U.S. Airways Flight Enroute to Charlotte

Why aren't any of these fume events on outbound legs or on the west coast where east aircraft also fly? I would think that the Airbus' aircraft monitoring system would record a triggering of the smoke detectors in the lavs and cargo bays. Were the crewmembers so overcome with fumes that they couldn't get to a Portable Oxygen Bottle?

Without corroborating evidence, if grandstanding in the name of perpetuating the safety campaign is determined will these folks be fired and will the next legitimate emergency be handled properly?

An argument can be made that unless "threats to safety" continue to occur beyond the injunction, then the safety campaign cannot be cast as anything other than what it was and USAPA will take a very hard fall. Is doubling down their only option?

Why aren't any of these fume events on outbound legs or on the west coast where east aircraft also fly? I would think that the Airbus' aircraft monitoring system would record a triggering of the smoke detectors in the lavs and cargo bays. Were the crewmembers so overcome with fumes that they couldn't get to a Portable Oxygen Bottle?

Without corroborating evidence, if grandstanding in the name of perpetuating the safety campaign is determined will these folks be fired and will the next legitimate emergency be handled properly?

An argument can be made that unless "threats to safety" continue to occur beyond the injunction, then the safety campaign cannot be cast as anything other than what it was and USAPA will take a very hard fall. Is doubling down their only option?

From what I've been able to determine part of the reason for limited incidents on the west side is many of the A/C are E-190's, 767's and 330's. None of which are in the old HP fleet. There is one recent rumor of an event MCI-PHX the other day. I have no evidence to support the notion that these events are related to the pilot actions. In fact one of the folks I talk with is none to fond of the East Pilots

These items also landed in my Inbox. They are uncorroborated so take them for what their worth.

We had something similar on 274 yesterday. Something went out on the way into MAN, so it took 90 minutes to MEL it. Because we were without said something... we flew 60 minutes from an alternate airport, instead of the usual 120 minutes... long trip home...
3 hours ago · Like · Remove

That happened to me too. A330 from MAN to PHL at 39,000 feet, we lost all electricity ... lights, ovens, air conditioning, video system, toilets, etc. Our pilots had to use the APU to restart a generator at full altitude in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. I guess it's a good thing that THAT particular tail number's APU wasn't INOP like so many others, huh? Got to love this well-run airline <insert Sanford and Son theme song here>.

The other day An A330 bound for FRA, lost all electrical power inflight, had to descend to 25k feet to restart. When got to FRA, a sticker was put on the plane and sent right back to the US. Don't worry, we have the best safety record ever!

The person who sent these things is usually pretty accurate in terms of what happened. The why I'll leave to others.

I know there are hardcore unionists out there but to believe that flight attendants would go as far as to send themselves to the hospital to "prove a point" to management is terrible to suggest. Flight attendants want NOTHING more than to get to their destination for their overnight SAFELY or finish their trip EARLY if anything. I am DONE! I am sick and tired of the twisted disection of what is happening. It's a real issue and it's happening more frequently. As with anything in the airline business, someone is going to have to be seriously hurt before it's taken care of. It's quite sad really.

Since some are saying that problems are occurring only on east and not west aircraft, I'm going to throw this at you, can things happen because of the various climates you fly in?

Back