Us Airways To Provide New Information To Afa

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
US Airways To Provide New Information To Attendants

ARLINGTON (Aviation Daily) - US Air flight attendants say they are waiting for more information from the airline before deciding whether to take part in concession negotiations, and the airline says it is working to prepare material for attendants on the airline’s condition and plans. The Association of Flight Attendants says little came out of a meeting with US Airways Chairman David Bronner on Monday. AFA spokeswoman Dawn Deeks told The DAILY there was a “lively and frank exchange†with Bronner, but the union is “still a little unclear†what US Airways wants from attendants. Deeks said the union cannot move forward until it sees a business plan.

The union’s leadership “is willing to listen to what US Airways has to say, but we need a better idea of where they are headed,†she said. US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said the airline is “pulling together information†for AFA. The company believes there “will be enough [information] for productive discussions†to begin with the flight attendants, Castelveter said. He added there is no timetable for the presentation of this information, but “it is a priority here†because the airline “needs [the talks] to begin as quickly as possible.â€

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

US Airways' Bronner doubts he 'won over' flight attendants
Wednesday, March 03, 2004

By Dan Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Reaching out to airline workers for the second time in as many weeks, US Airways Chairman David Bronner met with flight attendant leaders on Monday and came away from the meeting sure that he said what he wanted to say but not so sure that he "won everybody over."

Bronner, who runs an Alabama state pension fund that controls 37 percent of the Arlington, Va.-based airline and a majority of its board seats, said yesterday in an interview: "I'm sure a few of them didn't like me at all. All I can say to them is look around, there could be a whole lot of other people who could care less about you. At least I care."

Still, Bronner called the get-together at a Charlotte, N.C., airport a "first and meaningful step" toward further talks with the money-losing airline, which now hopes to cut another $1.5 billion in annual costs through a combination of salary, work-rule and benefit concessions. He urged the flight attendants to sit down with US Airways executives, as the pilots have agreed to do starting next week.

Bronner's visit came 10 days after his inaugural meeting with the pilots union, which was so impressed that it passed, with virtually no debate and a unanimous vote, a resolution authorizing its negotiating team to discuss concessions with management.

The flight attendants apparently were not as impressed. What Bronner shared was "nothing more than has been reported in the press," President Perry Hayes, head of the US Airways chapter of the Association of Flight Attendants, said in a message yesterday to his members.

He noted that the union has yet to receive a copy of the airline's complete business plan or even a response to its request, which was made in February. US Airways said yesterday: "Our management team is pulling together the information to allow for productive discussions with each of the labor groups. We look forward to meeting with the [flight attendants]."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Dan Fitzpatrick can be reached at [email protected] or 412-263-1752.)

Here's an idea: How about the flight attendants pay U money for the honor of employment?

There is NO way the flight attendants can help U no matter how much money they "give back". The whole thing is an insult to all of them.

It's the end of an era folks. Not just at U but at ALL the carriers. They are going to bring flight attendant wages down to the equivalent of a summer, recreational life guard position. People will want the job, but only for a couple of years to "see the world". Apparently, the flying public (meaning the old, perverted men who actually think these girls have any interest in them) and the airlines themselves only want 20 year old bimbos to serve them anymore.

:blink: THey want more info cant they read a stock report or lets make it easier
a newspaper . you cant pay out more money than you take in ,simple math.

THey want more info cant they read a stock report or lets make it easier
a newspaper . you cant pay out more money than you take in ,simple math.

Well sure. But that's not what AFA is looking for. AFA, quite reasonably, wants some information on what sort of business plan management has for turning this around. After all, we gave them lots of loot based upon the last biz plan, and it was piddled.

The more complex math is this: How much of the cost side of the equation could be resolved without another round of savage cuts on the labor part of the equation. A number of people have pointed to the myriad things this management has failed to do that it could have done already without any need to make changes to CBA's. (eg. Rolling hub in PHL, etc....)

Trust me, they (AFA leadership) have read the stock reports and they've read all the SEC filings.

-Airlineorphan

Just to make sure everyone saw the lovely quote from Bronner in the Pittsburgh Tribune. I think he was trying to comment on how quickly the business plan changes, but the press really likes to add their own context to his quotes....

------

"Union chairman Perry Hayes yesterday called the meeting with Bronner a "frank discussion." But he said progress toward negotiations is hindered because the union still has not heard management's business plan and how it would involve flight attendants.

"US Airways still has not asked for any specific concessions," Hayes said through a spokeswoman.

"It's an ongoing thing," Bronner said of the restructuring process."If (flight attendants) are looking for a piece of paper with a business plan on it, they're in the wrong business."
"

The thought occurs that perhaps Dr. Bonner better hope the FA's are in the correct business because training that many replacements is quite expensive.

Fly said:
Apparently, the flying public (meaning the old, perverted men who actually think these girls have any interest in them) and the airlines themselves only want 20 year old bimbos to serve them anymore.

