Unlimted Outsourcing = Amfa

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
AMFA UNLIMITED OUTSOURCING

Northwest Invokes Right To Unlimited, Unrestricted
Subcontracting of Technician and Cleaner Work

Excerpt from the June 17, 2003 letter from Northwest Airlines to AMFA:

To the extent that any of these changes to our operations might place Northwest out of compliance with the subcontracting limits set forth in Article 2(F)3.a., please consider this letter the notice required by Article 2(F)3.c.1. In such case, the Company is invoking the exception language of Article 2(F)3.c. which provided that the subcontracting limits shall not apply in the event of non-compliance is caused by a circumstance over which the company has no control.

In addition, the Company is invoking the exception language of Article 22(A)4. (severance pay), Article11(A)2. (layoff notice), and article 11(E)6. and 11(F) (realignment notice) as a result of circumstances beyond the Company’s control.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Brodin
Sr. Vice President, Labor Relations

Just as we told you, AMFA’s “iron-cladâ€￾ contract language has more holes than a block of Swiss Cheese. AMFA has allowed Northwest to farmout ALL Airframe, Engine and Component, Plant Maintenance, and Ground Operations Cleaner’s work.

Full text of Letter at: www.iam-amt.org

More;

Dave Works at NWA:

Name: Dave Buchanan
Employer: NWA
Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2003
Time: 08:28 PM

Comments
Ok Wake-up and others. Many of you have heard me preach and predict. You know that I was right all along. Even some of the AMFA officers agree. After reading the article in the Pioneer Press today I think that there can be no doubt of the inability from these stooges. Remember after 9/11 and I tried to get the AMFA people involved in a variety of issues? Remember how they failed and even chastised me for suggesting they do? Well now they take shots at the credible people who did participate. If you don't know what I am talking about yet, get off your asses and find a copy of the St. Paul business section. Some AMFA officers are now saying that it is time to get a new union. They tell me that this organization cannot and will not take appropriate action. Although it is very late, there are some things that might be explored. If you boys and girls are serious about finding the proper representation you all know where to find me. Lets get us a real union now.

To read more visit the Discussion Board: http://www.amfanuts.com/bulletinboard.htm

Read Article:

Northwest Air Mechanics: New Layoffs Planned
Wednesday June 18, 11:19 am ET

MINNEAPOLIS (Dow Jones)--Northwest Airlines Corp. plans to eliminate a net of 150 positions due to SARS, according to the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association.

Full Text: http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030618/1119001051_2.html

On and On and On!!!! Currently has more C Checks sent to vendors (3rd Party and Overseas) than worked in-house.

Wow!!! What rock have you been hiding under? Have you heard of the Force Majure cases yet? At least they are fighting it, unlike those poor souls at United where the IAM stated they were "fighting" it yet made a secret agreement to close two maint bases, they did not have to fight the farmout language as they just had to adjust numbers for the "TOTAL maintenance budget" that allowed them to keep withing the 20% of the TOTAL maint budget. It gets even better when you look at how they skewed( I know big word, changed or adjusted in their favor), the numbers by showing that the money coming in from OSV work done by United mechs. goes to United Services(a subsidiary, I know another big word, smaller company owned by the bigger company) BUT the labor and other costs from that very same work comes from the United Maint. budget. Now please again I would ask of you to please go and read about the things you try to speak about. It is a little boring having a battle of wits with an unarmed individual. :unsure:

TWU/AA CONTRACT ARTICLE 1: RECOGNITION AND SCOPE

"IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT NOTHING IN THIS ARTICLE REQUIRES THE MAINTENANCE OF THE PRESENT VOLUME OF WORK. :down: :down:

CIO, that means that AA can do what ever it damn well pleases! :down: :down:

TWU: OUT THE DOOR IN '04! :up: :up: :up: :up:

TonyB said:
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>TWU/AA CONTRACT ARTICLE 1: RECOGNITION AND SCOPE
</span>

"IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT NOTHING IN THIS ARTICLE REQUIRES THE MAINTENANCE OF THE PRESENT VOLUME OF WORK. :down: :down:

CIO, that means that AA can do what ever it damn well pleases! :down: :down:

TWU: OUT THE DOOR IN '04! :up: :up: :up: :up:
It looks like TonyB has the reading comprehension level of a "Shortbus" rider!

Bus rider, I believe you mean bus driver? That is who the TWU represents.

YO buckboy...who is it that amfa reps? What does the ATD mean of TWU/ATD? Hey Buckie...looking for another avenue to travel?

ATD = Aircraft Technician Destruction

coffin1.jpg

Have you noticed when the truth isput out, amfa wantabes attempt to divert attention somewhere else? The grievance filed at NW; The most that could happen, is NW did not exceed the contract limits of unlimited outsourcing? The case is on its 6 month, Oh I forgot a lawyer put it on.

I hate to tell you, word has it the members are the ones going to be screwed!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Have you noticed when the truth isput out, amfa wantabes attempt to divert attention somewhere else? The grievance filed at NW; The most that could happen, is NW did not exceed the contract limits of unlimited outsourcing? The case is on its 6 month, Oh I forgot a lawyer put it on.

I hate to tell you, word has it the members are the ones going to be screwed!!!!!
Hey CIO; Whats happening with our force majeure grievance? You know the one that we have been given date after date for but somehow it keeps getting postponed? Dont tell me it just "went away"?

Oh yeah..Alf stated in Sept. "we'll hear sumptin' in a couple of months"...HAHAHAHA..Feb. is knocking at the door here...still no word..still no Alf...HAHAHAHA

ARTICLE 1 RECOGNITION AND SCOPE.

"IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT NOTHING IN THIS ARTICLE REQUIRES THE MAINTENANCE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME OF WORK"
:down: :down: :down: :down:

Go ahead DAAffy, ridicule, ignore and try to deceive all you want. There's probably a spot for you in HR along with CIO once AMFA gets in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts