US Airways lands lowest satisfaction ratings in flier survey

Again, this is not a F/A problem, this is a US problem.

There's an easy solution: offer a decent buyout and then get out of the way so you don't get stampeded.

Reality: US doesn't care about customer perception/ service/ morale.

And just so you know, these ladies are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tough to shrink from your malicious ageism. They'd eat you for breakfast.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. HAHAHAHA! I'll let you believe that if it makes you feel better, but you yourself offer the reason why they need to go...they are tooooo tough. They are not nice or even pleasant to look at either. Ages ago, get it - "ages", I read the most stupid comments about blank stares and smiles. This can't be it! I would rather see that instead of what our many living breathing ghouls walking the ailes of some of our aircraft bring as their A game.

BTW, what you see or term as Stepford stare is used by SWA. People grouch but they don't say anything negative back to them ...they just smile and keep on going. Can old dogs be taught new tricks? I'm not being ageist, I'm saying that we have crew that can't bend over and unlock a girt bar much less lift their own bags into a bin and on and on and on.

How many can pass a swim test or new hire physical???

"OWNED!"

Can't wait for that sparrow hawk reply - there's a reliable source espicially in light of all the "SECRETS" shared with Pitbull.

luv,

Your post sums up the situation perfectly! We can't make chicken soup out of chicken poop. Garbage in garbage out, you get what you pay for etc,ect. For the most part the employees of this company go way beyond what one would expect considering how they are treated by management.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, you hit the nail on the head sir.

It is WAY PAST TIME for A TON of these ol' BIDDIES to retire.

the East's aging old, floppity moppity, saggy faced, bristle haired denture wearing pathetic vericosed veined crabby appletons whose kids hate them so much they won't support them.

Crabby as you are now , when you get 'old' all your kids will throw you is raw meat.

Hope you still have teeth.

And if you want to see the real Crabby Appleton, take a look at my avatar.

Not a shocker here...
Just two days ago... running the shuttle..
we were late due to act... 10 min late into dca...
last bank... have 38 people connecting into BOS and LGA..
LAST Flight of the night...
they left them all

???? What is up with that...???
just hold.. for 10 min..
why not????

then pay for all of them to over night... cuz it was a mechanical..

WTF?

Not a shocker here...
Just two days ago... running the shuttle..
we were late due to act... 10 min late into dca...
last bank... have 38 people connecting into BOS and LGA..
LAST Flight of the night...
they left them all

???? What is up with that...???
just hold.. for 10 min..
why not????

then pay for all of them to over night... cuz it was a mechanical..

WTF?

Their Spreadsheet & Exec Comp Plan hold the answer to your question :angry: :angry:

The argument that the add on fees is the problem wiith customer satisfaction at US Airways doesn't seem to be a very strong one given the fact that every other legacy carrier does the same thing but somehow scored higher in the survey than US.

Watch the Crewroom News....Doug has stated we are not a Legacy nor are we a Low Cost Carrier. We are currently having an identity crisis, and that is part of the problem.

Oooooooooooh Pleeeeze.

It is WAY PAST TIME for A TON of these ol' BIDDIES to retire...wanting better seniority has nothing to do with it. Here's what I here from my mom and dad every time they fly US - "Wow, your airline has some really old flight attendants. I think they are even older than we are" My folks are in their 70/80s. Then there are the comments from friends saying the same thing.

Or why don't you fly the phx/lax east flight and see if you can get a drink - LOL No drinks because of "TURBULENCE" when there isn't any. hahahahahha! If these Easties or Eastholes don't want to work get them out. I'm not sure what you mean about Stepford stare etc...I think that it is a better look than some of the East's aging old, floppity moppity, saggy faced, bristle haired denture wearing pathetic vericosed veined crabby appletons whose kids hate them so much they won't support them.

There. In your face!

The job requirements need to be refitted so that physical fitness is also included. This should entail the ability to crawl over three rows of seats in 20 seconds.

Did you happen to ride the short bus to school when you were younger? You also just proved the point someone made earlier:

"You definitely get what you pay for"

In this case: employees that don't know when they are being exploited and don't care if their colleauges are - as long as they think it benefits them. Employees that only real professional experience prior to working for an airline was working as the night assistant manager at Carl's Jr. - and now they they think they are being groomed for management, and now an expert on labor relations.

Stick to Ageism and ignorant rhetoric. You got a great career in AM Talk Radio.

Please do us afll a favor - up the fiber in your diet, read a book, and educate yourself.

Easthole? Really?

Yeah really.

Pay schmay.

I am inclined to believe that nothing will change. Are many of you saying that we should keep our flight attendants that can't bend down and unhinge a girt bar, lift their own bags into an overhead bin and on and on?

How can any of you even attempt to take a stand against me when you can't even look at the reality of how the crew population presents? Many here postulate that great flight attendant performance at US is tied to money, but seriously, short of a silver bullet and a stake through the heart change isn't going to be automatic if the ethic for excellence is missing to begin with. The friendliness factor is missing period.

I get the difficulties. The employees do know they are being exploited. We are well aware of AZ labor laws and other petty rules that have come and gone.

As for ageism, no. There are truely some that are too old to perform the physical safety related functions of the job. That is a fact. Another longevity fact is that there are some on board who have alot of seniority who are equally ill suited for the job. In their case, longevity = burnout and laziness. This is also a fact. These observations have nothing to do whatsoever with my bucolic school days or consumption of fiberous breakfast cereals. They probably have something to do with our ratings

We have gone from bad to worse and ones self respect and pride is somehow AMAZINGLY overlooked.

