US Airways/American

Nov 14, 2012
NJ
Hi, everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew if and when US Airways/American would be hiring Customer Service Agents in PHL? I've been checking the website for a while now and they seem to be hiring only Customer Assistant Representatives. I believe its been about a year and a half, or so since they put any CSA Positions online for PHL. Anyone know the reason or has any info, it would be greatly appreciated. 

this is just a guess  but id imagine the reason they have had it on hold is due to the merger   not sure how long it will be before they repost it  if they do   they have a lot of ironing out to do as well as settling deals now too so theres more than a plate full they have to deal with

I figured that much, I was told by a fellow co-worker to keep an eye out because they would put some positions up soon. I guess it weird to me that the other cities have been firing for this positons besides PHL, lol. It's like I can't win :)

When the combined passenger service group at AA/US has a union vote the outcome of the vote will have a huge impact on hiring practice. The non-union American Airlines agent group uses vendors and outsources the Passenger Service work at enormity levels. USAirways Passenger Service Group is unionize and has a contract that disallow vendors and outsourcing

Reactions: 2 people
What will you think the voting outcome will be and what kind of effect do you think it will have. Unfortunately I was told I wasn't in the union when I was working there. I'm just confused how the other major hubs hired for CSA's except PHL.

700UW said:
He was terminated cause of an issue with his background check.

Res Judicata was deep sixed twice by the FBI and CIA personality profilers.  Yet he was snapped up by the AWA HR pilot screening process.  

Go figure.

There's no justice.

Reactions: 1 person
john john said:
When the combined passenger service group at AA/US has a union vote the outcome of the vote will have a huge impact on hiring practice. The non-union American Airlines agent group uses vendors and outsources the Passenger Service work at enormity levels. USAirways Passenger Service Group is unionize and has a contract that disallow vendors and outsourcing
Assuming you retain representation, the sAA agents are unorganized and some like it that way.

Josh

I remember a time AA had a CSA position up I applied and then they suddenly took the position off the site before the merger.

Kidxlyricxmcfly said:
Hi, everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew if and when US Airways/American would be hiring Customer Service Agents in PHL? I've been checking the website for a while now and they seem to be hiring only Customer Assistant Representatives. I believe its been about a year and a half, or so since they put any CSA Positions online for PHL. Anyone know the reason or has any info, it would be greatly appreciated. 
the practice over the past couple of years has been to upgrade the CAR (customer assistance representative) to a CSA (customer service agent) as spots open. So if you are hired locally, you are hired as a CAR first.

Yes, a friend /co-worked told me that also that they upgraded a lot of ppl that were CAR's into CSA's, I wonder why it's like that now? To save money? I'm curious....