US Airways is still committed to seeking merger partner

That's all I am saying.
If I get the gist right, you're effectively correct. The transition agreement says one group can't operate the other's aircraft until there is a single CBA. Likewise, things like bid are separate until there's a single CBA. So until there's a single CBA, the combined list doesn't mean much - it's just a piece of paper with names on it.

However, notice the key to all of the above - the transition agreement. There's some loopholes there that the company could exploit if it choose. Loopholes that could leave one side or the other begging to integrate.

Lots of folks seem to be assuming that if the separation is maintained, all the widebody flying, all the new equipment, all the growth will be on the East side. Not necessarily true. As I've said before, read the transition agreement. Interpret it not as you would like it to benefit the East, but how Jerry Glass could make use of every sentence, every word, contained therein to do whatever he wants.

Jim

Here's a few fun Doug-Quotes from the story the OP posted:

The company’s market capitalization shot up from $125 million before the merger to more than $3 billion today, he said.

“That wasn’t brilliant management, that was created (by the merger),†he (Parker) added.

<<<>>>

Parker also touched on other hot-button issues such as executive compensation, saying that attractive compensation is key to attracting and retaining good talent. The topic was raised by the panel’s moderator, J. Randolph Babbitt, a managing partner at Eclat Consulting.

“I see that as a huge issue coming,†Babbitt said.

Parker said the issue wasn’t so controversial with employees during boom periods, as long as they feel like they’re also reaping the benefits.

Lots of folks seem to be assuming that if the separation is maintained, all the widebody flying, all the new equipment, all the growth will be on the East side. Not necessarily true.
I was thinking that too. Especially when :wacko: presumptuously mentioned that East pilots would be "willing to share" A340 flying. I wondered why he assumed East would get the A340s to share in the first place? If the operations were to remain separate, couldn't management with a little creativity set it up so that A340 flying went to West pilots?

Here's a few fun Doug-Quotes from the story the OP posted:

That would be the same Randy Babbitt as in former ALPA President. Formerly of Eastern Airlines.

They always seem to land on their feet don't they?

One must wonder if USA320 is kicking himself for leaving United now? If they ever merge with United it will REALLY stink for him when the only chance to fly wide-bodies is space available.

If I get the gist right, you're effectively correct. The transition agreement says one group can't operate the other's aircraft until there is a single CBA. Likewise, things like bid are separate until there's a single CBA. So until there's a single CBA, the combined list doesn't mean much - it's just a piece of paper with names on it.

However, notice the key to all of the above - the transition agreement. There's some loopholes there that the company could exploit if it choose. Loopholes that could leave one side or the other begging to integrate.

Lots of folks seem to be assuming that if the separation is maintained, all the widebody flying, all the new equipment, all the growth will be on the East side. Not necessarily true. As I've said before, read the transition agreement. Interpret it not as you would like it to benefit the East, but how Jerry Glass could make use of every sentence, every word, contained therein to do whatever he wants.

Jim

It all makes sense when you put it like that. I guess when all the dust settles and life moves on we will find out how this all plays into the scheme of things. I am tired of all the bad sentiment anyways. Sorry to Tuna and Aqua
Thanks Jim

Just my humble opinion...

It all makes sense when you put it like that. I guess when all the dust settles and life moves on we will find out how this all plays into the scheme of things. I am tired of all the bad sentiment anyways. Sorry to Tuna and Aqua
Thanks Jim

Just my humble opinion...

Sorry to those few who don't get it and never will.

As far as future mergers are concerned, I think USAirways will be sidelined do the selfserving East pilots who are creating all this havoc over a binding arbitration. This is why:

US East has dropped their pants and exposed themselves for the rest of the world to see. Not a pretty sight, literally or figuratively. They (the DOH crowd, not the reasonable folks like traderjake) are now seen as a bunch of opportunists trying, at any cost, to set a bad precedent and position themselves for future consolidation in a way that will benefit them over every other pilot in the industry. (ie: NWA, DAL, & UAL widebody flying and extensive international route structure) Every other pilot group is watching this and quite frankly we are embarrassed and ashamed of their lack of integrity. They are acting like spoiled children, threatening their fellow employees and customers, and in some cases even suggesting that they would become SCABS before accepting what is fair in everyone else's view! Who on earth would want to go anywhere near these idiots in the future?

You can hear the collective sigh of relief from DAL and UAL that we escaped from having to deal with these parasites. While we always suspected their intentions, we now have exhibit A as proof.

Remember the resolve of the Delta pilots who ultimately sunk the hostile takeover, and the resolve of the UAL pilots to sink the acquisition of USAir in 2000 when our pre-nup agreement with Goodwin was dashed??? That was nothing compared to the uprising you would see now in any future dealing with USAirways, if this group of malcontents of the East is successful in forcing their will on the West (and the reasonable East).

Management of all the airlines are watching this horror show of labor unrest unfold, and will pass on USAirways in a New York minute!

You guys are digging your own grave, and the grave of your co-worker. How Sad. :down:

What I was trying to do Aqua was to apploigize. Not riddicule. So there...Tuna and Aqua I appoligize.
Accept it or not...

??? Apologize for what? I haven't seen anything on the boards since the award warranting an apology from anybody (except that diabolical comment by Pacific Blue).

I just want to say that there is zero gloating on the West. Having digested the award for a week, it seems that the East pilots are paying the price for their MC and MEC pissing off Nicolau. I do think at a minimum there should be some sort of fence which reserves for the East the greatest benefit they bring, attrition. But that's not what was decided and now we have an even more fractured pilot group. This isn't good for anyone. Perhaps when the East MEC stops chasing legal fictions and gets back on the right track, maybe we can start a dialoge that will repair our domestic relationship. The bottom line is that both groups were and still are better off married than before. We need to make it work.

"Remember the resolve of the Delta pilots who ultimately sunk the hostile takeover, and the resolve of the UAL pilots to sink the acquisition of USAir in 2000 when our pre-nup agreement with Goodwin was dashed??? That was nothing compared to the uprising you would see now in any future dealing with USAirways, if this group of malcontents of the East is successful in forcing their will on the West (and the reasonable East)."

Let me see if I have this straight?:

When you UAL "heroes" with all your tremendous "resolve" torpedoed DOH for ALPA merger policy..you weren't just crybaby junior punks without thoughts for anyone but yourselves? it wasn't you being "malcontents"...it was an issue of presumabably heroic "resolve"? In another post..you directly stated that UAL's glorious hiring standards were far above those of US...I can only assume that included your proud post-lawsuit period when USA today showed the classic "Barbie-the-"pilot" front page with some bimbo with 420 total single engine hours being added to your illustrious list? Horror stories were told to me about trying to instruct/check out panel people on the 727 that couldn't decently speak english. Don't try BS on that one..I've friends within UAL's training dept lol.

All civility fails me here: Why don't you just get lost pissant :lol:

Back