Tulsa To The Rescue..... BUT WHY?

Why would the work take any longer?

All "General" A&P's are the same, therefore Line Maintenance mechanics and Overhaul mechanics are the same.

The number of people working would be less so therefore it would take less time. It has nothing to do with working the line or overhaul.
Why would the number of people be less? and how can less people complete the work in less time?

Unless I misunderstood you. Are you stating there would be no one from DFW available.

Odie, I think FX pays there mechs THE highest lic prem in the business.
Think it's $7.20 EACH TICKET, $14.40-as of Mar 2011.
Hell, that's damn near my BASE pay now.
Now how does make everyone feel??

Actually 787 the lic premimum now is 8.06 per lic for a total of 16.12 for 2. And as to who gets it everyone either hanger or line gets lic prem..The only ones who do not receive it are MTP's..That is a prior program that FX had then dropped and has now reinstituted it. Basically takes employees who have an A@P but no experience (36 months or less to be exact). and pays them base only for 15 months then they get the lic prem added to it..They only good thing for them is that they get on the main mechanic seniority list even as an MTP. Now for the downside FX does have a very high lic prem. However, they just cut the base pay dramatically for new hires it is now 11.45 for AMT's only not other technicians but again the lic prem is 16.12. So the only ones who would really feel the new wage would be the MTP's until they had their 15 months experience.

Actually 787 the lic premimum now is 8.06 per lic for a total of 16.12 for 2. And as to who gets it everyone either hanger or line gets lic prem..The only ones who do not receive it are MTP's..That is a prior program that FX had then dropped and has now reinstituted it. Basically takes employees who have an A@P but no experience (36 months or less to be exact). and pays them base only for 15 months then they get the lic prem added to it..They only good thing for them is that they get on the main mechanic seniority list even as an MTP. Now for the downside FX does have a very high lic prem. However, they just cut the base pay dramatically for new hires it is now 11.45 for AMT's only not other technicians but again the lic prem is 16.12. So the only ones who would really feel the new wage would be the MTP's until they had their 15 months experience.

So that I am getting this clear, an A&P mechanic with no experience starts at $11.45 but only for 15 months then he receives a total of $16.12 for license premiums.

How many years to the top after his 15 months?

And what is the current top?

So that I am getting this clear, an A&P mechanic with no experience starts at $11.45 but only for 15 months then he receives a total of $16.12 for license premiums.

<_< ------ Buck, you don't want to know! It would only piss you off more than you already are!!! -------And what Union do they have? :rolleyes:

<_< ------- You know what they say about hindsight? It's 20/20!------ Years ago, when Uncle Carl first bought into TWA, quit a few of our AMT's quit TWA and went to work for a small freight outfit, down the road from us, on the west coast. That outfit was called "Flying Tigers Airline". It was bought out a few years later by ----- guess who? Oh well, I guess I had my chance! :(

<_< ------ Buck, you don't want to know! It would only piss you off more than you already are!!! -------And what Union do they have? :rolleyes:

No not really. I am looking for a comparison through the pay scales based on our OSM'S, our mechanic starting base pay and the tops and length of service.

Then even if every mechanic refused, the company would just paperwork those available. The union cannot be part of, as you say a job action. Besides the company and union are working together.

You cannot be paperworked to go on a fieldtrip and you can paperwork the guys at DFW but that would not have done alot of good!

Thanks man.....careful on that new expensive toy. :)

No not really. I am looking for a comparison through the pay scales based on our OSM'S, our mechanic starting base pay and the tops and length of service.

Buck I believe lineguy is saying new hire AMTs (exp'd)will start at 11.45(base)+ 16.12 lic prem, for a kick ass starting wage of 27.57(+ any shift diff) IOWs about where WN is-
AND WHERE EVERYBODY SHOULD BE.

It's just newly licensed MTP(Maint Trng Prog)that get hosed(for a little while)until they are there, what? 15 mo of training in did he say? After less than 3 yrs-can you say PAY DIRT?! (for trainees) When I was there, 33 mo top out for AMTs.
Now......."how do ya like 'em now?!" :)

That would be 11:45+16.12 after 15 months and that is only for MTP's. A guy hired with exp would get lic prem so he would get 27.57 to start plus .15 cent line prem if he worked line..In his 4th year he would top out at currently at 46.56 plus if works line add .15 cents and add 2.50 if he is a lead..Also if an AMT takes a lead upgrade at ANYTIME during his work week he is paid at full lead pay for the entire week. That is a plus. Also have to note that new hires do not get shift differential any longer..But still beats most airline pay out there.

You cannot be paperworked to go on a fieldtrip and you can paperwork the guys at DFW but that would not have done alot of good!
I am sure you are correct. I was speculating that the company being placed in a position where a TRO would be required to get the mechanics to do anything. Not that the union would ever find itself in such a position.

Bradford came by....

That would be 11:45+16.12 after 15 months and that is only for MTP's. A guy hired with exp would get lic prem so he would get 27.57 to start plus .15 cent line prem if he worked line..In his 4th year he would top out at currently at 46.56 plus if works line add .15 cents and add 2.50 if he is a lead..Also if an AMT takes a lead upgrade at ANYTIME during his work week he is paid at full lead pay for the entire week. That is a plus. Also have to note that new hires do not get shift differential any longer..But still beats most airline pay out there.

$27.57, that is more than our topped out base. $27.20.
I believe that our experienced mechanic starts around $14.50, but are not getting any takers. Heard a rumor that applicants were getting offers @ $19+ with guaranteed employment? However with the contract/bankruptcy, our OSM numbers will increase.

Thanks for the info.

$27.57, that is more than our topped out base. $27.20.
I believe that our experienced mechanic starts around $14.50, but are not getting any takers. Heard a rumor that applicants were getting offers @ $19+ with guaranteed employment? However with the contract/bankruptcy, our OSM numbers will increase.

Thanks for the info.

That's what my pay rate is Buck.Oh and also...no pay increase after 6 mos/off probation. & Did I see right? No raises until after 18-that's EIGHTEEN mos!?

Don't know about any guarantees...haven't heard that one.
I sure didn't get any...

That's what my pay rate is Buck.Oh and also...no pay increase after 6 mos/off probation. & Did I see right? No raises until after 18-that's EIGHTEEN mos!?

Don't know about any guarantees...haven't heard that one.
I sure didn't get any...

It may not be true. However, there had been a shortage of aircraft cleaners. The company hired around 20+ I believe. But under the term sheet, they would be in a different classification.

Why would the number of people be less? and how can less people complete the work in less time?

Unless I misunderstood you. Are you stating there would be no one from DFW available.

I never said less people could get it done faster. I'm sure there would be a few at DFW that would volunteer,but not as many as they had come in from Tulsa and AFW. You know as well as I do that if they white sliped people they don't get the production that they want. It might have something to do with being forced to be there when you don't want to be or the way the executives are treating there so called valuable employees like door mats while they fill there pockets with the employees money. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you just misunderstood and not trying to stir the pot.

Back