US Airways 757 Envoy much better seat than Delta 757 BizElite seat

az_wild727

Senior
Sep 13, 2005
PHX
First time ever posting pics on a forum. Sorry if I screwed it up. I should also warn 56K users although the files are not THAT big. (about 600kb and 700kb respectively)

This is regarding seat only.

DL 757 t/a Biz Elite: (from http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6073401)

68969_1190769562.jpg

vs.

US Airways 757 Envoy seat:(from http://www.biatphotography.com/ft-misc/_SNH7166_crop.JPG)

_SNH7166_crop.JPG

I don't believe that is DLs TA product; I thought DLs new TA 757s were going to have 16J seats. This is most likely their domestic F product, so I would hope Envoy is better!

While those pics are great and fabulous don't you think it's a little deceiving and misleading to post those comparisons? That Delta aircraft does NOT go to Europe. A more accurate comparison would be to post pics of our DOMESTIC 757 pics with our incredible eight yes "8" seats. Why not post our Envoy "thrown in" seats to compare with their Int'l seats. :rolleyes:

The DL photo has different seats from a normal DL 757 First Class Seat as this is a recently aquired ex TWA/AA bird. The seats where simply re-ulphustored in leather with DL's look. Initial DL 757 TA flying will be sold I understand as one class with the F seats for upgrades, similiar to what US did the first year of 757 TA flying. When DL does start two class 757 TA service it will be with new Biz-Elite seats.

Regards

LGA777

As was stated above, the picture above is a Delta 757 Domestic First Class product. 24 of them to be exact, as the 8 that US Airways offers on their 757's is clearly too few. Once Delta converts our Transatlantic 757's over to BusinessElite, we will offer 16 seats. Our current BusinessElite product is comparable to the new improved Envoy Class US Airways will be unveiling on their 767-200's, ie 60" of pitch, 160 degrees of recline, digital in-flight entertainment. However, our new Business Suite,which is truly flat, will be unveiled with the delivery of our first 777LR in March.

Current Delta BusinessElite,

And our new Business Suite,

Ohhh PLEASE someone post a pic of our current 757 domestic seat. The whole EIGHT we had for the first year of seasonal service with our 757's to Europe. :lol: :rolleyes:

Ohhh PLEASE someone post a pic of our current 757 domestic seat. The whole EIGHT we had for the first year of seasonal service with our 757's to Europe. :lol: :rolleyes:

I've scoured all over the internet for pics of US Airways 757 First Class with 8 seats and found nothing. I guess when you court the ma and pa kettles of the world, there isn't much demand for a premium product.

It boggles my mind though, how the Hell can US Airways manage 11 first class seats on an Embraer 190, yet only manage to outfit a 757, one of the most capable aircraft, with 8???

Your guess is as good as mine. That is a product of the old management. At the time they said it was due to the leisure destinations we fly to. Ya know like vegas and the million dollar condos we advertise in our world class magazine. :lol: Taking the 757 to 8 seats was a drastic cut and totally unnecessary.

It boggles my mind though, how the Hell can US Airways manage 11 first class seats on an Embraer 190, yet only manage to outfit a 757, one of the most capable aircraft, with 8???

The 11 seats is because there are only a couple of choices to keep the seat count under 100- 96/97 seats with super generous pitch, or the 11/88 (99) they went with. They did not want to have more than 100 or they would have to have a third F/A.

So in other words, being cheap.

Well it didn't stop them from selling those seats for next year and I doubt they will go from the 22F to any kind of J by April of '08.

And that is indeed one of the t/a birds because it has a TW registration and has the winglets.

Well it didn't stop them from selling those seats for next year and I doubt they will go from the 22F to any kind of J by April of '08.

And that is indeed one of the t/a birds because it has a TW registration and has the winglets.

Sorry my friend, you are wrong again. It is in fact one of the 13 ex-TWA birds that Delta will be using for the Transatlantic nonstops from JFK to Western Europe. However, since these aircraft haven't been configured with the BusinessElite seats yet, they are being sold as all-coach, and Medallion members are being offered complimentary upgrades to "first" class seats. Therefore, first class domestic seats aren't being sold as J class Business seats to anybody I'm unsure when the switch to BusinessElite configuration will be completed for the 757's. Somebody on another board said the goal was by first quarter of '08.

As a side note, here is a Delta 767-400ER that has had the recent International upgrade in coach, which includes new seats and AVOD PTV's. The new slimline seats will allow Delta to add more seats to the aircraft, yet at the same time, will allow for more space when the passenger in front of you reclines. Pretty nice... [http://photo.xanga.com/panpan70/2e637143394851/photo.html[/url]

As a side note, here is a Delta 767-400ER that has had the recent International upgrade in coach, which includes new seats and AVOD PTV's. The new slimline seats will allow Delta to add more seats to the aircraft, yet at the same time, will allow for more space when the passenger in front of you reclines. Pretty nice... [http://photo.xanga.com/panpan70/2e637143394851/photo.html[/url]
I think I want to go work for Delta.

I've scoured all over the internet for pics of US Airways 757 First Class with 8 seats and found nothing. I guess when you court the ma and pa kettles of the world, there isn't much demand for a premium product.

As a CP (soon to be former CP as next year I doubt I'll earn even one mile on US), I've proudly avoided US B752s for over 2 years now. I would fly WN PVD-LAS before I'd get on a ridiculous US B752....even in F.

Crews are great, airplanes suck...and of course, Sand Castle Stupidity will dictate that "this is a result of the old US Airways and their poor financial condition"...........all the while having been able to destroy the proud airbus fleet VERY quickly and strip whatever amenities the airline had even faster.

Industry Standard* on B752 and B753 is 24 seats.

Then of course there are the non-functioning aspects of the ETOPS B752s....its all really something out of a comedy show. LOL

*US has it's own awful "industry standard." 8 pi$$ poor seats with little pitch.

I thought those pictures looked like a 75 from TWA. I flew on a AA (exTWA) 757 last week that was so uncomfortable--and this was in first class. AA is getting rid of their last two soon. I happened to luck out and sit on one of them. The only thing that made the flight a little bearable was the full breakfast service from LAS-DFW. The service was more than US offers LAS-PHL.

Back