Us Airways Strives To Raise On-time Rate

Don't cash that check just yet. We have to work together as a team to get the job done first. With the "Philly Phactor" as our main obstacle, we may never accomplish the goal. But we should give our best shot anyway. :up:

etops1 said:
its about time they offered something like this. continental does the same with $100 bonuses . the checks are sent in the mail to employees. hopefully for us its aslo a separate check and not combined with our paychecks.
[post="268073"][/post]​
CAL stopped the bonus because of losses

thats not true fliboy. i have friends who still work there and they are still receiving the checks.

longing4piedmont said:
Article by Keith Alexander

And then the rest of the story......

In addition to its on-time rankings, US Airways is focusing on the cleanliness of its aircraft.

The airline, which contracted out the cleaning of its planes' interiors in March, wants to ensure that the job get done properly. So it has posted job openings for "aircraft appearance supervisors" at its three major airports in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Charlotte. According to the job description on the US Airways Web site, the supervisor's job is to oversee the cleaning of the aircraft and "ensure that all areas of aircraft cleaning are accomplished in a timely manner."

For some frequent fliers, the attention to cleanliness couldn't come too soon. New York-based clinical researcher Michelle Cousin, who has logged more than 100,000 frequent flier miles on US Airways since 2002, has taken to carrying her own bottle of Formula 409.

When her seatmate went to the restroom on a flight to Houston last week, Cousin pulled out a rag and got busy with her bottle of 409.

"Sometimes the filth you encounter is deplorable," she said.

I would like to welcome Ms. Cousin to the dog house.

Suey, suey, suey
[post="267958"][/post]​

longing4piedmont said:
Article by Keith Alexander

And then the rest of the story......

In addition to its on-time rankings, US Airways is focusing on the cleanliness of its aircraft.

The airline, which contracted out the cleaning of its planes' interiors in March, wants to ensure that the job get done properly. So it has posted job openings for "aircraft appearance supervisors" at its three major airports in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Charlotte. According to the job description on the US Airways Web site, the supervisor's job is to oversee the cleaning of the aircraft and "ensure that all areas of aircraft cleaning are accomplished in a timely manner."

For some frequent fliers, the attention to cleanliness couldn't come too soon. New York-based clinical researcher Michelle Cousin, who has logged more than 100,000 frequent flier miles on US Airways since 2002, has taken to carrying her own bottle of Formula 409.

When her seatmate went to the restroom on a flight to Houston last week, Cousin pulled out a rag and got busy with her bottle of 409.

"Sometimes the filth you encounter is deplorable," she said.

I would like to welcome Ms. Cousin to the dog house.

Suey, suey, suey
[post="267958"][/post]​

WOOPS! :huh: Meant to add this snippet from the current June Attache Magazine;
A customer from Westerville, Ohio, wrote about the condition of our aircraft cabin:
My plane to Charlotte looked like it needed a makeover. Several of the chairs had threading that was coming undone and the attendants had trouble getting the television monitors to work during the safety briefing. The only channel I could get to hear the movie played it in Spanish. On the way back, my overhead light didn’t work properly.

Another customer from Bradford, Massachusetts, wrote with similar concerns:
I paid extra money for a First Class seat, only to find the lavatory unclean and the tray tables and overhead bins filthy. I travel quite a bit, and I must say the experience with US Airways was unsatisfactory.

Thank you for expressing your concerns. We are aware of these problems, and already have changed the procedures for cleaning aircraft, including adding more cleaners per plane as they come through our major cities. We hope that you will notice a marked improvement on your next flight with us.

:blink:
My first thought was "guess so...since flight attendants are cleaning their own planes!" ;)

Back