Update

The Railway Labor Act, ensures the company does not hinder, impeded nor block the union from investigating a grievance.

what is there to be hindered, the incident happend, they were terminated, look at the contract and determine if it was followed correctly. if not then file, if it was, then SOL. what is there to be investigated???

There are numerous cases of members being terminated for fighting then coming back to work.

The last one I remember was several months back two mechanics in ORF got into a fight, one was terminated and the IAM got him his job back at the third step hearing.

The company conducts its own investigation as does the union, under the RLA the company cannot block or hinder the union's investigation.

And it is DUE.

You must have dues (payable to the union for example) on your mind.
QUOTE(700UW @ Mar 24 2006, 07:25 AM)

The company is obstructing an investigation, which by law they cannot due.

I think you mean do, not due, or is it dew??

due ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d, dy)
adj.
Payable immediately or on demand.
Owed as a debt; owing: the amount still due.
In accord with right, convention, or courtesy; appropriate: due esteem; all due respect.
Meeting special requirements; sufficient: We have due cause to honor them.

Expected or scheduled, especially appointed to arrive: Their plane is due in 15 minutes.
Expected to give birth.

Anticipated; looked for: a long due promotion.
Expecting or ready for something as part of a normal course or sequence: We're due for some rain. This batter is due for another hit.
Capable of being attributed. See Usage Note at due to.

n.
Something owed or deserved: You finally received your due.
dues A charge or fee for membership, as in a club or organization.

do ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d)
v. did, (dd) done, (dn) do·ing, does (dz)
v. tr.

To perform or execute: do one's assigned task; do a series of business deals.
To fulfill the requirements of: did my duty at all times.
To carry out; commit: a crime that had been done on purpose.

To produce, especially by creative effort: do a play on Broadway.
To play the part or role of in a creative production: did Elizabeth I in the film.
To mimic: “doing the Southern voice, improvising it inventively as he goes alongâ€￾ (William H. Pritchard).

To bring about; effect: Crying won't do any good now.
To render; give: do equal justice to the opposing sides; do honor to one's family.
To put forth; exert: Do the best you can.

Enough of the lesson for today.

Seriously, this incident involved 22 employees.....not 2 or 3. The scale is much larger. AND this is an issue between competing unions for the representation of US Airways employees. FFS!!

Gee since you are not in PHL, nor an IAM member how do you know what is going on?

I spoke to someone involved in the investigation and the company is not cooperating as they have to per the law.

The IAM is not the bad guy the inviduals involved are, with your logic and way of thinking then all ibt members are in the mafia?
So are you stalking me 7? You don't know were I am or what I have been doing. All you can do is guess....7.

ROFL.......You spoke to someone involved in the investigation? Who was that? Fred? We are all involved in the investigation 7. I am sure that anyone in the IAM would say that the company is not letting the investigation go forward.....LOL......the individuals are part of the IAM....the IAM is the bad guy also. Yes, they were working. They may not of been "clocked" in but they were there to represent the IAM....period. :)

:eek:ff:

since when is this an english lesson?

How about an AGC from District 141?

I think he knows a lot more than you since he is involved and you are not.

Like I said, then with your logic (lack of) all ibt members are in the mafia then.

since when is this an english lesson?

You have spent your time correcting posters on this board 7. So stop complaining when someone "helps" you out. Oh....you use a capital letter when you are referencing the English language.

I apologise to the other posters for this interruption. Sorry. :)

You have spent your time correcting posters on this board 7. So stop complaining when someone "helps" you out. Oh....you use a capital letter when you are referencing the English language.

I apologise to the other posters for this interruption. Sorry. :)
No apology necessary Gonzo. It's quite alright. Some like to dish it out but can't take it back. :D :up:

Question: Why did it take the IAM so long to file this lawsuit?

I have heard that the IAM filed that all of the cards signed were fraudulent and now the NMB has to verify with those that signed to see if they really did sign
Again, who is slowing down this election???

Where is it we can confirm that the 57 heavies are on the way back???

I also hear there are multiple protest filed by the IAM...
& why don't you invite randy on here to defend himself???

The NMB always verifies signatures.

The 757s are in PIT, call PIT MTC.

Randy does not represent me, you call him if you want to know why.

Go ask Randy Canale.
You are too funny. :mf_boff: Go ask Randy Canale. Like he would answer. Should I attempt the same route that was tried to get IAM membership information?? And you know exactly what I'm referring to, don't you??

You appear to be the IAM spokesperson so.........let's have some answers. And if you don't know, admit it. It's not going to hurt you........not for long anyway.

I am not a fleet service nor a member of DL 141 so I do not have any dealings with Randy Canale.

Since you are high up in the mtc chain, why don't you go over and ask Hal.

I am not a fleet service nor a member of DL 141 so I do not have any dealings with Randy Canale.

Since you are high up in the mtc chain, why don't you go over and ask Hal.
Well then..........why do you tell me to ask him?? Why would you send me to someone who you have no dealings with?? If you have no dealings with this man, how do you know whether or not he could answer the question?? Just another game of 700UW's dodgeball.

I said that you appear to be the IAM spokesperson since you speak about EVERY group and EVERY issue.

Do tell...........just where exactly do you perceive me to be in the maintenance chain?? Something you need to understand, you are NOT on the west side, you are NOT an America West employee, you do NOT know me, you do NOT know who I do know or who I don't know.

Not sure how good your memory is or if you're just having trouble keeping track of your twists and turns......but you're telling me to ask management.......you freaked because you think I believed management. You just don't make much sense. Which way is it with you??

If you can't answer a question, admit you don't know. You may gain some respect from people if you do.

Back to the questions...........

time.jpg

edited by moderator So one has to wonder what kind of person wastes so much of their life debating on this site. Are you just a lonely person with no companion? The outcome will have no effect on you whatsoever. Maybe you didn't make the debate team in high school, so this is making up for lost times. :D Im just CONFUSED again I guess. :shock:

The Railway Labor Act, ensures the company does not hinder, impeded nor block the union from investigating a grievance.
Under normal conditions the IAM would be able to investigate grievances AND AGAIN YOU DON'T COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES. "P" a STEWARD would/should not compromise his position by breaking any of the rules in your contract or the company employee handbook. The company is not keep the union from investigate grievances only the person/persons that were involved in PHL. HE/SHE/THEY brought this on them selfs.
WHY do you try and make the company out as the bad guy when it is IAM steward that is at fault for breaking the rules and getting caught?

Under normal conditions the IAM would be able to investigate grievances AND AGAIN YOU DON'T COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES. "P" a STEWARD would/should not compromise his position by breaking any of the rules in your contract or the company employee handbook. The company is not keep the union from investigate grievances only the person/persons that were involved in PHL. HE/SHE/THEY brought this on them selfs.
WHY do you try and make the company out as the bad guy when it is IAM steward that is at fault for breaking the rules and getting caught?

because in this country and this legal system(not like this board) we are innocent until proven guilty.

you were not there as was most all if any on this board.