United Mechanics vote on new contract extensio

Calm down? Who's excited? You were the one asking questions and I answered. And FWIW I haven't been "freaked out" about a TA since bankruptcy.

True, I've witnessed the same. However in this case UAL and the ibt seem to have inadvertently given the membership the unique ability to shoot down a TA and lose nothing - the money didn't kick in til August, and there was no signing bonus DOS of any kind to lose.

Whatever issue(s) the membership forces back to the table, be it Teamcare, Holiday moves, PCL limits, or TTTO, if UAL truly wants this extension in place as they have initially indicated, then the remedy for any or all of theses could still be reached/voted before August, and we've lost nothing.

Worst case scenario, we ride out our current extension, our industry reset will payout in December - not as much as the TA to be sure, but its a raise without giving up or changing a word of our current CBA.

We'll see -

Unless I’m missing something right now I don’t see you having any Industry reset? Delta hasn’t announced any raises yet and we aren’t scheduled to start our 6 Month early opener talks until September. And SWA isn’t included in that reset language.

IMG_0052.jpeg

Unless I’m missing something right now I don’t see you having any Industry reset? Delta hasn’t announced any raises yet and we aren’t scheduled to start our 6 Month early opener talks until September. And SWA isn’t included in that reset language.

Its your favorite language and you haven't even read the whole thing?

Our reset isn't based on just wages - its wages AND benefits ... and Delta has us beat.

Its your favorite language and you haven't even read the whole thing?

Our reset isn't based on just wages - its wages AND benefits ... and Delta has us beat.

What benefits does Delta have you beat with that you know for a fact? Being non Union they’re always a moving target to get that information.

How does that work? Do you get the same formula Delta gets?

10% up to $2.5 Billion and 20% for anything over.

I don’t think they match the individual Profit percentage.

It works just like the LOA states it does - have you even bothered to read it?

Profit Sharing is indeed part of the reset calculations. DAL's is alot more generous than ours

It works just like the LOA states it does - have you even bothered to read it?

Profit Sharing is indeed part of the reset calculations. DAL's is alot more generous than ours

I did indeed read it. And all it says is Profit Sharing. So I’m “assuming” since it’s not specific that means their “formula” since I doubt it would mean anything else if Delta makes a lot more profit than United.

I know we matched Delta’s formula but made a lot less profits and what AA makes is shared with 40,000 more people.

I also know your Ramp only gets a formula based on a 5% pool.

Notice in the language that they mention 6 items and Profit Sharing is # 6. However for their calculations they only mention 5 items.

IMG_0061.jpeg

The calculation at the bottom is just an example - not every year will have profit sharing

I know it’s an example but how can someone else’s profit sharing be added to your calculations. Don’t you have your own profit sharing program? American is also going to bring your averages down btw.

I know it’s an example but how can someone else’s profit sharing be added to your calculations. Don’t you have your own profit sharing program? American is also going to bring your averages down btw.

Yes, we have profit sharing, and its inferior to DAL's

The wages and benefits involved for the calculations are clearly spelled out in the "definitions" section of the LOA

The way those wages and benefits are used/compared in the calculation is in the last section of the LOA

Yes, we have profit sharing, and its inferior to DAL's

The wages and benefits involved for the calculations are clearly spelled out in the "definitions" section of the LOA

The way those wages and benefits are used/compared in the calculation is in the last section of the LOA

I understood all of that but on the PS would they somehow average the percentage paid out at AA and Delta and apply that to increases for you?

I’m really not understanding how that portion works?

TSH & D757,
It's been a little over 2 weeks since they put out this article below, have you guys heard of any voting timeframe as of yet?
How's the talks among the mechanics on the floor? At the Lines?? In other out cities??? Just curious the overall feelings about the AIP so far, and how the majority might feel about the teamcare part. Keep us posted when the voting starts fellas.

Funny how they do not use SWA in the wage increase comparo, but they use them (but only in 2022 not end of contract 2023) in comparing the 4 airlines. I was hoping you guys would have leap frog us more than just in the final year of the AIP supplied above. Why are they leaving out our final year 2023? As far as pay we were suppose to go to 60.43 in 2023 @amendable date, but with the new contract extension they were able to get the final year raise increased to 65.79 day shift, add for eves and gy shifts accordingly.
Good luck to you all on the AIP, just curious to why they cut off at 2022 and didn't use our new extension we got as well...

whatever crappy Medical plans you get currently through UAL

UAL's medical plans are hardly crappy. They're at least on par with or better than what AMR was offering when I left in 2006. Those who want the cheap high deductible plans can get those, and those who want good coverage with little to no out-of-pocket expenses can get that.

Once upon a time, folks here didn't try quite so hard to lobby one way or another on a contract at a company they didn't work for.

Maybe folks like Swampy and Weasel should back off a bit and let those at UAL run the conversation?

Last edited: