UAL Mech better look into this

Harvey

Mar 26, 2011
This is for the UAL techs.......The IBT at CAL has a seniority integration committee. The solution to the integration is to take a block of CAL techs and a block of UAL tech and then merge their seniority……so in other words a 10 year CAL tech will have the same seniority as a 20 year UAL tech hence when a layoff comes an 18 year united tech will hit the street before a 10 year CAL tech. The reason for them suggesting this is that there is more UAL tech with high seniority than that of CAL. The above is just an example of how it could play out.

So hope you, the UAL techs wake up and smell the coffee…this is what the IBT is planning.

I really don't think they can do that.

Although it seems that we have an airline called United but it's all Continental.

I would put money on it that the integration will be dovetail. Seniority is everything.
Enough said.

I would put money on it that the integration will be dovetail. Seniority is everything.
Enough said.

I tend to agree..The recent mergers that I have seen it seems the mechanics, ramp, agents have always gone dovetail...Relative seniority usually happens in the pilot ranks as it did during the NW/DL merger.

Enough said.
I agree. Dovetailed. I've never seen where when two groups from the same union are merged they've done it differently.

If memory serves, there about a dozen different ways to integrate seniority, and still be considered "fair and equitable." Many of them are anything but...

Don't forget the abortion of integration at AA when we bought TWA. The iam AND twu sold out the AMTs at TWA. Kasher just didn't split the baby he sliced and diced. There were so many formulas to determine what a TWA AMTs seniority would be it would make your head spin.

Don't forget the abortion of integration at AA when we bought TWA. The iam AND twu sold out the AMTs at TWA. Kasher just didn't split the baby he sliced and diced. There were so many formulas to determine what a TWA AMTs seniority would be it would make your head spin.
we bought twa different ball game. they where lucky to keep as much seniorty as they did

Latest posts

Back