Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Men Cause Flight Delay By Refusing To Sit Next To Women

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
An El Al flight from New York to Tel Aviv last week encountered delays when several ultra-orthodox Jewish men refused to take their seats next to women over religious objections.

Ultra-orthodox Judaism forbids physical contact between men and women unless they are first-degree relatives or married to one another. In an airplane with close quarters, maintaining such separation is not easy.

As orthodox and secular Jewish passengers boarded the flight scheduled to arrive at Ben Gurion airport on the morning of Rosh Hashanah, the men began asking women seated next to them to move, sometimes even offering compensation for seat changes, Ynet News reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/orthodox-jewish-flight-delay_n_5902078.html

Happens all the time on LY. Not really anything new here. They aren't bigoted/backwards it is just their preference and deep commitment to religion and HaShem.

Josh

737823 said:
Happens all the time on LY. Not really anything new here. They aren't bigoted/backwards it is just their preference and deep commitment to religion and HaShem.
Josh
That shouldn't pose a problem.

If it was me, I would buy the seat on either side of myself, problem solved.

It's not cheap, but it's better than eternal damnation.... TIC..... ;-)

Latest posts

Back