US Airways Credit Union (The new one)

HP CSR PHX,
That is a tremendous help. Thanks for the info. :up:
Too bad none of those branches or ATMs are anywhere near me. :rant:

You can Thank Continental Airlines for the great Credit Union we have on the West and elsewhere!! Previous AWA and US Airways Credit Union are operated by CO Credit Union. America West Airlines codeshare back in the day with CO had a lot to do with this partnership. I only wish CO Airlines would of merged with US AWA folks bk in the 90's TOO!! :ph34r:
But HEY!! We are US Airways NOW, so finally a BIG 6!! Not bad eh?? :lol: :up:

The "new" credit union to the East is indeed the CO Credit Union. I for one am not all that thrilled with them especially when it comes to their car loans and rates. Interest rates have been dropping to new record lows, yet theirs have remained the same for months on end. I applied for a used car loan, and was quoted an interest rate. The car that I was looking at sold before I was able to act on it, so I had to hold off until I located another one that I wanted. Since it was over 30 days, I had to re-apply for another loan with them. No big deal in itself, but apparently they decided to calculate their rates in a different manor resulting in a 2% higer rate than I had just over a month ago. Keep in mind that nothing with my credit score had anything to do with this at all, and nothing else had changed on my end either. Needless to say, I financed a USED car thru the dealer at a better rate than I was quoted the first time I applied with the Credit Union. To me that is a sad state of affairs for an organization that is SUPPOSED to be for the membership's benefit. To me there is no big advantage with them over any other lending organization at all. Payroll deduction and some fancy checks with an airplane printed on them is about where it all ends. :down:

I've used the Piedmont Aviation Credit Union (PACU) for over 30 years and have been very satisfied. They are located on the second story atrium in the main terminal in CLT and at the old terminal.
(They financed my flying lessons when I was a station agent.)

Back