Us Air Weighs Extra Measures To Help Finances

Michael:

Michael said: "I would doubt ALPA would support letting the E-170 be flown at the regionals."

USA320Pilot says: I understand it's being discussed by the US Airways ALPA MEC today. Furthermore, the flying could go to J4J affiliate carriers like TSA, Chautaqua, & Mesa with a 50-50 pilot J4J split, if the scope relief is approved by ALPA.

Do I like it? No, but I understand the need to meet ATSB and GECAS requirements. The thought appears to be to keep the revenue within US Airways Group, help United emerge from bankruptcy so the business partners can merge to create one business entity, and transfer the financing to permit the company to add A320 mainline aircraft to the fleet (if they are delivered), to average down unit costs.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Just one more point...this week the board could elect to sell non-core airline assets. The capital raised would be used to pay down the federal loan guarantee debt and reduce ATSB EBITDAR requirements.

This would give the company federal loan guarantee covenant breathing room. Moreover, I understand there have been recent discussions with the ATSB on how to complete this type of transaction and thus obtain the relief.

As part of the discussions the ATSB has been briefed on the "transformation plan", which will require labor participation, and is considering relaxing the 3rd quarter EBITDAR requirements -- since the debt could be reduced and the government would have less exposure/risk.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320PILOT-what kind of reaction will your senior management official let go when 3rd circuit says its IAM work?will it be like the horse in the bud commercial?
this decision should have monumental impact to the best laid plans of mice and men wouldn't you agree...and please remember that myself and my other esteemed colleagues all have toolboxes with wheels.
we're alot like paladin - have tools,will travel

Delldude:

I have said all along that I believe it's in the IAM's best interests to reach a cost- effective accord with the company on a way to keep the A320 overhaul in-house.

I understand that if the company and the union do not agree on the A320 heavy maintenance issue and new work rules, then the company has the legal right due to the current CBA language to implement a new maintenance plan. I have been told by reliable sources that this plan will lower unit costs and cause significant IAM-M and individual mechanic pain.

By the way, I understand that not all of our current mechanics will be able be like "Paladin - have tools,will travel", as you have indicated.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Delldude:

I have said all along that I believe it's in the IAM's best interests to reach a cost effective accord with the company on a way to keep the A320 overhaul in-house.

I understand that if the company and the union do not agree on the A320 heavy maintenance issue and new work rules, then the company has the legal right due to the current CBA language to implement a new maintenance plan. I have been told by reliable sources that this plan will lower unit costs and cause significant IAM-M and individual mechanic pain.

By the way, I understand that not all of our current mechanics will be able be like "Paladin - have tools,will travel", as you have indicated.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
well why don't you quote specific language instead of this continual inference?
go to the hub,hit divisions,open up labor relations and you can view all contracts... :down:

Here we go again with more of your false statements. How many times does it take for you to repeat your false information so you believe it is the truth?

You have no, none, zilch credibility when you keep posting false information.

How can an adult male not accept the fact that he knows nothing about what he posts and when prooved wrong why can't he accept it?

You have been asked numerous times to provide FACTS about your wrong information, and every time you choose to ignore it and keep posting blatant false information.

I AM GONNA ASK YOU ONCE AGAIN, WHAT IN MY CONTRACT CAN THE COMPANY INVOKE TO MAKE OUR LIVES WORSE?

Apparently you and the company can't understand what three FEDERAL COURTS decisions have decided about my contract.

Come on man, lets hear FACTS not your constant untruths!

You need to accept the fact you don't know everything as numerous posters on this board have debuted your posts over and over again and you still can't accept the fact you are wrong.

USA320PILOT-i want you to put your cards on the table right here and right now...what in the mechanic contract are you infering to?

We are waiting for the facts A320?

Oh, wait he is on the phone, this is the conversation:

calling Dave and Jerry, asking "what should I post now? They are using facts against me? I dont know what to do!"

700UW said:

calling Dave and Jerry, asking "what should I post now? They are using facts against me? I dont know what to do!"
I think his words were " i believe" and "told by" what facts do you need ! ?

He has been posting this diatribe for over a week, he has said the company will in previous posts, he has been asked, called out and questioned to provide the board with facts and not his untruths.

If he makes a statement he needs to back up his information, instead he chooses to ignore because he is 100% wrong as usual.

I have posted all I know, which is what I always do.

Regardless, if I were an IAM member I would look to find a "win-win" accord with the company. The situation is not going to directly effect me, but it will the mechanics. Personally, I would not wait for the court's ruling because of the risk -- but that's for the attorney's to decide.

If the company fails, what good is that for the union members? Remember. It’s always better to look for another job while you still have a job. In my case, I have taken steps during the past year to protect my family.

Regardless, this thread has been highjack by IAM members and should be focusing on "Us Air Weighs Extra Measures To Help Finances."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

usfliboi said:
700UW said:

I think his words were " i believe" and "told by" what facts do you need ! ?
speculation and heresay is what its called...you make an inference...post the facts supporting it.no more no less.
just the facts ma'am...

So does your lack of a real answer once again, mean you don't know a darn thing about the IAM Mechanic and Related contract?

Don't post wrong information and then fail to back it up when called out.

Your credibility is gone. Dave or Jerry not answer the phone to tell you what to post?

And you are the one who posted about the IAM mechanic and related contract, not Dell or myself.

If you can't stand the heat, I suggest you get out of the kitchen.

Why can't you just admit you are wrong and accept that fact like most grown people would?

USA320Pilot said:
I have posted all I know, which is what I always do.

Regardless, this thread has been highjack by IAM members and should be focusing on "Us Air Weighs Extra Measures To Help Finances."

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
i'd suggest you read up on the contract you claim to know so much about.
watch how you use that word hi-jack...hope you aren't in the ready room...
this thread has turned around as to your credibilty....and it ain't nuthin'.

Back