What can I say............. GOOD ONE !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see any 20 year old bimbos anywhere on US Airways. In fact, I've been furloughed for quite some time now. :rolleyes:

Apparently, the flying public (meaning the old, perverted men who actually think these girls have any interest in them) and the airlines themselves only want 20 year old bimbos to serve them anymore.
I dunno, but when I was hired minimum age was 20 and that was 4 years ago. I can assure you, there is relativey few, if any 20 somethings ANYWHERE NEAR U, except from a revenue pax. <_<

usfliboi said:
US Airways' Bronner doubts he 'won over' flight attendants
Wednesday, March 03, 2004

By Dan Fitzpatrick, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Reaching out to airline workers for the second time in as many weeks, US Airways Chairman David Bronner met with flight attendant leaders on Monday and came away from the meeting sure that he said what he wanted to say but not so sure that he "won everybody over."

Bronner, who runs an Alabama state pension fund that controls 37 percent of the Arlington, Va.-based airline and a majority of its board seats, said yesterday in an interview: "I'm sure a few of them didn't like me at all. All I can say to them is look around, there could be a whole lot of other people who could care less about you. At least I care."

Still, Bronner called the get-together at a Charlotte, N.C., airport a "first and meaningful step" toward further talks with the money-losing airline, which now hopes to cut another $1.5 billion in annual costs through a combination of salary, work-rule and benefit concessions. He urged the flight attendants to sit down with US Airways executives, as the pilots have agreed to do starting next week.

Bronner's visit came 10 days after his inaugural meeting with the pilots union, which was so impressed that it passed, with virtually no debate and a unanimous vote, a resolution authorizing its negotiating team to discuss concessions with management.

The flight attendants apparently were not as impressed. What Bronner shared was "nothing more than has been reported in the press," President Perry Hayes, head of the US Airways chapter of the Association of Flight Attendants, said in a message yesterday to his members.

He noted that the union has yet to receive a copy of the airline's complete business plan or even a response to its request, which was made in February. US Airways said yesterday: "Our management team is pulling together the information to allow for productive discussions with each of the labor groups. We look forward to meeting with the [flight attendants]."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Dan Fitzpatrick can be reached at [email protected] or 412-263-1752.)
Yup, Bronner knows damn well he surely did not win everybody over. ALPA took all the kool-aide, none left for AFA, kool-aide-well was bone dry.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways To Provide New Information To Attendants

ARLINGTON (Aviation Daily) - US Air flight attendants say they are waiting for more information from the airline before deciding whether to take part in concession negotiations, and the airline says it is working to prepare material for attendants on the airline’s condition and plans. The Association of Flight Attendants says little came out of a meeting with US Airways Chairman David Bronner on Monday. AFA spokeswoman Dawn Deeks told The DAILY there was a “lively and frank exchange” with Bronner, but the union is “still a little unclear” what US Airways wants from attendants. Deeks said the union cannot move forward until it sees a business plan.

The union’s leadership “is willing to listen to what US Airways has to say, but we need a better idea of where they are headed,” she said. US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said the airline is “pulling together information” for AFA. The company believes there “will be enough [information] for productive discussions” to begin with the flight attendants, Castelveter said. He added there is no timetable for the presentation of this information, but “it is a priority here” because the airline “needs [the talks] to begin as quickly as possible.”

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320,

Please do not infer from that clip that AFA is willing to do anything without the membership's permission to go to the table. There WILL be a motion for a ballot to circulate if managment provides the requests in the AFA resolution.

Now that, USA320, you can take to the bank as fact.

jack mama said:
Just to make sure everyone saw the lovely quote from Bronner in the Pittsburgh Tribune. I think he was trying to comment on how quickly the business plan changes, but the press really likes to add their own context to his quotes....

------

"Union chairman Perry Hayes yesterday called the meeting with Bronner a "frank discussion." But he said progress toward negotiations is hindered because the union still has not heard management's business plan and how it would involve flight attendants.

"US Airways still has not asked for any specific concessions," Hayes said through a spokeswoman.

"It's an ongoing thing," Bronner said of the restructuring process."If (flight attendants) are looking for a piece of paper with a business plan on it, they're in the wrong business."
"
Yeeaaaa, that's like a contractor telling the buyer of a building, "just give me the million dollars and I'll furnish a written plan later...or not.

I'd like to know what kind of business he's in that he operates with NO written plan! I wonder if those golf courses he builds have no written plans.

PITbull said:
Yeeaaaa, that's like a contractor telling the buyer of a building, "just give me the million dollars and I'll furnish a written plan later...or not.
It is nuts, isn't it? I mean, I'm pretty sure you guys will have to give something back in order to keep the airline alive. But the "trust us" approach is laughable. Especially considering the recent past.

Back