TWU562/Owens supports Jim Little!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change is always possible Bob, but certainly not inevitable. I for one wouldn't want to give false hope to your readers.
I didnt say that change was always positive.

The union has been undergoing change for the last 10 years, all that I’ve seen from all the players in the INT is virtually the same as it has always been with regards to the membership. Ask anyone of those guys to get something done that might be a little gray and nothing happens, they don't want to stick their necks out, possibly lose their cushy position. They all continue to be docile with regards to contract negotiations with AA, always looking out for the health of the company, the belief being that looking out for the health of the company is the same as looking out for the health of the membership. Meanwhile, the membership stays employed but under continually worsening conditions.

OK, no arguement there.

Isn't it true that in under RLA in order for us to go to "binding arbitration" (which all arbitration is), the mediator proffers this prior to the cooling off period and it is only on those articles that are open and ONLY if both sides agree?

Both sides have to agree, as far as the arbitrator being limited to open items only I dont know what he is restricted to, only that its binding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back