US Airways Volatile Stock Price

westcoastflyer

Advanced
Aug 12, 2004
Has anyone noticed how erratically LCC stock has traded recently? The closing price on 9-21-09 was $5.43. Today it's trading around $3.15. That's a 42% drop in price in only 5 weeks. Someone was making, and someone's now losing, a lot of money. Was there possibly a deal in the works which has fallen through? Time to get back in, and bet the ranch on LCC? Not.

Ah, Etrade pins the losses in the sector on fuel prices...http://tinyurl.com/ykbuhd8

But if it is because of a collapsed deal, wouldn't that be insider trading.

Low oil prices and an overall market rally caused the price to go up. We are dropping much more than the other airlines. Perhaps some were expecting better earnings last Thursday. Maybe it is because we stink more than the other airlines. This is a very volatile stock. There may be an entry point when it hits a bottom.

Stock price appears to have fallen to its bottom at 2.92. Yesterday, the candlestick showed a "homing pigeon" pattern and today showed a "bullish engulfing" pattern. RSI analysis shows that this stock is way oversold. The stock price of LCC should rally upward for awhile if oil prices keep dropping. I got in today. If you have an online broker, do your own homework and jump on in if the oil prices keep dropping. I am not a professional. Do your own due diligence.

Considering how they are expecting downsized fleet service agents to transfer during the middle of the Christmas and New Years holiday, my feeling is to tell them to stick their stock up their posterior but money is money. It's actually a fun stock if you're into that sort of thing. It's like juggling chainsaws or playing with nitroglycerin.

this thing will be sold as soon as they get rid of all the excess weight the buyer does not want and need

Back