Us Airways Keeps Door Open For A Better Deal

EyeInTheSky said:
Corinth2103, wow, I am impressed you can cut n' paste like a pro! :p
[post="273000"][/post]​

Hey, I'm impressed myself..it's a lot of "trial by fire" when I reply on here as I don't post near that much to get the practice! :D :blink:

Tim

RowUnderDCA said:
You're reading my mind.

Except I say:

70% remain in Star
15% oneworld
12% none or also ran alliance with Virgin
3% SkyTeam
[post="272974"][/post]​

Ah... I did not think of Virgin... although not a bad idea... And interestingly, HP maintains a codeshare relationship with both BA and Virgin.

USA320Pilot said:
Where did I voice an opinion on whether or not US Airways would remain in Star and where did I say I had contacts at United?
You said "Furthermore, it's my understanding US Airways will remain in the Star Alliance and keep the domestic code share agreement in place."

It is up to UA for US to remain in Star. If it is your 'understanding' that US will remain in Star, then you must have someone at UA to tell you that, since that decision is up to UA. Or are you just assuming UA will keep US in Star?

In regard to how discussions will play out with United, which has been "shunned" by US Airways, I cannot predict at this time.
[post="272886"][/post]​
The why is it your "understanding [that] US Airways will remain in the Star Alliance and keep the domestic code share agreement in place."?

That's a nice editorial you posted from WSJ about liquidating United. Should we discuss the issues regarding a twice bankrupt carrier dumping their pensions on the U.S. government and then taking a loan from a foreign government financed aircraft maker to purchase aircraft valued at more than the pension liability dumped on the U.S. taxpayers?

hp_fa said:
No, it won't. What it will take is an offer that puts more money in the hands of the unsecured creditors. If UA, WN or any other company can put more money in the hands of the unsecured creditors and they vote to accept that deal, then that is what the judge will accept.

I don't have the details on what the HP/U deal provides to the unsecured creditors, but that is what is going to make a difference. Not what you want, I want or what anyone else might want.
[post="272848"][/post]​

Sorry, hp_fa - been out flying and didn't see this till now. The agreement calls for the unsecured creditors getting something less than 8 million shares of "new" stock in the combined company (the exact number is in the BK court filing). Presumably, PBGC will get the biggest single chunk of that - their claim for the unfunded pensions they took over. Assuming Doug's prediction of a little over $6 per share for the "new" stock, that's under $50 million for the unsecured creditors.

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
It appears the Wall Street Journal does not have the same opinion of United as you do.... 

Here's what the Journal said:

USA320Pilot
[post="272928"][/post]​

But then he said this:

USA320Pilot said:
USA320Pilot answers: The Op-Ed article above was printed in the Wall Street Journal and written by Holman W. Jenkins, Jr.

USA320Pilot
[post="272939"][/post]​

So once again you are busted.

In typical DELETED BY MODERATOR :down: fashion you twist words and mislead by posting opinions as fact.

The WSJ does not have the opinion you first claim. (lied about.) By your own admission it is the opinion of the writer of the editorial, Mr. Jenkins. And ONLY Mr. Jenkins. Who, by the way, historically has a bone to pick with UA.

No surprise that you quote extremely biased people in a failed attempt to prop up your ridiculous claims. And your statement of the WSJ having a poor opinion of UA is an outright lie.

On a side note, just found out today that we are opening a 747-400 pilot domicile in Dulles. Perhaps I may be changing my call sign to 747jetz! Enjoy your shortened career, old-timer. I feel so very sorry for the HP pilots who may have to share a cockpit with you. I hope they educate themselves on NPD first.

Sad. Very sad.

Oh... and while you're bashing UA with pathetic Op-Ed articles, here's a different article for you to chew on:

United Airlines Named Best

You see, while you're busy jealously loathing UA, and praying for someone to buy your sorry a$$ so you can extend your luke warm career for another year or so, UA is out winning award after award for performance and customer satisfaction. Just look at how your most loyal customers are defecting to UA, and then tell me again how much money UA will lose if we kick US out of STAR. :p Yeah, if you say it enough times, just maybe someone else will believe you. :lol:

Here are some interesting quotes from the article:

"The OAG awards, which have been called the "Oscars of the Airline Industry," celebrate the very best in global air travel and publicly recognize the highest standards within the industry."

and...

"In addition to Best Transpacific Airline, United also was a nominee for Best Airline Based in North America, Best Transatlantic Airline, Best Economy/Coach Class, Best Executive/Business Class and Best International First Class."

And spare us the "you must be scared" routine. Most people know that narcissistic personalities often accuse others of the very thing they are guilty of. It's called projection, and is a telling symptom of NPD.

USA320Pilot said:
Fly & Busdrvr:

It appears the Wall Street Journal does not have the same opinion of United as you do. Maybe today's WSJ column has something to do with why US Airways' "executive suite" shunned M&A offers from United and why the Board selected the America West deal. Here's what the Journal said:

[post="272928"][/post]​

You mean the EDITORIAL page??

Back