UAL + CAL = AMR + NWA

Low shot there Kev. Only folks that get it more wrong than the pilots playing "Post Office" is the press.

It wasn't my intent to put the pilot group down. Sorry if that didn't come across in my earlier post. Having said that, Becker's comments most certainly got their attention (especially with fragmentation language being a sticking point); if it hadn't why would they have posted it on the hotline (where I originally found the transcript)?

well you know I can't give it up either, NHBB.

AA may have more cash but DL is set to have lower costs and much less debt. AA's cash stash will start shrinking when DL starts sucking away market share and pricing the market where they want - esp. NYC where DL and AA are on a collision course.

AA's cash stash will start shrinking when DL starts sucking away market share and pricing the market where they want - esp. NYC where DL and AA are on a collision course.

We'll have to see how it turns out won't we?

I'd be more concerned about DAL and the collision course they are on with DALPA, as opposed to what they think they are going to do to AA in the NYC market.

AA may have more cash but DL is set to have lower costs and much less debt. AA's cash stash will start shrinking when DL starts sucking away market share and pricing the market where they want - esp. NYC where DL and AA are on a collision course.

WT, tell me your post isn't advocating a fare war in NYC between bankrupt DL and cash-rich AA. Please.

Higher fares will save the industry. Lower fares will just cause the weak to run out of cash faster.

I keep hearing that DL is already 90% of the way thru its bankruptcy case, so its exit must be planned for May 1 or so, but I don't believe it. DL will likely be in Ch 11 thru 2007 and will exit sometime in 2008, assuming that it finds sufficient cash to pay for ever-higher jet fuel until then.

Maybe DL will find banks willing to lend it $3 billion and everything will be coming up roses forever in ATL. But I doubt that, too.

=========================================================

WT,

Just because DL chooses to fly to places like JFK to "outer MONGOLIA", does'nt mean that they're getting a better/bigger ROI out of Kennedy, than AA is.

You(of all people) might want to ask yourself,"Why does'nt AA start up routes like JFK...TLV/ATH etc., when they're holding the authority to do so" ??

WT,
Do you think that the reason AA does'nt, is because they're AFRAID of DL ????

Also of note, I fly Song , JFK/TPA on occasion, and I've got to tell ya that DL's terminal is, well, (let me put it to you this way), I always think I might see HUMPHREY BOGART walk by. :shock: :shock: :down: :down:

NH/BB's

Latest posts

Back