US Airways CEO receives $14.4M from pay, stock options

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways CEO receives $14.4M from pay, stock options

By staff and wire reports
Tuesday, April 17, 2007

US Airways CEO Doug Parker received nearly $5.4 million in cash and securities compensation in 2006, according to the airline's proxy statement filed Monday. In addition, Parker reaped $9 million last year from exercising stock options for total pay of about $14.4 million. He and other executives benefited from a 45 percent run-up in US Airways' stock last year, when the company posted operating profit of $507 million. The airline recently distributed $59 million of that amount to employees. Parker, 45, said in a message to workers yesterday that his 2006 salary of $550,000 has not changed since 2001, when he became CEO of US Airways' predecessor American West Airlines. The rest of his pay is "at risk" compensation that depends on the company hitting performance benchmarks. Parker got no bonus last year or in 2005. He received almost $11.6 million in 2005, including securities and money from exercising stock options.

Hmm...not bad for a CEO who admits to running a "sub-standard airline".

Remember about a year ago...when the media hailed Doug Parker as the second coming of the Messiah for "saving" two troubled airlines (US and HP).

Since then, he has: alienated frequent fliers, installed an archaic and flawed system in Shares, stalled in merging contracts, instilled the lowest employee morale in the industry, chased an airline that didn't want him involved (DL and can you blame them?), employed a bunch of foolhardy management-types that know nothing of running an airline and cannot adequately answer the simplest of questions (the CLT employee meeting debacle), devalued whatever good the old US brought to the table, got drunk, got a DUI and embarassed himself and everyone that works for the company.

Wow. Great job Doug. I wonder what the media thinks now...

This coming from a guy who said: "We are not looking to be the highest paid airline."

If I were the unions, I'd do everything possible to work exactly to rule and punish these guys in contract negotiations until either some of the BK losses are recovered or DoUgIe gives the money back. Really.

it's time to just do your JOB..............

It won't take much we are so short staffed all it would take is a little push and over the edge it goes.

it's time to just do your JOB..............

It won't take much we are so short staffed all it would take is a little push and over the edge it goes.
Management and other work groups will step in and give a HELPING HAND and save the day…

Since then, he has: alienated frequent fliers, installed an archaic and flawed system in Shares, stalled in merging contracts, instilled the lowest employee morale in the industry, chased an airline that didn't want him involved (DL and can you blame them?), employed a bunch of foolhardy management-types that know nothing of running an airline and cannot adequately answer the simplest of questions (the CLT employee meeting debacle), devalued whatever good the old US brought to the table, got drunk, got a DUI and embarassed himself and everyone that works for the company.

Wow. Great job Doug. I wonder what the media thinks now...
[/quote]

WANT SEIGEL BACK?????

I know what's gonna hgappen:

Dougie comes up with an increase of 5% for all employees....then the heats off and everyone will sadly go about their lives feeling like you got something. :up:

In reality....YOUR STILL 18% SHORT in just getting back even. :eek:

SL

Speaking on behalf of the employees i think all we care about is to be able to put food on our tables for our families and be able to do our jobs correctly at work (given the tools).
We have neither and work in "sweatshops" day in and day out.
Doogie, are you listening?
Mule, are you listening ?
Kirby are you listening ?
Bonnano are you listening ?

Keep your GD money, for all its worth but go to bed at night with a clear consience that you have done whatever you could for your employees and passengers to get the money you have received !