Typical AA, wonder who was paid off this time?

A

American Air Surf

Through experience, I doubt this is, the ONLY incident, at AA, proof speak louder than words- Their "idot" manager(s), can't even enforce their own rules of conduct etc... What does this tell you? AA is scraping the bottom of the barrell for managerial talent-

And ..., Liar(s) all, are they, may God have mercy on their souls in the next world-

http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/478725.html

:ph34r: :angry: :shock: :(

NOT "suspecting" ANYONE, or any PARTICULIAR department !!!

After reading the news report, especially the AA "inside info" about a F/A I'm compelled to ask.

Garfield, did your department ever hear Rumors about this Incident ???

First I heard about it was when it was on the news a few days ago.

I'm trying to figure out what it is/was that the OP thins AA can/should do? According to the article Ms Abrams did not even know who it was till Jul of 2001 (and even then they only suspected). DPS and Corp Sec both got involved but if history is any indication, they must be very careful when investigating these matters. Were they to go after the wrong person, a reputation gets ruined and stalker walks around free. Apparently the FBI was also not able to be effectual.

I realize that blaming AA has become a past time here, but no one here has said what AA could/should have done different. I also saw no mention of what the unions involvement was if any in fighting to keep his job. Given that 2 public law enforcement agencies were involved (one of them being the FBI) I really have a hard time seeing where AA screwed up. It has always been my experience that AA takes that kind of crap seriously because if they do not, their liability could be huge.

One thing I was just thinking of is computer security. I can access schedules, addresses, and basic info such as that. I am curious how he got access to the info (if he even did get it through the computer). I do not know if the info I have access to is key word protected or not. He could have asked someone else for the info. I do not even release the info to close friends who work for AA. I had a friend who is a Cust Svcs Agnt at the airport ask me for a address or phone (I cannot remember which). She wanted to send a complement to the FA. I said she can either mail it to AA or give it to me and I would take care of it. To many people do not take that stuff seriously.

First I heard about it was when it was on the news a few days ago.

I'm trying to figure out what it is/was that the OP thins AA can/should do? According to the article Ms Abrams did not even know who it was till Jul of 2001 (and even then they only suspected). DPS and Corp Sec both got involved but if history is any indication, they must be very careful when investigating these matters. Were they to go after the wrong person, a reputation gets ruined and stalker walks around free. Apparently the FBI was also not able to be effectual.

I realize that blaming AA has become a past time here, but no one here has said what AA could/should have done different. I also saw no mention of what the unions involvement was if any in fighting to keep his job. Given that 2 public law enforcement agencies were involved (one of them being the FBI) I really have a hard time seeing where AA screwed up. It has always been my experience that AA takes that kind of crap seriously because if they do not, their liability could be huge.

One thing I was just thinking of is computer security. I can access schedules, addresses, and basic info such as that. I am curious how he got access to the info (if he even did get it through the computer). I do not know if the info I have access to is key word protected or not. He could have asked someone else for the info. I do not even release the info to close friends who work for AA. I had a friend who is a Cust Svcs Agnt at the airport ask me for a address or phone (I cannot remember which). She wanted to send a complement to the FA. I said she can either mail it to AA or give it to me and I would take care of it. To many people do not take that stuff seriously.

Well, folks- AA has the technology, to have found Mr. White, and stopped this- They didn't want to use it. How many people left CS under Sterling? Woods, Wainsley. I can tell you this, even when CS is presented with the facts, they will turn a blind eye. The reason being, what happened here is in violation of Federal Law, and AA is NOT going to step up to the plate and admit guilt. I wouldn't say this, if I didn't have facts to back it up..... :eek:

Gar, I spent over 20 years in the Information Technology field. I am appalled on a daily basis at the odd "security" at AMR. For instance...

At Texaco, all the mainframe computers worldwide were linked together--Bellaire, TX, Hamburg, Germany, New York, (there was another one in the Orient somewhere, but I don't remember). An employee could be logged on to ONE computer terminal somewhere on the worldwide system at any given time using the same logonid and password. It was a termination offense to walk away from a terminal you were logged into without first logging off. Going to the restroom or getting a cup of coffee did not count, but leaving for lunch or leaving for the day or going to a meeting that was going to last more than a few minutes did.

At AA, I can go into Ops in any base city, and log on to every single terminal in Ops using the same logonid and password. Even though it is a "violation" of corporate security policy, you see f/as posting their password on HIBOARD all the time.

I also see pilots and f/as leaving themselves logged on to a terminal when they leave Ops to go on a trip. Their argument: Well, the computer will log me off after 15 minutes. Does anyone have any idea how much damage could be done or information accessed in just 15 minutes? And, it would all appear to have been done by you.

If AMR Security had been serious about the f/a's complaints, it would have been a simple matter to have a program written to track EVERYONE who accessed information related to this f/a--24/7. A pattern would have quickly emerged regarding the stalker (who had no legitimate business reason) accessing her schedule, etc. However, AMR would have had to pay SABRE for writing the program. That might have cut into the executive bonusses.

Bitter, party of one. You're table's ready. :lol:

If AMR Security had been serious about the f/a's complaints, it would have been a simple matter to have a program written to track EVERYONE who accessed information related to this f/a--24/7. A pattern would have quickly emerged regarding the stalker (who had no legitimate business reason) accessing her schedule, etc. However, AMR would have had to pay SABRE for writing the program.

Easier said than done... but you're assuming that White used Sabre to get all this information.

Perhaps the sequences, but Google has far more information on individuals than Sabre does, including directions to their house, satellite photos, etc.......

E

Back