This Site Has Departed To The Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie

Advanced
Mar 14, 2003
Sad to say, but this caaviation.com has and is leaning toward the great White whale, It is turning out to be an American oriented aviation rag!! Sorry Kyle, I know $$ talks, but you don't have to be so blatant. No Canadian jobs, gallery gone,
everything based on whats hot in the US. :eek:
shame on YOU!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lighten up guys. It's his website and I assume that $$$$ does talk to keep it in operation. If you really need those areas back I am sure Kyle would welcome $500 from each of you to help.

Just my US$0.015 worth

Thanks, graunch1.

US? No, don't think so. I have been working on an entirely new backend system that will allow for a much better classifieds, employment and other areas. This is near completion now but we still have some bugs to work out.

The forums seem to be 100% Canadian to me and so does the news section - best available in Canada for that matter. There are in fact Canadian jobs listed, in fact, the latest ones are Canadian.

Where do you see that I am making money from the US or money for that matter at all? I must be missing something.

As for the photo gallery, as noted earlier, we will be implementing a much better solution for all to enjoy however it has not been released yet by the developers. This is on the block for April though however.

The new layout was the first stage in expansion in this area.

I disagree, look past the basic imported front page propaganda and the rest is American.red white and blue..
Graunch you ALWAYS agree with the flavor of the month club.and Kyle knows all too well that he needs more participation in these forums :down:
There's absolutly no original Canadian content here, sure Joe Blow schools pawning their wares, but Kyle nothing of substance!! NO history, no reminders of Canadas contributions, Just American clones and all yankee products ! :down:

jOB: station manager, location Newark,N J..yikes !!!come on me ol trout ,lets see ifn ol garge bush illa lets go on down dere!! mebe pauly martin cin give us soma dat sponership money?? :shock:

Who bit your butt Louie??

I can't remember what the flavour of the day is much less for the whole month.
I just think that when one is using a FREE service they perhaps should recognize that the owner of said servcie has the right to do as he wishes. In other words put up or shut up. Maybe no one in Canada is contributing any news or job openins is this Kyle's fault??

In a way, yes it is Kyles fault. He's the one who needs the marketing to sell his site to the consumer. If it sells in the US more than Canada, there is a problem with the marketing audience.

I think Kyle also knows that the forums generate alot of traffic to here and traffic is what draws the advertisers. So in other words, shutting up isn't an option. Flapping our gums, in a way, helps Kyle.

Well I wasn't necessarily talking about ceasing to flap, I was referring to whining about the fact that there is more US content.

But, if Canucklheads don't want to advertise is there a problem with US ads??

After all this is typical with most Canaidan businesses, they don't want to advertize yet the Yanks know and value the positive effect of spending some $$$$ on advertizing. Just ask anyone who publishes a magazine how hard it is to drag advertizing out of Canadian companies

This is such a typical Canadian attitude! #### about americans and american content but don't support a Canadian venture!
The reason we dislike Americans so much is the same reason why we're behind the 8 ball all the time: They're too patriotic for their own good and we're not enough for ours :down: :down:

I still want to know where they think this money is ;) It is no secret that I am part of USaviation.com so of course, some areas like the classifieds will display some from all countries. However, we are changing this over as I have stated and soon, very soon, we will be presenting even more Canadian content.

It is true, Canadian companies are a little hesitant to advertising on the web and I can understand this. That is why this is a hobby for me and I build other solutions for the industry to pay for my weekends.

But hey, some like to complain about the weather and others, instead of trying to support a good thing, they would rather knock it. Their choice, been doing this for years and I ain't stopping any time soon.

That's fine, have all the US ads you want on the site, but eventually advertising in a market where you won't see many returns will eventually light a bulb inside the marketers heads and they'll stop wasting the money.
And until there is a completely open border, I don't see a large enough crossover to make it worthwhile to anyone.
Take the GATTS ad for example, how many canadians have gone there, or plan to?

You would be surprised how many people have visited GATTS.

I have done several online solutions for both north and south of the border, say as you want, but I have extensive knowledge of where companies can and do succeed by marketing cross-border.

It is too bad you think the Canadian market is is not prosperous enough, we are worth more then you think.

Well, off to the airport for a flight - think I will wear my David Clark's, take my Pelican Flashlight and ASA Clipboard.... Hmmm, perhaps I will fly a Cessna tonight.

Hey look... Kyle can be a smart ass too...

I wonder where the americans get all their great products though? I'm guessing from invading every country that has an idea, call it 'terrorism protection' and then claim the new idea as theirs. There is a real reason Bush wanted Sadaam's nuclear technology.... :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back