Ugly Airbus Interiors

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
I had the opportunity to fly on an A319 the other night PHL-ROC whose first class cabin was an embarrassment. I am not even referring to cleanliness or lack thereof. The airplane's interior looked worse than the Boeings!!!

8 of 12 seatback pockets were stretched out to the point that they no longer retracted. In my row, 2D/F, the plastic panel atop the armrest was cracked with a couple of pieces missing--and the swingout cupholder wouldn't extend. When the FA brought me a drink, she noticed it and gasped in embarrassment.

The APU must have not been working, because there was no AC, and we waited about 20-25 minutes after scheduled departure for an air trailer to come up since the captain said we needed to air start the engines (there almost wasn't enough pressure from the air start truck--it took a long time to get the required RPM for ignition).

Of course then we hit the 8PM rush from PHL, with a 45-50 minute wait on the taxiways for departure.

This is NOT a dig at the fine crews who work the airplanes, but there is obviously no more pride in the product any more--these defects didn't occur overnight, and one could assume that a long layover at PHL (it was US 350 on 2 Sep) would have allowed the change of a broken panel.

It's not a major deal, but remember--perception is everything. I know better, but many do not.......

Complain to Dave, we only have utility at 18 stations and we are way short staffed especially on the RON.

LavMan said:
Complain to Dave, we only have utility at 18 stations and we are way short staffed especially on the RON.
Damn Right !! Complain to Dave !!!

This airline is being run more like a City Bus System..as opposed to a professional flag carrier like we were aspiring to be at one point.

Here's a story for ya....and yet more fuel to my blasts of how shabby the Airbus Fleet is being handled by this company.

Yesterday evening Acft 121 arrived in CLT for the RON....a call was placed to the thankless little department that fields all these issues.

The need was for 18 seat bottom covers...due in part to a massive "Yak Attack" by some of our under the weather passengers. This is to be expected in this business. Right?

Well, as it turns out...CLT Line Stores...and CLT Utility had none on hand. CLT Line stores is allocated 100 ...and Utility is allocated 60 , yet niether had a thing to work with.

To make matters worse...the CLT Distribution Center...the largest in the system by the way...had a ZERO balance on hand too.

The only timely resolve was to move 25 of the 50 showing on hand in LAX to CLT on "The Red-Eye".

This may be small potatos in the big scheme of things? ...but what if this plane had another bounce to do that night? What happens then? I realize in a pinch we can use B757 seat covers...but that's really a less than desireable answer....the point is this...we are not taking care of business like we should....it seems as if we are only going through the motions most of the time.

I just wish someone would take the bull by the horns and start steering this company...instead of trying to destroy it from within...and destroy our credability with our valued customers.

Jeez I need a vacation !!

"This airline is being run more like a City Bus System..as opposed to a professional flag carrier like we were aspiring to be at one point."

Get Real!! City bus drivers and mechanics make way more than you (us)!! :angry:

"Go Greyhound and leaving the driving to US"!
Damn Right, LET DAVE KNOW>>>>>> :down:

AOG-N-IT said:
The need was for 18 seat bottom covers...due in part to a massive "Yak Attack" by some of our under the weather passengers. This is to be expected in this business. Right?
I have to ask--what caused 18 people to yak on the flight? I've seen 1 or 2, but never that many.

I am not defending the less than clean planes of US, but I am in the middle of a two legged NW flight. Their 319 is just as bad as US. The only difference is you don't see the pen marks on the leather seats. NW uses Blue cloth seats.

Latest posts

Back