UNITED's new colors and website

You are sooooooo missed informed! United's fleet is so outdated and the software in the aircraft are so far behind in updates that some of the fleet will be parked. United aircraft are not even ETOPS, or GPS equipped. Sure you can make a reservation with the speed of light, but getting there on time or at all with that equipment? I'll take the Saftey over reservations anytime!

You are sooooooo missed informed! United's fleet is so outdated and the software in the aircraft are so far behind in updates that some of the fleet will be parked. United aircraft are not even ETOPS, or GPS equipped. Sure you can make a reservation with the speed of light, but getting there on time or at all with that equipment? I'll take the Saftey over reservations anytime!

Wow, that's interesting, how does the 777 fly SFO-CDG, etc... without ETOPS (not to mention the 757, 767, A320 ETOPS flights)? You do know what ETOPS means since you are a pilot?

When did UA remove the GPS?

Come on now, GMAFB... :angry:
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
I find it interesting that United, which is virtually all Continental except for branding, is still held in such disdain
while pre-merger Continental could do no wrong.

How about we call it CONU Airlines.... Continental is a low budget airline at least with United we were up to date with technology... shares = low budget technology created before i was even born! New flight benefits suck plain and simple... companions now have to pay for business class a different rate from coach... on weblist at least it was one set fee! Point is they tried to shove that continental working together garbage down our throats... Now our relationship with upper management isn't like continental but me as a person i rather keep it that way then try and be buddy buddy with them and have them back stab us... You can trust management if you want but after this CEO leaves watch United implement a real UNITED CEO as in one you can't trust... that is all i have to say
I agree.

I still like what I've been calling it for almost a year now: UINO Airlines - United In Name Only

Attachments

• UINO%20Airlines-737-900ER.jpg
    UINO%20Airlines-737-900ER.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 353
Wow, that's interesting, how does the 777 fly SFO-CDG, etc... without ETOPS (not to mention the 757, 767, A320 ETOPS flights)? You do know what ETOPS means since you are a pilot?

When did UA remove the GPS?

Come on now, GMAFB... :angry:
B) xUT
ETOPS and GPS do not mean the same thing. The 777 has GPS and maybe the 320 has it but the rest of the fleet probably not.CAL fleet is much newer.

ETOPS and GPS do not mean the same thing. The 777 has GPS and maybe the 320 has it but the rest of the fleet probably not.CAL fleet is much newer.

Thanks for the obvious.
ETOPS Cert does not require GPS, but of course you and Calpilot know this.
Just because CAL had (had because it's not CAL anymore) newer aircraft doesn't mean they ordered the latest and greatest Avionics package.

Calpilot made an asinine statement, that you apparently agree with.

B) xUT

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks for the obvious.
ETOPS Cert does not require GPS, but of course you and Calpilot know this.
Just because CAL had (had because it's not CAL anymore) newer aircraft doesn't mean they ordered the latest and greatest Avionics package.

Calpilot made an asinine statement, that you apparently agree with.

B) xUT
Sorry facts are just facts. They just have a newer fleet.UAL just didn't. But you know that.

^^^^^^ clueless ^^^^^^ has entered the room :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
I find it interesting that United, which is virtually all Continental except for branding, is still held in such disdain
while pre-merger Continental could do no wrong.

That shows you the power of branding. So many people I have heard or read say, "What do I care what the name is or what color the plane is. They are all the same." I do not think that is true. CO/UA have created a mishmash of branding and clearly the Continental name had more brand equity as far as respect in the public's view. Better to have created a whole new name and image than sending a mixed message.

And America West was a better name and logo. US has one of the worst airline logos in history. Thank you Stephen Wolf, not.

Yeah.... that flag is ugly, but I have to admit that AWA did a great job with that last US Airways paint job. It is definitely not boring. The website also looks good.

UAL could've kept the logo but somehow revamp it a little, along with a new livery and, of course, a functional website that does not give a "sorry, but that link is broken, we apologize," every time you click on something.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts