for stakeholders and Parker and his crew...

Don't forget the award processing fee, $25.00 for each domestic ticket and $50.00 for each international ticket.That means the customer does the work of finding flights and days that are available on the web, not using the services of an agent, not a nice way to treat your best customers.

Back