The Short List

But watcher you can not only think of connecting in NYC. I know your operations are in Houston but you have to remember NYC is like the capitol of the world. There are just to many things going on up there. And well unfortunately traffic is one of them and lot just on the NJ turnpike or Lincoln Tunnel but airports and airways as well. I spent a month in Houston and I did not bump into one person from Nigeria, Angola, or Uzbeckistan, but in NY I have. Just a thought.

Really? Not one? 1 month in Houston or one month at the airport training facility? There are 83 foreign conculates in Houston and i can assure you they are not here just for the climate. If no one has guessed it yet, my business is oil. The above mentioned destinations are very important to us. The ground work was actually laid about 20 yrs ago. As said before, there was an extensive use of charter planes to move man and materials, now we are trying to support the hometown carrier in much of that traffic. Being the oil gas/energy capitol of the world means a lot. Oil prices are high and are only expected to rise. Thats bad for America and much of the world as a whole, but great for Houston. High energy prices translates into major profits for us and growth and expansion. Have you look into a job in the energy sector lately? Theres much business to be had here and i would like for Continental to get a nice piece of it :)Come back and take a drive around the city and witness the major growth explosion thats only going to continue as the price of oil rises. Like i said before, those countries/destinations are important to us. Many of them are opening large bases of operations here in Houston. That translates into about half thier workforce here as being non Americans, meaning they will travel back and forth between here and home prob. frequently. That translates into potential airline ticket sales for Continental :) Next time you are here in IAH, take a look over towards your hanger buildings at the frequent visitor from Russia, the Antonov 225. I can assure you, its not here delivering vodka :):):):):):)

Really? Not one? 1 month in Houston or one month at the airport training facility?

Well actually no, not one month at the training center. I actually take the time to see every city I go to. I Bought a month bus pass and trust me I used it(Didn't have a car). I went everywhere from the nice areas like galleria to the ghettos like MLK and Airline Dr. (not very familiar with sectors names but I've been around). Oil is a big thing and your right but appreciate you supporting the home town airline :up: , But I still say there is much more to look forward to in the north east. But I hope your views are takin into consideration. That would mean more work for us. :D

Next time you get a long stay, try going on the southwest side of town. Pretty cool experience. There you can see China Nigeria Ethiopia Jamaica Korea Vietnam Morocco Egypt etc etc. you will know when you have arrived when you notice the street languages in english as well as the perspective languages of the national origins of the people that reside in the area :)

Next time you get a long stay, try going on the southwest side of town. Pretty cool experience. There you can see China Nigeria Ethiopia Jamaica Korea Vietnam Morocco Egypt etc etc. you will know when you have arrived when you notice the street languages in english as well as the perspective languages of the national origins of the people that reside in the area :)

Any Puertorricans?? B)

i just cant see how CO would profit from those routes....most of the routes you mentioned would require a 777, which as you know are currently in short supply in the industry...but lets say they do get the aircraft for the routes...your saying that more than 200 people a day would be willing to travel to Uzbeckistan....? however i could see this becoming a once or twice weekly flight, but i just dont think COA has the will nor the power to take on such routes...but like ive said before, i would have nothing against this expansion, if it would be profitable for COA...keep it up and who knows, maybe we'll see some new international destinations out of IAH

i just cant see how CO would profit from those routes....most of the routes you mentioned would require a 777, which as you know are currently in short supply in the industry...but lets say they do get the aircraft for the routes...your saying that more than 200 people a day would be willing to travel to Uzbeckistan....? however i could see this becoming a once or twice weekly flight, but i just dont think COA has the will nor the power to take on such routes...but like ive said before, i would have nothing against this expansion, if it would be profitable for COA...keep it up and who knows, maybe we'll see some new international destinations out of IAH

Doesnt have to be daily service. The movement to Uzbekistan would be man and materials...heavy focus on materials. People going to the places are not the leisure crowds, meaning people traveling on bargain fares. Go price the fares at you will see what im talikng about.The INTL destinations are on the way out of IAH to many of the listed places and more that i didnt put on the list. They just arent being done by CO. By the way, theres so little demand for travel between IAH and Pakistan that PIA will be INCREASING the number of seats in the market......

