The outside world

Hello,
I took the VSIP (including non-rev benefits) with US in 2002 when my son was adopted and everything has turned out very well. I do understand the "unsure feelings" when contemplating a new job since no job change is ever perfect. In my last few months at US, I completed a Master's degree in education and then taught elementary school for 3 years. After that, I finished my Ph.D. and now teach full time at a four year university. The schedule is very flexible and I technically don't have to be in the office on Mondays and Fridays. Now, I'm making good money and the time off is wonderful as I have 5 weeks at Christmas and then we're off from early May to late August. I would say the stress level is higher in an academic position so it's not completely peachy, but what is? I made the right move and I have no regrets as I've never had to spend a night away from my 7 year old son. If you're thinking about a job search, you'll know when the time is right. If you want to stay with US, do it and enjoy it since much of the experience is in the attitude.

Back