I am not thrilled with this reality either, however you strike me as someone kind of junior, and I say that because maybe you weren't here when we were adequately staffed.

After 9/11 US cut staffing and service. With the cuts in service, having minimum staffing wasn't fun, but it was acceptable.

AWA comes along and starts adding "service for our customers" and does NOTHING about our staffing.

We have the worst staffing in the industry.

We have the worst contract-or lack thereof in the industry.

AWA keeps finding ways to try to make us work for free. Exhibit A: any incident report is to be filed online. Guess what? F/A s are not paid off the airplane. Either put a computer on the airplane or honor the claims to do it off the a/c.

One of these days they are going to notice that things that really should be reported AREN'T, because F/As have no mechanism to do so AT WORK.

Perhaps I am wrong, and you're senior, or you don't mind being worked to death, but US is reaping what they sow. I LIKE doing the service by procedure, I think it helps the time pass and frankly I feel less like I work for the inferior mess that I do, however, I am the minority and I do not blame those out there flying their rear ends off because we make so little. They simply flat out refuse to have an unacceptable workload based on inferior compensation.

In the final analysis this is US' problem, not a F/A problem. They KNOW how to solve the problem. They just don't want to and they certainly don't want to pay to change it.

It is TIRED repeating this: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Or why don't you fly the phx/lax east flight and see if you can get a drink - LOL No drinks because of "TURBULENCE" when there isn't any. hahahahahha! If these Easties or Eastholes don't want to work get them out. I'm not sure what you mean about Stepford stare etc...I think that it is a better look than some of the East's aging old, floppity moppity, saggy faced, bristle haired denture wearing pathetic vericosed veined crabby appletons whose kids hate them so much they won't support them.

Yeah, that's what's so great about UA and DL. Nothing but hawt 20-somethings with Abs of Steel. :huh: :lol:

Hi Galley Princess

Not sure what you consider junior...I have 23 years with with USAirways. In some circles that would appear senior, in others, junior. Let's just say that I pretty much still have to work weekends!

A lot of what you say in your post is true. On many levels I too, find USAirways mangement to be disingenuous. But I also realize that many companies have made difficult changes that have changed the lives of their employees post 9/11. I also realize that we have a contract that "we" (east) agreed to work under until the end of this year or until the joint contract is ratified, which ever comes first. Do I like what "we" agreed to in our current contract? No, of course not. But I do respect the process.

As far as service, we do far less service these days than we have in the past. Think back to the days of coach pre departure wine & oj, 3 choices of meals, coach hot towel and buttermint services, carving meat and safting veggies in biz class etc. Like you, I would rather be busy, doing the service, than sitting on my jumpseat. I do realize that I am at WORK and that the people on the plane are the ones who pay my salary. Regardless of what I think about our current contract, or my opinions of our leadership, I do have a personal work effort and take pride in the service (as limited as it may be)I offer.

On the safety front, our basic responsibilities haven't changed. Yet, it is amazing to me how many f/a's don't even take the time to check their emergency equipment or look for their demo equipment when they board the a/c.

The final analysis is that this problem is all of ours. I am not a hand holding, "Kumbya," type of person, that believe's we should rally together for the better of the airline. However, I do believe we should do the job that "we," through a contract that "we" have agreed upon, are getting paid to do. Nothing, more OR less, is expected.

I always regard surveys like this with a healthy dose of suspicion, especially considering the fact that a large percentage of respondents probably only fly once or twice a year to Grandma's house. That said, I think that US is still paying dearly for their short-sighted decision in 2008 to charge for soda, juice and water.

While performance metrics count in the eyes of the DOT and the BOD, when most people reach their destination, the last thing they consider is whether or not they arrived on time, or 30 minutes late. They do, however, remember how US treated them if they did arrive late, and missed a connection, or lost their bag and US refused to refund the bag fee. :rolleyes:

I think that US made a really good move in improving their transcon meal service. It's a shame that it had to come at the expense of the snack basket on the same flights, and on flights of under 90 minutes, since the loss of the snack basket will offset the gains of better inflight service in the perception of elites and paid F customers. Then again, F service does not affect most people who fly US.

We all know that airline fees are not only here to stay, but they will probably continue to grow arms and legs. If US wants to maximize their ancillary revenue, they are going to have to invest in the proper infrastructure. The first priority should be to install power ports throughout their mainline fleet, with the exception of the aircraft which they will be retiring. Then they need to outfit the remainder of the mainline fleet with wifi. I don't care what the take rate is on the 321's or what the spreadsheet formula indicates.....wifi is becoming more and more of a necessity, not a luxury. If US mainline can offer a consistent product fleetwide, customers will know what to expect, and will probably choose (or at least not avoid) US. I think that AVOD should also be on the docket, but wifi needs to be the first priority.

As for the employee discontent: Since I don't work at US, I cannot comment from experience. Nonetheless, whenever I fly US, I take the opportunity to engage my flight crew in conversation. It's really enlightening when you get people to open up by expressing your appreciation and support. Their entire demeanor changes. And I must admit that when I show them the picture of me with Doug Parker, it never fails to make them smile! :D Most of these people still love their jobs. It just doesn't show as readily through the stressful conditions. I think that customers do pick up on this vibe, and misinterpret it as rudeness or indifference. Those of us "in the know" understand that there is a lot more going on under the surface, so we are willing to cut them a lot of slack.

Back