Twa Seniority Lawsuit Dismissed

He remains ignorant of the facts, his/her posts are attempts to say something but mostly what s/he reveals is animosity towards the TWA F/As.

kirkpatrick said:
It would be difficult to find a workforce anywhere in any industry that showed the strength and solidarity shown by the TWA FA's in the strike of '86. Of 6800 FA's, only about thirty crossed on the first day. Of 444 FA's stranded on international, with all expenses including hotels halted by the company, only six worked or volunteered to work their flights home.

The company was back to near 100% capacity within a month of the strike, but when the strike ended weeks later, eleven weeks total, 80% of the FA's were still honoring the strike. 5400 of us lost our jobs in that action. And remember: the president of the United States didn't call Icahn and say, "Hey, Carl, let's end this thing."

You guys are justifiably proud of the expert way your strike was handled. It was one of the finest examples of effective striking I've ever seen, both in its planning and in its result. But it only lasted five days. What percentage of your people crossed in those five days? How many would have crossed if it had dragged into weeks?

You owe the TWA FA's an apology for your remarks.

MK
[post="206138"][/post]​
Very true and well spoken. The TWA people walked not knowing how long it would last, and aganst a company with trained replacements. AA had no replacements, we knew at worst we were going to be out 11 days. How hard was that?

L1011Ret said:
The evidence that APFA told the TWA F/As that they would not be stapled WAS submitted with the complaint.
[post="206132"][/post]​
Unless stated by the union president. Who is its chief spokesperson. Anything said or written by anyone else is only another persons speculation of the unions future actions.
L1011Ret said:
There were about 10 charges in the lawsuit. The Judge dismissed charge #1 because the TWA F/As did not file a grievance under the RLA. She dismissed the other 9 charges because she said the Railway Labor Act takes precedence over civil suits for damages. If you read it closely, she found he charges have merit but cannot be processed under tort laws.
[post="206132"][/post]​
Did the judge offer a view on the other 9 complaints, or is this speculation that they have merit? "If you read closely." Do mean read between the lines?

FA Mikey said:
Unless stated by the union president. Who is its chief spokesperson. Anything said or written by anyone else is only another persons speculation of the unions future actions.
Did the judge offer a view on the other 9 complaints, or is this speculation that they have merit? "If you read closely." Do mean read between the lines?
[post="226615"][/post]​

The APFA merger committee told IAM representatives that they would not be stapled. It was entered as evdence. As to the merits of the other 9 charges, AA and APFA were unable to deny them nor offer any arguments to repudiate them both in oral testimony or the legal briefs. You can note that the Judge did not present and of defandants AA and APFA's arguments in her ruling. If the defendants fail to offer plausible explanations for their actions, the charges are considered to have merit. You can read the Judge's ruling on apfa.org and get a genuine reading of why the case was dismissed.

L1011Ret said:
The APFA merger committee told IAM representatives that they would not be stapled. It was entered as evdence. As to the merits of the other 9 charges, AA and APFA were unable to deny them nor offer any arguments to repudiate them both in oral testimony or the legal briefs. You can note that the Judge did not present and of defandants AA and APFA's arguments in her ruling. If the defendants fail to offer plausible explanations for their actions, the charges are considered to have merit. You can read the Judge's ruling on apfa.org and get a genuine reading of why the case was dismissed.
[post="226651"][/post]​

What happened to all that talk of "we will all have to live with what the judge decides". For all the posturing from both sides prior to the decission the fact remains. The case has been dismissed. I think we all have bigger battles to focus on now. Hopefully we will see even more call backs in the next 6 months and we can focus more on repairing our contract.

MiAAmi said:
What happened to all that talk of "we will all have to live with what the judge decides".
[post="226863"][/post]​

LOL, I know you didn't believe that would happen if they lost. LOL B)

:D I thought I'de give you all a good laugh! GoingBoeing says:" TWA is a figment of our imaginations!" What done you think girls????

MCI transplant said:
:D I thought I'de give you all a good laugh! GoingBoeing says:" TWA is a figment of our imaginations!" What done you think girls????
[post="226940"][/post]​

TWA no longer exists and you NOW work for AA.If you are dissatisfied the decisions made by AA management then you could retire,take a severance package, or quit.
The maintenance work [is not TWA's] as the aircraft belong to AA. AA has the right to move any of their work anywhere they choose including away from MCIE.
We are not even sure at TULE if the B-737's are coming back! AA has the right to have their maintenance done anywhere including outsourced.
Get over TWA. AA RULES!

goingboeing said:
TWA no longer exists and you NOW work for AA.If you are dissatisfied the decisions made by AA management then you could retire,take a severance package, or quit.
The maintenance work [is not TWA's] as the aircraft belong to AA. AA has the right to move any of their work anywhere they choose including away from MCIE.
We are not even sure at TULE if the B-737's are coming back! AA has the right to have their maintenance done anywhere including outsourced.
Get over TWA. AA RULES!
[post="226951"][/post]​

Everyone knows how I feel about the seniority issue. But the fact is we went to binding arbitration because of the AFL-CIO, and Kasher has made his rulings. When one group or another has a grievance, it is filed with the Dispute Resolution Committee (DRC).
When this is filed, Kasher examines it and makes a ruling. In this case, the former TWA mechanics have a good argument because Kasher based his previous rulings on "what the respective parties brought to the table." As MCI pointed out, Kasher said something to the effect that the TWU represented (origional AA people) could not have expected to have the work opportunites brought to the table by the TWA transaction. Former TWA mechanics don't have to necessarily work on TWA planes. If the arbitrator rules as I think he will, there will just have to be a commensurate number former TWA mechanics tied to the amount of former TWA planes still flying for AA. It should be noted that there are currently 2 origional AA MD-80s (1 AA and 1 former Reno Air) and 2 AA 767-200s in MCI. So MCI does overhaul nAAtive aircraft (they do all nAAtive 767-200s). In my opinion, AA will lease just enough hangar space to do overhaul work equal to the number of former TWA aircraft they will fly.
As I said before, I believe it should have been a pure staple because they waived their seniority in bankruptcy court. But this is the reality. And I am a realist. As far as outsourcing to third parties, I believe (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that there are scope clauses in the mechanics contract that prevent this.

goingboeing said:
Get over TWA. AA RULES!
[post="226951"][/post]​
:huh: If the B-737's aren't at TUL, then where are they? And how long have they been gone???

MCI transplant said:
:huh: If the B-737's aren't at TUL, then where are they? And how long have they been gone???
[post="227052"][/post]​

The B-737's have been gone from TULE for almost 3 months.There are no Heavy or light C lines operating here at TULE.The management told us that they got extension times between checks.The management tells us that they are "scheduled" back in April 05 but will not show us a Dock plan indicating this.
If there are any C checks being performed on AA B-737's I do not know where they are taking place.

Oh,yeah,The AA manangement used the B-737 work for political promises of jobs to get money from the Tulsa County taxpayers in a tax increase called Vision 2025.What a fraud perpetrated on the taxpayers of Tulsa County!

goingboeing said:
The B-737's have been gone from TULE for almost 3 months.There are no Heavy or light C lines operating here at TULE.The management told us that they got extension times between checks.The management tells us that they are "scheduled" back in April 05 but will not show us a Dock plan indicating this.
If there are any C checks being performed on AA B-737's I do not know where they are taking place.

Oh,yeah,The AA manangement used the B-737 work for political promises of jobs to get money from the Tulsa County taxpayers in a tax increase called Vision 2025.What a fraud perpetrated on the taxpayers of Tulsa County!
[post="227085"][/post]​
<_< The case of the missing 737's !!!! No! We haven't seen them here! When you see the tail docks go, you know they're really gone! We went from "Home of the 737s" to the "Home of the DC-3"! I guess that's fair! Well, you did say they could "outsource" them!!! And this sounds like exactly that! Good Luck mate! Signed: "Just another one or a.a.'s red headed stepchildren"!!!!

There are no 737's at TUL because with the maint extension they are all caught up on Heavy maint. They will start timing out again next year and barring anymore concessions they will return. The docks are currently doing MD80 work but mechs are still being sent to needed 737 classes. And no, AA is not permitted to outsource the 737 work under our current agreement.

AAmech said:
There are no 737's at TUL because with the maint extension they are all caught up on Heavy maint. They will start timing out again next year and barring anymore concessions they will return. The docks are currently doing MD80 work but mechs are still being sent to needed 737 classes. And no, AA is not permitted to outsource the 737 work under our current agreement.
[post="227166"][/post]​
<_< AAmech.------ Well said my man!! Oh! Just curious! How do you work MD80's in a Dock, with 737 tail docks??? Like I said, just curious!

The 737 Hangers are "Nose In" docks so the Tail stands are on wheels and were always being towed in and out whenever moving the AC. It's an annoying waste of time but its not difficult to move them. The last I saw one tail stand was now in the "Drop In" line where they seem to do a lot of 737 work. The other was sitting on the ramp along with the 737 wing docks. The only work stands left are the nose docks whick Fac maint adjusted lower for the MD80.

Back