Doesnt have to be daily service. The movement to Uzbekistan would be man and materials...heavy focus on materials. People going to the places are not the leisure crowds, meaning people traveling on bargain fares. Go price the fares at you will see what im talikng about.The INTL destinations are on the way out of IAH to many of the listed places and more that i didnt put on the list. They just arent being done by CO. By the way, theres so little demand for travel between IAH and Pakistan that PIA will be INCREASING the number of seats in the market......

Gee, can CO 757's get that far? :blink:

You sure don't have the spare widebody capacity floating around for these routes...

Gee, can CO 757's get that far? :blink:

You sure don't have the spare widebody capacity floating around for these routes...

Thank goodness they cant from IAH. We are not interested in taking those across the pond, we will leave that experience for our good friends in EWR ;)

Emirates has announced 3 times weekly B777LR nonstop service between Houston and Dubai beginning December 2007 and going to daily service February 2008.

Why don't you round up some investors (maybe including the city itself) to start an airline with service to all of those places, if it such a sure-fire business strategy to have IAH-Uzbekistan (etc.) service?

Why don't you round up some investors (maybe including the city itself) to start an airline with service to all of those places, if it such a sure-fire business strategy to have IAH-Uzbekistan (etc.) service?
Why dont you see what im trying to do. Currently, these destinations that are not being served out of IAH by Continental or other passenger carriers is being flown by private jets. They make a ton of money from or business. I would like to see that revenue go to the hometown carrier and not private charter companies.

But watcher you can not only think of connecting in NYC. I know your operations are in Houston but you have to remember NYC is like the capitol of the world. There are just to many things going on up there. And well unfortunately traffic is one of them and lot just on the NJ turnpike or Lincoln Tunnel but airports and airways as well. I spent a month in Houston and I did not bump into one person from Nigeria, Angola, or Uzbeckistan, but in NY I have. Just a thought.

The Watcher's closing line says it all... "all pipelines lead to Houston." The cities mentioned are all "oil" spots. Makes sense to me. Those are the spots Houston businesses send employees to on a regular basis. I appreciate what the oil business did for Continental after 911. They used hometown airline when possible. I'm a UA employee who is very impressed with IAH and with CO! The loyalty of Houstonians is remarkable.

The Watcher's closing line says it all... "all pipelines lead to Houston." The cities mentioned are all "oil" spots. Makes sense to me. Those are the spots Houston businesses send employees to on a regular basis. I appreciate what the oil business did for Continental after 911. They used hometown airline when possible. I'm a UA employee who is very impressed with IAH and with CO! The loyalty of Houstonians is remarkable.
You are correct. We Texans are a very proud people and we dont make a habit out of bashing our hometown businesses as some other states do. When the hometown businesses are in trouble, we ban together to do what we can to help. Continental is a major employer in our city and it is a great compnay to boot ;)When Bethune announced 12000 layoffs after 9-11, we rallied around Continental. The destinations i mentioned before get regular travel from Houstonians. Some of them see 3 or 4 flights a week which are charter. Thats revenue that could be put in Continentals pockets. They-Continental-are listening and some good changes are coming :up: :up:

You are correct. We Texans are a very proud people and we dont make a habit out of bashing our hometown businesses as some other states do. When the hometown businesses are in trouble, we ban together to do what we can to help. Continental is a major employer in our city and it is a great compnay to boot ;)When Bethune announced 12000 layoffs after 9-11, we rallied around Continental. The destinations i mentioned before get regular travel from Houstonians. Some of them see 3 or 4 flights a week which are charter. Thats revenue that could be put in Continentals pockets. They-Continental-are listening and some good changes are coming :up: :up:

Back