Update On The F/a Rally / Dougs Reaction

Twicebaked said:
I am sure that I speak for most of the f/as at US. WE WILLL NOT TAKE ANOTHER PAYCUT. WE WILL NOT MEET HALF WAY. HALFWAY WOULD BE A HUGE PAYCUT FOR US F/AS. There are a few that will do ANYTHING to keep this job, but not the majority. We will not agree to ANY paycut. HP must come up to our payscale.
[post="302717"][/post]​
I doubt our pay will be cut much more. But to say "WE WILL NOT TAKE ANOTHER PAYCUT." sounds a little arrogant to me. I dont want to take a cut but I do want the New Usairways to have long term viability. Most people do not do this job te get rich.

The End said:
Remember he is just another corporate suit. The End
[post="302931"][/post]​

Doug is "not another corporate suit". He will not rob Peter to pay Paul, so don't get your expectations about the new US Airways to high. Good news is he really does care about all of his employees. Get to know people before throwing labels at them. Doug makes himself very excessible to as many employees as possible during company "Town Hall" meetings, and many other public events. Try to make the next town hall with a prepared question and see how he responds. There are several company newsletters printed on weekly and a monthly basis. He understands the importance of communication. He really has mastered communicating company vision to his employees. He has no hidden agendas and is up front and honest. He is also a devout family man and those qualities carry over to how he handles business at AWA. A CEO like Doug doesn't come along that often and we should all hope that he stays with us for a long, long time.

HPGUY said:
For example I believe New hires at US Airways start at around $20 a credit hr. Under the current contract HP New hire start at around $16. So the combined contract you could assume the new hires would make something between those 2 numbers.
[post="302605"][/post]​
I hope you're right about that, but it seems like quite an assumption.

I thought Parker's goal for the merger was to operate the combined entity at AWA's cost structure. So that would mean that each element of the combined contract would contain the cheapest of the two current contracts -- not some sort of hybrid.

I would plan on the lowest common denominators becoming the new contract. They are not merging the two airlines to give anybody raises.

Doug has never had to deal with the "PHL" factor...... This will be an eye-opener for him. I wish him and his crew the best of luck. As for the HP reservation agents that start receiving calls for itineraries that include PHL, go ahead and up your "Prozac" and get a new prescription as you are going to need it.

Twicebaked said:
I am sure that I speak for most of the f/as at US. WE WILLL NOT TAKE ANOTHER PAYCUT. WE WILL NOT MEET HALF WAY. HALFWAY WOULD BE A HUGE PAYCUT FOR US F/AS. There are a few that will do ANYTHING to keep this job, but not the majority. We will not agree to ANY paycut. HP must come up to our payscale.
[post="302717"][/post]​

I doubt current employees pay scales will be lowered. I was using new hire pay rates as example for the previous question. Though time tables for increases will no doubt have to be altered to bring the pay scales together.