Twu Survey-do Not Discard

mojo13

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
The TWU survey is coming to your mailboxes. Do not throw it away. Here is your chance to make a difference. This survey is very important because it will be the direction the TWU-ATD will take to restructure itself. Read and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Every question is important. This is your best opportunity to change from within. Whether you are an AMFA supporter or you support the TWU, the survey asks the tough questions because it wants to be your union. Don't squander the chance to make a change.

Hey mojo, does the questionnaire allow for major changes in the twu Constitution? Such as membership votes on all letters of Agreement, Recall of International and local officers, percentage pay for international officers in lieu of pay for growing the twu? How about giving the membership back the sole and only power to ratify a contract? Membership votes on all International officers, membership votes on all constitutional changes. Just to name a few!!!

So the TWU argues in Federal Court that the membership DOES NOT have the right to ratify changes or amendments to the Labor Agreement per the TWU Constitution, and the Federal Judge agrees with the TWU, but we have the right to fill out a survey?

I dont need no stinkin survey, I need the AMFA Constitution, and a CRAFT UNION not affiliated with the AFL-CIO.

What part of that doesn't the TWU understand.

Look for a decision from the NMB regarding the AMFA Appeal on or before September 13th. Then you will receive a REAL and unbiased survey in the form of a National Mediation Board Ballot. NO TRICK QUESTIONS just a simple AMFA or TWU choice.

Surces say a team of NMB Lawyers are looking over every document filed with great detail.

Hey mojo, you coming to Tulsa next month? I hear your your Aircraft Engineer group that reports to John Beavers is scheduled to arrive in Tulsa on September 1st, 2004. Why dont you guys need Aircraft Engineers on the MCI base anymore?

Rusty said:
Hey mojo, does the questionnaire allow for major changes in the twu Constitution? Such as membership votes on all letters of Agreement, Recall of International and local officers, percentage pay for international officers in lieu of pay for growing the twu? How about giving the membership back the sole and only power to ratify a contract? Membership votes on all International officers, membership votes on all constitutional changes. Just to name a few!!!
[post="172181"][/post]​

Hey Rusty, You know what really strikes me as funny is when you amfa believers want to vote on any LOA...! Why is there a need for officer's of the amfa? These type of comment's show no respect, or faith in their decisions...! Why don't the amfa save themselves a few bucks and just get rid of all of the officers since according to you, they can't do anything right anyway..!!! :up:

But I forgot, the recall of national officers thing is so riddled with complications, that I guess they are stuck with them....!!! :wacko: :wub:

--------------------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

Actually HS, it is more difficult to get rid of Delle...read HERE and see why.

Excellent topic by mojo. For years the amfa movement has cried for change. If these surveys are not responded to then the ATD will have no input from it's members on the changes desired. Twist it as you see fit, Mr.Little is giving it a shot for us, so do your part or shut up, bottom line.

mojo13 said:
The TWU survey is coming to your mailboxes. Do not throw it away. Here is your chance to make a difference. This survey is very important because it will be the direction the TWU-ATD will take to restructure itself. Read and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Every question is important. This is your best opportunity to change from within. Whether you are an AMFA supporter or you support the TWU, the survey asks the tough questions because it wants to be your union. Don't squander the chance to make a change.
[post="172179"][/post]​

Been there done that twice already, sorry game over for the twu. :shock: For the KC crowd, we've had the same crap in 1994 and 1999. The 1999 was put out as the grassroots movement for change within the twu. In fact the brochure from Jim Little back then talks the same crap as this time. :lol: :lol:

Sorry Mojo, election or no election this year, I promise you that this battle goes on till the twu is gone. :up: :up:

Sorry Mojo, election or no election this year, I promise you that this battle goes on till the twu is gone.

As long as amfa keeps the same organizers I see no problem, nor threat. :up: :up:

Nightwatch said:
As long as amfa keeps the same organizers I see no problem, nor threat. :up: :up:
[post="172271"][/post]​

Yeah, and as long as the twu maintains their PUNKS, DRUNKS, COWARDS, and CONNELL'S(punk, drunk, coward combo), I look forward to more battles. It's not like you can defend the twu without at least a 12 pack in you.

AMFAMAN said:
Yeah, and as long as the twu maintains their PUNKS, DRUNKS, COWARDS, and CONNELL'S(punk, drunk, coward combo), I look forward to more battles. It's not like you can defend the twu without at least a 12 pack in you.
[post="172273"][/post]​

Can't speak for Connell...but I don't drink...hey...speaking of punks...where's DAN?

Rusty said:
[post="172181"][/post]​

The recall of officers already exists. It is the same for Jim Little as it is for your local officers. If you don't know how it is done than ask your local.

Letters of agreement have been incorporated into the contract.

You want constitutional changes? Submit the paperwork.

Quit complaining and do something.

mojo13 said:
The recall of officers already exists. It is the same for Jim Little as it is for your local officers. If you don't know how it is done than ask your local.

[post="172345"][/post]​

Been there done that.....

There is no recall process, that is a bad standing process in which you speak of, big difference. A recall process is controlled by the membership, bad standing is controlled by E-boards and a controlled trial committee.

Tell me MOJO, no LOA has been signed since the ratification of this joke contract, I know of several and I did not get to vote on any of them.

Constitutional changes...hahaha....you got a lot to learn. I am sure I will get to vote on those also. I am sure the twu will allow observers to come to the convention freely.

Give it up MOJO....you are only in your job for yourself and you know it. :ph34r:

mojo13 said:

[post="172345"][/post]​

Has a recall of any twu officer by the membership ever happened? No sir. Will it ever happen, I think you have a better chance of being killed by lightning.

Asking your local how you would recall Do-little? Please tell your kidding. It would not be allowed by the Mighty twu International, I would stake my next concessionary paycheck on it.

Your ex-TWA right mojo? I case you don't know, the twu has stiffled any real changes for years. They simply will not allow it!!! Go to a twu convention, try to submitt a motion to change the constitution, and you will be summarily stonewalled and bypassed like you were standing still. If the twu International (Sunny Hall in this case) don't like it...your not gettin' it. Period. Now I've never tried this myself, but I know a few people who have. All of them, ALL OF THEM say its useless. They were not AMFA supporters at the time, but they are now. This is the twu's fault.

The only reason the twu "says" they will change now is simply because they do not want those millions in dues monies disappearing. That is it. They have seen AMFA grow to be the largest AMT and Related union in a few short years. With AA onboard, the AMFA will nearly double in size. The govenment, the airlines, and the afl-cio are all trying to stop AMFA in its tracks. The don't want the battle with another large, skilled work group like the pilots. They want the division and the infighting like they enjoy now. They want the backdoor deals with the likes of Do-little and Peterpaul.

The twu has had they're chance at the helm, and they have ran the AMT profession into the ground. The have agreed to concession after concession for 20 years, and its never going to stop. They say the concession stand is closed? Yeah....right.

The time has come for the twu to be excused. The twu is finished representing AMT's. All the surveys and the "save the twu" meetings will not deter this fact.

mojo13 said:

[post="172345"][/post]​

mojo, you sure have come a long way. You really think this "survey" from the twu will accomplish anything? Hey, remember the "Change from within." mantra? How about the seperate locals we were given but contract negotiations were the same.

The twu is FLAWED! Your continued support of this dieing industrial union is pathetic. The twu has already been told what was wanted and needed.

Tell me, did you get to vote for videtich or the other local president sell out to be upgraded into the international? Have you received your full revote ballot yet? This survey will do NOTHING to protect our profession.

The twu wants to listen to the membership? Then let us have a fair democratic election between the twu & AMFA.

I delivered the message. What you do with it is entirely up to you.

What this survey shows is the twu is beginning to sweat. They did not even mention change until they heard the same thing we did and that is what Decision 2004 posted above. Here comes the "Just give us another chance" syndrome but, I am afraid that chance is long gone. Bye Bye twu, your fired!!!!

Back