True Colors (u.s. Spelling)

wridon

Apr 3, 2003
There have been two incidences lately that have made me reflect...

The first case of Mad Cow in the U.S.: It will probably be found that the cow did come from Canada, but isn't it interesting that the first thing the US did was blame Canada, and Canadian Beef is unsafe because of one case of Mad Cow in Alberta, but U.S. beef is very safe and always will be. It is unconstitutional for any beef rendered in the U.S. to harm an American!

The other is the case of Mr. J. :He looks like a painted fruit cake, but the true colors show through when the cuffs are slapped on.

Anyone else notice that?

Happy New Year All! B)

It's the job of the U.S Government, not Canada's, to make sure that Mad cow doesn't enter the USA. Canada's testing for BSE is (or @ least was) above and beyond that of the United States. The cow in Canada didn't even enter the food chain. The meat from US cow is spread over several states now, it's damn near a suprise they caught it. The United States dropped the ball on this one. However, both our countries are now in this together. Hopefully standards will be put in place on both sides of the border that enable the industry to recover, and this whole ordeal doesn't turn into some big pissing contest.

Cheers and Happy New Years,
SR

wridon,

well said about the beef.. and Canada was stupid enough to say we would not ban US beef right away...duh what did the yanks do to us in may???? Holy smokes we're dense or whaa... :eek:

As for Jacko, well innocent until proven quilty..but he should keep his mouth shut,cause his police battering story seems a tad contrived.. :shock:

Reminds me of the "blame Canada" song by
s-park-header.gif

Notice how they don't even mention whether the rancher in Washington is being investigated as to what he fed his cattle ?? There is also speculation that the tag that the US is using to identify the cow may not be from the cow that had BSE. Just to add to that, the cow in question was a dairy cow. It has been producing milk for a number of years, and last I heard, no-one knows if BSE/CJD can be transmitted to humans through milk.

As for the Excited States immediately blaming us, well it's par for the course. Our country is the whipping boy/goat du jour. If we had a couple hundred million consumers, things would be a little different. After all look at China ?? A country with a 'wonderful' human rights record, it's not democratic, has weapons of mass destruction (nukes, bio, and chemical), has rarely ever agreed with US foreign policy, but the US loves them. Why ?? Easy answer, 1 billion consumers !!!

Cheers

geez if I could only type properly :rolleyes: Typo Hell

athe aould eb a graet elph when making comments :p

The BSE thing is quite the topic down here in KS. As far as most of the people I talk with are concerned, the guy in WA essentially screwed up by railing the downer cow. Logic would dictate (but they won't ADMIT it) that the US HAS BSE, but questionable cattle usually face the "SSS" treatment - shoot, shovel, shut up. The WA farmer elected to risk exposing his herd to quarantine.

For the record they are saying that it takes 4-5 years for BSE to materialize, but do they really know? Apparently there is a "spontaneous" form.

The US will always beat on Canada because that's what they do best. Makes me extremely angry :angry: but I have to deal with it every day.. damn 'murkins.. lol :D

Latest posts