UAL could outsource a max of 2600 plus jobs

it is questionable to some only because it highlights that DL has higher paid non-union employees in multiple depts. than at unionized airlines

and all of this supposedly faulty data can't hide that DL's employees have shown the fastest growth in compensation of any US airlines.

perhaps you or one of your union brethren can explain how the numbers are manipulated to show that? I'm sure we will hear that DL is recording fuel expense under employee expense or some other bird-brained comment to inflate employee expenses.

perhaps you can also let us know what other depts. FAs work in at AA, DL, UA, and WN that would create "confusion" as to how to allocate their expenses.

WorldTraveler said:
it is questionable to some only because it highlights that DL has higher paid non-union employees in multiple depts. than at unionized airlines

and all of this supposedly faulty data can't hide that DL's employees have shown the fastest growth in compensation of any US airlines.

perhaps you or one of your union brethren can explain how the numbers are manipulated to show that? I'm sure we will hear that DL is recording fuel expense under employee expense or some other bird-brained comment to inflate employee expenses.

perhaps you can also let us know what other depts. FAs work in at AA, DL, UA, and WN that would create "confusion" as to how to allocate their expenses.

No its questionable because unlike you, we can read the report wherein the authors clearly state .....

Because of differing reporting methods by various airlines, it is also not possible to accurately calculate average salary and benefits for the various classes and crafts of ground and related employees.

And you freely admitted the data was inaccurate when I pointed out the ridiculous UAL maintenance numbers ....

obviously there is bad data there for those years. if you look at the number of personnel in maintenance in 95 and 96, UA said it had 4623 in 95 and then 2135 in 1996. that is why the average salaries are distorted

It isn't me or Weaasle, E, or Kev, or the union boogie man, its you, who tried to introduce the MIT as incontrovertible proof of your point only to be shown repeatedly where it is inaccurate, and NOT just by the "union brethren", But by the authors of the report themselves.

So taking a cue from you - keep spinning.... it only gives us more opportunities to keep making your anti-labor movement look stupid like you are and to highlight what unions are doing for their members.

I am well aware of that clause but what you have yet to tell me is how the rate of change is effected by differing airlines.

It doesn't change at all.

If AA calculates benefit costs differently than DL, then that will be true from one year to the next.

what you should have the greatest heartburn with is that DL employees show the greatest increase in salary compared to their peers at other airlines.

There is no excuse you can give as to why a unionized airline's rate of increase in compensation is less than that at a non-union airline.

whatever methodology one airline uses will have the same comparison to another.

and you and others still want nothing to do but shoot down any data that doesn't validate your point but you can't produce ANY data that shows your point.

the simple fact whether you want to admit it or not is that DL employees make more than their peers at other more unionized employees and the rate of increase for DL employees has been larger.

Fine print and disclaimers only matter when they prop up the narrative.

Just ignore him already, and we don't have to put up with the spin quite as often.

plateSpinner.jpg

Getting back to the original topic (from someone who actually works here); I'm trying to find out how much movement will happen. I guess they will fill the insourced cities from the bid file first, instead of offering them to the affected. Either way, vacancies will be created (albeit where and how many). Knowing the company, they will try to avoid paying for a lot of moves by limiting a system bump by offering the affected cities that may or may not be unattractive for some, and if they decline, would have to take furlough or separation. (also from what I hear, the EO buyouts are still crappy. If they were even half of what the FA's got, many would take it in a heartbeat). Probably SFO (which is expanding); IAD; or IAH would be the guesses. They may make mine (EWR) a system option too. The acceptance of the modifications helped the company a lot in their decisions, and they will definitely control the movement. Bottom line is I don't know how many will take the system. If history is a judge, the usual average is around 30%. 

Also there will be a District re vote coming up in the near future. Let's see if the survivors of this mess take the time out and vote the rats out.

I don't know about actual movements but here are a couple more cities announced or added to the lay-off lists with the possibility of another city announcement later.  I also assume that these lay-offs are not related to any mechanics are they?  I think I read a while back that it was mostly ground workers but didn't include mechanics right?

Southwest Airlines Reports February Traffic

so I would like to hear from a UA person about additional outsourcing.

there are people who are saying that once the door was opened, UA would not stop but it is painful to continue to hear yet one more phase.

can someone from UA confirm if UA's displacement process has allowed a person to be displaced from one city only to be displaced from yet another during the past 18-24 months or however long this has been going on.

Well I presume they have to go into negotiations, nothing on the District page yet.

UA has never been strong in Florida which both explains and is a sideproduct if their decision to close the Pan Am Latin America operation they acquired.

these are deep cuts... certainly seems like it would be for more than just the ramp.

is this only the ramp?

I wouldn't say "never."

Believe United briefly operated a small connecting operation in MCO, and United definitely had a fairly substantial longhaul operation, and accompanying domestic feed network, at MIA inherited from Pan Am that was dismantled around 2004.

This is happening because of the shake up in the point. FLL; PBI;,and MIA are part of the MIA point. Since MIA and RSW are in the point and only FLL is a protected city, this will cause an internal point bump. People will first take the system or bump into FLL. Junior people will have to take the system to somewhere they can hold or take the furlough..So this is just the total number people affected in this bump. More news to come soon,,since UA is getting into the handling business and creating a "D" scale workforce. Sounds like this will encroach our scope. There are still moves to be made from the 28 to be completed and people will have to take the system. Let's see what happens, but it is a bloodbath to come..........

Latest posts

Back