Update

I can see the IAM having a complaint about that. As has been posted several times, it is the unions responsibility to represent these people. Regardless of guilt.

Yes, its a violation of the contract. Members have the right to representataion in anything that could result in termination.

If the company has a right to deny passengers access to the aircraft, then they have the right to deny personnel from US Airways property.

Sure, but they have to have "Just Cause". If you are saying that they have the right to deny the union from conducting an investigation then you are wrong. If the company removed these people from the property and stopped paying them without allowing them representation or allowing the union to conduct an investigation they will lose the arbitration and since those removed are representatives and there is an election going on the company may be sued and in violation of federal labor laws. Such a lawsuit is in the works over at AA where the company fired union representatives during an election and denied the accused access to company property. Oddly enough the TWU International was complicit in the termination of these officers because some were on an opposing ticket at the Convention that preceeded the terminations.

The TWU has already settled one of the lawsuits brought against it by one of the individuals terminated and as part of the setlement demanded a gag order on the dollar amount of the settlement which could be several hundred thousand dollars-(Thats where a lot of TWU dues go-settling lawsuits brought on by the dirty deals of the International against their own members).

This did not stop the IAM representatives from conducting investigations, it just stopped them from conducting them on US Airways property.

Then it stopped the investigation. Thats like saying the police should not be able to search a murderers home because the murder was committed somewhere else.

...and that makes everything right? If I commit a crime in England, does that still make me a good American citizen?

It might, it depends on what crime was committed and when. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin were all traiters in England but Patriots here. Those who saved Jews were traitors in Nazi Germany but Heros to decent human beings everywhere else.

I still think the company did the right thing. Granted they should have let these folks be represented by their union. I can imagine that the media will have a field day with this though. Enjoy boys and girls.

Like I mentioned before, interferance by the company in a union election is a serious thing. When AA and the TWU International interfered in the election of TWU Local 501 it resulted in a lawsuit that both the TWU and AA are dragging out as long as they can, but in the end they both will pay. The TWU has already paid.

By denying these people due process and removing their representatives from the property USAIR is showing that they favor the TWU. Its not very suprising, I wouldnt be suprised if it was revealed that Jim Little and the TWU legal team met with USAIR management with a strategy to exploit something that would normally be settled between two unions. The sad fact is that even if USAIR were found guilty in court of violating these workers rights, proving that they conspired to get the TWU in place through these actions would be much harder to prove due to the fact that the actions at the Hotel opened the door. In the meantime the case could take years to brought to trial and the TWU could end up collecting millions in dues and USAIR would enjoy the benifits of having the company friendly TWU blocking true union representation to its employees. Such is the case with TWU Local 501.

When the TWU conspired with the company to eliminate these political rivals it showed the International for what it was. The incident happened nearly five years ago and they just settled with Jack Sullivan, one of the terminated officers, last week. Sure you can sue and you might win but its a long drawn out process that involves a lot of hardship along the way, 99 percent of the people do not want to risk or endure it so they just dont challenge the Interbnational.

So for five years the TWU eliminated these political rivals. The action also has the effect of supressing anyone else from challenging the International, (at the next Convention the International went unopposed- so it was worth every dime of the members money for these crooks).To challenge the International means putting not only your union position at risk, but also your job. Sure in the end it may cost the International a bundle of money but its the dues payers money, not theirs. (. They still retain power and it costs them nothing out of their pockets. The International committs the crime, drags out the case for years and eventually settles, the members pay, and the gag orders prevent the members from ever even learning about it. It also prevents the courts from hearing about it and it allows the International to contunue to suppress their members rights without creating clearly visable record. In the meantime these crooks like Jim Little continue to lie and mislead not only their members but also potential members.

The TWU is not a Democratic union.

Rojer Toussaint, current head of Local 100 was once terminated in a TWU/MTA conspircay to eliminate him. Hence the bad blood that exists between them and the International till this day. The International screwed Local 100 during the last two contract cycles, both times siding with management. The International has worked very hard at trying to get rid of Rojer. They ousted Rojers political allies in the ATD, Jack Sullivan, Dave Virella, Chuck Schalk and myself included, and have spread malicous lies about Rojer and other leaders of Local 100 to the other TWU Locals which include the claim that Rojer is a "friend of Bin Laden"-from an International pamphlet placed at every delegates seat at the 2001 Convention, just weeks after the 9-11 attacks, a Communist, anti-American, and a radical who wants to destroy the TWU etc.

So to the workers of USAIR I give you these words of caution, as the management of USAIR and the TWU take action against the IAM, without commenting one way or the other on what went on at that Hotel or who was responsible, ask yourselves if the TWU is really what you want from a union. The black eyes that the IAM gave these TWU reps will heal a lot faster than the wounds that the TWU has and will inflict upon your livelyhoods.

altercation instigated by representatives of the Transport Workers Union

I recognize without unions most companies will run roughshod over large employee groups but this detached mentality is beyond repair.

The lawsuit is laughable, even more so is the spin you IAM suporters are putting on this. Thanks for the laughs, keep them coming!

Owens you sound like one of the POS's that signed off on this
Signed off on what?

The fact is the TWU is making a big deal out of this. Over the years there have been several incidences where current TWU officials have assaulted members or other officials in the TWU but they let it slide, they buried it, but now they are making a big deal over it.

In one incident poltical rivals were involved and the TWU pushed for termination until the other side revealed the existance of a videotape that showed the Internationals favored official as the antagonist and the first one to strike the other. Then all of a sudden it became an internal union matter and the company-AA, dropped it.

In another incident a Local President allowed an International officer to stay at his home. The officer took advantage of the Presidents hospitality by sleeping with the Presidents live in girlfriend who sold insurance. The ensueing pillow talk resulted in that International official using his influence to give that girl the Internationals insurance accounts.

In yet another incident two reportedly drunken TWU officials took cracks at each other at a Convention.

So its not as if these things never happen within the TWU, why they would hypocritically act "shocked at the brutality, the likes of which we have not seen in 50 years" is easy to see through.

Nope. Its not a stretch to question that union reps traveling to a rivals rally are not there for the punch. No pun intended!
The fact is you are passing judgement without knowing the facts.

The IAM was required to defend them to a reasonable level - this is well beyond that level so yes I would be done with this scum.
a reknowned bargaining unit member of IBT publically reveals here that he would in fact deny union represented members due process as guaranteed by RLA and negotiated contracts due to personal prejudice. :lol:

POS COMES TO MIND :lol:

standard procedure for a union in this case and you know it. :down:

a reknowned bargaining unit member of IBT publically reveals here that he would in fact deny union represented members due process as guaranteed by RLA and negotiated contracts due to personal prejudice. :lol:

POS COMES TO MIND :lol:

standard procedure for a union in this case and you know it. :down:

Funny but he never referred to me as a POS when I endorse the IBT over the IAM, I just cant see someone choosing to go from the IAM to the TWU. Thats like going from bad to worse.

Just goes to show that no matter the organization there are bound to be a few A$$4013$ in it.

Like I said the TWU is making a big deal over something that is not uncommon within the TWU. Now those who have allied with the TWU in this battle with the IAM are going as far as saying that the IAM should not even represent these people? That guy sure isnt an assett to the IAM, take off the "ett" and it pretty much covers what he is.

The fact is you are passing judgement without knowing the facts.

The fact is that a union -any union- concerned with, or engaging in, or even justifying this as part of doing business is beyond stupid. If your paycheck money and membership recources going towards this doesn't bother you then organized labor still has a way to go to hit bottom.

Hell, motion to increase dues then. Help these brothers in need and just label me pro-company. Or pro-other union...

Where you there?
It is obvious correct spelling was not. Or should I says knot? :D

Seriously though IAM, TWU, wahtever. You get caught in an altercation in which you represent the company or its employees, don't expect to keep your job. If DP punched a member you can bet he would know to resign immediately. By outright making thugs into martyrs the IAM makes it clear that they are so narrow minded that they will stop at nothing regardless of what common decency and their own membership know to be right.

What's next for their argument?

They made us beat them up! Entrapment!

:rolleyes:
so i suppose if this were IBT personell you'd turn your backs on them??
If anyone, regardless of union or non-union affiliation, is stupid enough to physically attack someone, while in company uniform, supposedly on company time, captured on hotel security camera, identified by company HR personnel (from what I heard) I would turn my back on them. Ignorant people can be educated, stupid people are beyond help, clean the gene pool.

funny...still no charges filed..... :shock:

if it was a slam dunk, charges would have been filed and a

court date would have been set.

could it be authorized union activity under the

federal statutes? :eek:

Its good to see that the IAM has no concept of shame, therefore reinforcing the union image of no neck goons.

Screw em, these slobs should be in prison.

Those poor 22 IAM guys, they were just trying to stop having their fists assaulted by the faces of the 5 TWU guys.

Yeah.....that's the ticket, vote for IAM and no one gets hurt. :down:

Its good to see that the IAM has no concept of shame, therefore reinforcing the union image of no neck goons.

Screw em, these slobs should be in prison.
Those poor 22 IAM guys, they were just trying to stop having their fists assaulted by the faces of the 5 TWU guys.
Yeah.....that's the ticket, vote for IAM and no one gets hurt. :down:
what happened inside that room is all hearsay.cameras weren't inside the room...so now theres two sides to the story.
doesn't look like leaning on anyone has yet produced any rat's to shed light on the dilema.
must be a heavy burden of proof on the legal system then,i'd say.

until theres facts,its all speculation...

Back