US Pilots Labor Thread 1/21 to 1/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true, the only thing better for the west guys, would be to advanced implementation of the take over they will happen in 5-10 years anyways.

I.E. go ahead and staple ALL the east guys to the bottom, or regulate all of them to the right seat for the rest of their careers.

Somewhere inbetween 5-10 years (extended out due to 65) the west guys will own the upper half of the seniority list. So why don't we just hurry that process up, and give it to them now?

The west guy will have three stripes. Sorry, but this b.s. just gets to be too much sometimes, just messing with ya.

The original question was about C&Rs. There seem to be some on the east side that think that if the west guys just understood the C&Rs, they wouldn't be opposed to DOH. I think that is a pipe dream because there is no way to craft DOH with C&Rs that are as good for the west guys as the NIC award.

No, the way you tell East from West is " read the compass".

We were all furloughed when Team Tempe bought UAL in the "United Merger"!

You are correct though, the West understands the C&Rs and is vehemently opposed to them. In their present USAPA form they are not only not as good as the Nic, but down right larceny. If USAPA were only interested in protecting what the East brought to the merger they would accept the Nic and fence the East to a fleet minimum. That way east captures attrition on their fleet, has a minimum widebody count etc. What USAPA is doing is saying we are taking everything, but we will throw you a bone and not take your current position immediately, however that position will be at best stagnant until such time as we have all moved in front of you, or at worst be gone and you will be replaced by one of our own.

Easy. The west guy has a red lanyard with neon lights on it....bag tags that proclaim something about inyegrity, others' that mention McIllvena's arse...bright green tie tacks in the shape of a $1000 saguaro cactus (thanks from AOL) and a consistent snarl
on their face....

East guy looks like Sully.

<_<

I did throw this out there to lighten things up, so please feel free to add your clever, insulting or self-deprecating humor at will.

But here are some more.

The pilot wearing the gold rolex engraved "Courtesy USAPA" is the West pilot.

The West pilots lanyard reads "Shugart, Thomson & Kilroy Rule!"

The West pilots bag tag reads " I survived USAPA"

The East pilot wears four stripes and sits in the left seat, The West pilot wears four stripes their original America West wings and hat badge and conducts IOE.

The East pilot reviews your liscence and medical and notes you are typed on the dc9 737 757/767 a320 a330 a350. He comments, " Wow thats alot of type ratings." You reply,"well I have been with the airline 40 years".... He the then mumbles under his breath..."Rooooookkkiieee"

The East pilot turns and ask...."Ever meet Sully"

I did throw this out there to lighten things up, so please feel free to add your clever, insulting or self-deprecating humor at will.

But here are some more.

The pilot wearing the gold rolex engraved "Courtesy USAPA" is the West pilot.

The West pilots lanyard reads "Shugart, Thomson & Kilroy Rule!"

The West pilots bag tag reads " I survived USAPA"

The East pilot wears four stripes and sits in the left seat, The West pilot wears four stripes their original America West wings and hat badge and conducts IOE.

The East pilot reviews your liscence and medical and notes you are typed on the dc9 737 757/767 a320 a330 a350. He comments, " Wow thats alot of type ratings." You reply,"well I have been with the airline 40 years".... He the then mumbles under his breath..."Rooooookkkiieee"

The East pilot turns and ask...."Ever meet Sully"

The east pilot talks about flying F-4s with Sully
The west pilot dyed his hair to look like Sully
The east pilot has an AARP card hooked to his ID
The west pilot still has his USAPA=&^%$ backer on his ID
The east pilot complains about the lack of bms
The west pilot complains how USAPA screwed up the last contract and only got a 50% raise and didn't solve the global warming crisis

:rolleyes:

But here are some more.

The east pilots says, "Glad we finally got a joint contract. Were you really seniority number 8 at America West? How do you like the 190? Any word on upgrade?" The west pilot says nothing. The east pilot says ,"Where are you going? You can't just leave! I just called for the before start checklist! I'm calling USAPA! Ooh, you're gonna get it!"

And you would do likewise, Im sure, tazz. but your right:

Since you think your Qs are relevant, let me ask you this one:

If a pilot was an active member in the PHL LC, if he paid dues to ALPO with his dues receipt showing him as a PHL LC active member, if his ALPO status was "active," if he could vote in the PHL elections, if he could be a committee member/chairman in the PHL LEC, and if he actually held office as a PHL LEC officer (Sec/Tres), if his pay checks said "US Airways," was he actively on the seniority list?

I know its a long question, but only needs a simple YES/NO answer. BTW, the "ifs" above, they actually all happened. Snooper

I will address your first comment: Whatever the judge decides will be it. I will accept his decision, just as the rest of the west pilot group will. In that same regard had Nicolau found in the east's favor the west would have sucked it up and moved on. Adding to that we would not have had alpa/Prater helping us along as they did the east.

Regarding your second comment my answer is a firm "NO". You are attempting to compare company service to alpa status. Being no lover of alpa I don't care what was happening in alpa at that time. Keeping it simple, I simply try to compare apples to apples.

One more thing: with all of the discussion on a "flawed" list being used by Nicolau.... total BS! Certified lists were used and the pilots had an opportunity to challenge their status on that list prior to affirming their individual positions on said list. Pilots on the east did not challenge their positions on the list used by Nic and in previous mergers such as Trump. Those affected did not take the opportunity to state their case at the appropriate time or the lists used would never have seen the light of day. You guys are simply taking advantage of having a new "union" and hoping to unscramble an egg.

Enough said, looking forward to hearing the judge.

Tazz,

Your questions are not relevant to the legal status of the MDA pilots. Your questions only answer how they were treated. If you can't see the utter failure of logic then there is no hope for you to put together a valid argument.

Non Sequitor asks: "Was "Panamanian Joe" getting paid two dollars an hour to wash dishes at McDonald's?"

Macht Nichts answers: "Yes."

Non Sequitor flops a conclusion: "Well see I told you so, because Panamanian Joe was being paid 2$ and hour he is not a US citizen."

Panamanian Joe was born and raised in California, contrary to the conclusion one might make from his nickname. Being a natural born citizen, he is a legal worker at McDonald's in Los Angeles and entitled to minimum wage.

Don't waste my time if you can't point out the faulty logic of Non Sequitor.

Cheers.

Huh?
WTFO!
Talk about wasting time!

Just curious if anyone here has any idea how the upcoming hearings in febuary regarding the large rj issue are expected to go and what some of the likely results of this may be? I believe LOA 93 allows 93 large rj's and express has been operating 112-115. Also, what are the expected results of the hearing regarding minimum block hours that is due in febuary as well? Thanks, haven't head much on these issues lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back