US Airways Flight Attendant Celebrates Golden Anniversary With 50 Years of Service

You mean Carol! She WAS a trip. Not sure if she retired or not. I think Aladdin Tray girl might know....

Carol has retired. We all miss her big glasses and gallon big culp of sweet tea she lugged around.

Betty is proof that you can still look good and be professional even with 50 years. She should be an inspiration to all of us. Congrats, Bette!

Exactly. She is a great flight attendant and actually looks like one- she needs to straighten out those "juniors" taking up space at Shady Pines in PHL.

50 years........Thats incredible.......Career employees like her is what will make an an ordinary airline a great airline.

June Kay wears glasses?
Nope... June K does not wear glasses...

Go Betty....... I will see you at your reception....

You are a breath of fresh air.....

we need to see another 50 years out of you at least!!

Nope... June K does not wear glasses...

Go Betty....... I will see you at your reception....

You are a breath of fresh air.....

we need to see another 50 years out of you at least!!
I had at least a 20 minute conversation with June today. She DOES indeed wear glasses!
Anywho...helped get ready for the party today. It is going to be very special. Bette is most deserving of this!

US Airways Flight Attendant Celebrates Golden Anniversary With 50 Years of Service

TEMPE, Ariz., Nov. 1 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC - News) flight attendant Bette Nash celebrates 50 years of dedicated service with the airline today with a flight between Indianapolis and Washington, D.C. Ms. Nash has the distinction of being the most tenured flight attendant at US Airways with a hire date of Nov. 4, 1957.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071101/lath028.html?.v=101

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations :up:

If anyone attends the festitivites today, please post some pics! I heard she loaned In-Flight all of her old uniform pieces that are on display in DCA, too. Also, she has worked the Shuttle so much, she apparently is on a first name basis with a lot of politicians, so the rumor mill says there are letters of congratulations from Senator Clinton and lots of others. Good for her!!!

Back