US Airways=Virgin America?

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
OK, this is from the Boston Airport Journal, obviously not the best source of Aviation news, but interesting thought. It comes at the end of an article discussing the state of the airlines, the majors reducing capacity, LCCs increasing capacity.

And if all this was not enough to keep every airline on edge, remarks by Richard Branson of Virgin Atlantic was the last picky word. Branson said he could be persuaded to buy into an Americsan carrier with less than controlling interest that is now not allowed. Could the target be stuggling US Airways with east coast routes, profitable Shuttle and ties to United Airlines?

I would not mind working for this man. He is far from afraid of the competition and treats his employees well, and wants to run an airline instead of scheming on how to get rid of the pesky planes and workers. Silly rumour, but any thoughts?

Bring Bransen on! He at least eeps his employees informed abou that s going on.
9.gif

I also would not mind working for Mr Branson. Know numerous people who left U/PI that went to work for Virgin. They love the respect the Upper Management gives them.

As an added bonus if Branson/Virgin bought into US then you'd have the opportunity for current US pilots to begin speculating on their opportunities to pilot Singapore Air 747's and lecture the Asians regarding United States' accounting policies.

SI does own half of VS you know. For the record I reported it first on this website.

Mr. Dude-

I wonder what the 'half-life' of your previous post will be.

In any case, I think the whole 'virgin' brand is kind of odd and a little, just a little, sexist. But then, I find the Washington Redskins more than just a little racist... not a crime, but not to bright either.

I'm not pc, just a matter of taste.

And to be a hired flight attendant with VA you have to be with in the
ages of 19-33. Wonder if you have to retire by the age of 33? If
so...boy what would he think if he saw the ages that still fly with
US?
3.gif
1.gif

The Virgin brand is not as recognizable in the United States, and Americans would cry societal collapse if there were racy slogans and innuendo on airplanes. Virgin Atlantic is a great, strong brand suitable to the UK long haul market. However, Belgium based Virgin Express and Austrailia's Virgin Blue are completely different brands- and again, even with the SQ connection we dont see that becoming Virgin Pacific. So if there was any possibility of this, and we all know its a long shot, I think it would still be US Airways, just with a much stronger, defined, product. There is so much potential for this airline when you combine our routes, employees, and passenger base.

By the way, the F/A thing would not be an issue- thankfully we have anti-discrimination laws. At the very least there would be some nice, classy, uniforms!

Anyway, back to reality.

----------------
On 8/12/2003 1:10:42 AM mga707 wrote:

I'll bet it was something along the lines of the doctored photo I saw awhile back that had the Virgin 747 parked next to a BAe-146 with "xxxx" on the tail...
9.gif
(this'll probably get censored too...)

----------------​

Yep, I was right. Stupid prudish software!

----------------
On 8/11/2003 3:57:32 PM delldude wrote:

what would it be called?
US VIRGIN??
nixo on that..[edited by moderator, who won the time bet? 1220am].

----------------​
i did

----------------
On 8/12/2003 1:01:29 AM delldude wrote:

----------------
On 8/11/2003 3:57:32 PM delldude wrote:

what would it be called?
US VIRGIN??
nixo on that..[edited by moderator, who won the time bet? 1220am].

----------------​
i did

----------------​

Gee, now I'm really, really curious what I missed by not checking this forum earlier.
I'll bet it was something along the lines of the doctored photo I saw awhile back that had the Virgin 747 parked next to a BAe-146 with "xxxx" on the tail...
9.gif
(this'll probably get censored too...)

Back