Third Circuit Ruling

pitguy said:
History shows what third party maintenance does. It is no secret. Look at the history even of late. Read into that what you like. Fact is fact. Third party maintenance is all about reducing cost. Even 'U' has stated that.

--Gee, did you hear about the first Airbus that came out of that place?
Please explain to me why WN has a near flawless safety record then.

Kev3188 said:
I'm wondering why there isn't a word about this ruling on 141m's website.
I'd imagine the IAM is waiting until it has its response all lined up before saying anything.

I think they'll probably request an en banc rehearing and an emergency restraining order from the entire 3rd circuit.

USFlyer said:
pitguy said:
History shows what third party maintenance does. It is no secret. Look at the history even of late. Read into that what you like. Fact is fact. Third party maintenance is all about reducing cost. Even 'U' has stated that.

So, planes just have to NOT auger in to prove your point?

Then again, maybe they choose their contractors more wisely?

Then again, what ABOUT 700?

I'm wondering why there isn't a word about this ruling on 141m's website.

I would think there still trying to pick themselves up off the floor.

Just lets get it over. Lay me off while U still has the cash to pay my severance.

USFlyer said:
pitguy said:

Tell me why Delta does not vendor out that work? Matter of fact they do third party work and even made allot of money doing it. I personally have doubt regarding this Singapore company. Southwest is bringing more and more of that work in house.

pitguy said:
Tell me why Delta does not vendor out that work? Matter of fact they do third party work and even made allot of money doing it. I personally have doubt regarding this Singapore company. Southwest is bring more and more of that work in house.
How about actually answering the question rather than asking a rhetorical question simply to avoid responding to USFlyer's point.

• Banned
USFlyer,

Your comments about WN's record with outsourcing is accurate as far as I know.

While I hope that the IAM ultimately wins this issue at U, outsourcing is not intrinsically good or bad from a safety standpoint. An article linked in another thread talks about DL doing maintenance for other airlines, DL is the provider of outsourced maintenance. Does that mean that DL's maintenance is subpar? No.

However, you do often get what you pay for. A short story from my previous life flying DC-3's illustrates. Engine overhauls were outsourced, for years to the lowest cost shop. We were lucky to get 600 hours of use between overhauls. Finally, the work was sent to a "name" overhaul shop that cost 75% more - but we got 1800 hours between overhauls. Paying more up front ended up saving money.

Jim

:down: 141m and 141 fleet website a joke it takes them weeks to update
anything they never inform the members of what is going on like the cwa does.
If something is happening the cwa gets it right out to the people. The IAM should take note,if you ever asked a iam rep what is going on they never know.

You know there is something rather absent in your reasoning why Delta does contracting work.. something about unions perhaps?

Snicker, snicker.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

"Matter of fact they do third party work and even made allot of money doing it."

I guess that PitGuy is going to have to work hard to reverse course on that one. Delta maintenace must have allowed so, so many crashes. D@mned non-union shops.

And who is to say that US mechanics can't do contract work for other carriers. When we did, was our work sub-par?

Back