The Two That (temporarily) Got Away

extwacaptain

Aug 20, 2002
The Two That (temporarily)Got Away!

Several days ago, just before the hurricane hit, I thought it would be fun ;) if some of us Monday morning quarterbacks would offer suggestions to the company on how to handle the many problems which most certainly would be encountered over the following few days.

That topic and responses were “lost†due to a “memory leak†and although permission has been granted by one of our moderators to repost, the storm is now gone, there were no great ideas offered, but two posts by one of our members went unanswered and deserve a response.

To the gentleman who made it quite plain that he considered my comments critical of management. Let me answer with a short story of my years with the airlines. Since hiring on with TWA in 1945, I have criticized our management ONLY ONCE. This was by invitation to speak before an assembly of our vice presidents. It occurred approximately 40 years ago at our then home office at 605 Third Avenue, N.Y.

You might enjoy the subject matter of that meeting. The question was asked if I had any ideas to improve TWA’s operation. My answer was: “Yes, you should start treating our F/As like the adults they are instead of like children.†(This time period was about when the job was becoming a professional career, rather than an average of a year and a half, and then on to another life)

And, yes, the company did make changes in this area and I did not make enemies for offering constructive criticism. As the song goes: “I did it my wayâ€. There were no messages on a message board, no writing on the restroom walls, no calls to Congress.

Regarding the first of your two posts ….Sorry, it didn’t make much sense. There for a while, I thought you liked me.

Randy Kramer ;)

Captain(Randy);
You, sir, will ALWAYS be the GREATEST !!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
NH/BB's

PS,
Here's hopin' that Sally's goin' easy on you.
(hope you've still got a significant "stash", in the "false bottom", of the dog house)
:D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D

Back