US Pilots Labor Thread 1/28 to 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Des I was putting my kids to bed. But your comment does beg the question... Why the number 3000? I thought you were in NZ mate?

Your right, I did not know there were 4 people who visited Hemenways office recently. Unless of course you are talking about the 4 who were originally targeted. The same four of which 3 decided to pay in the hope that the one who continues to wait for the arbitration will bring some clarity to the disagreement. Strange that the numbers you quote are the same in this case. But that cant be the same 4! Those 4 started this process a few months ago now and it is old news. Are you talking about those 4? If so, I understand that the arbitration is scheduled for April 1st. I will say though that I have heard of additional letters going out. 10 to be exact. 4 east and 6 west. So having said that I am confused about which four we are talking about. Is it the original 4? 'Cause if it is then that is old news friend. Now if we are talking about 4 of the most recent 6 then yeah you've got news. Although I'm pretty sure I would have heard of an additional hold-out here in the west...
yawn. Friend, you are aware that there are airplanes in NZ...right? I still fly..I still get to the states...and I still have far-reaching friends in the states.

Sleep tight

yawn. Friend, you are aware that there are airplanes in NZ...right? I still fly..I still get to the states...and I still have far-reaching friends in the states.

Sleep tight

Do you care to comment on my remarks regarding the "4?"

"Beg" is a strong word...furloughee in waiting...it is your legal responsibility under the law. The East would like for this to work out nicely, but work out it will...happily or not. Mr. Hemenway saw no less than 4 west pilots recently: 3 wrote a check before he fired them...the last has until next Friday to get aboard...or he's gone...period. The clock is running on him as we speak. Every day now there are letters arriving that will get sent up to the hatchet-man...

Are you "in good hands?"...

yep, still plugged in to current events.

I suggest you get up to date yourself.

The USAPA cowards don't need money, they need to be on the right side of the Law. 10 months in and nothing but lawsuits, failure, and embarassingly low wages for the real usapians.

Well done, "mate"

Well I'd say that those wages were brought to us by ALPO. In addition, even if we had been brought up to your super great pay rates on the west. Well..Uhmmm.....it's still disgustingly low pay rates. Amazingly our pay rates aren't THAT far apart, and uhmmm....aren't the west rates at the highest they ever been. and the east at the lowest? Yup...you west guys are the gods...for sure...

"Beg" is a strong word...furloughee in waiting...it is your legal responsibility under the law. The East would like for this to work out nicely, but work out it will...happily or not. Mr. Hemenway saw no less than 4 west pilots recently: 3 wrote a check before he fired them...the last has until next Friday to get aboard...or he's gone...period. The clock is running on him as we speak. Every day now there are letters arriving that will get sent up to the hatchet-man...

Are you "in good hands?"...

yep, still plugged in to current events.

I suggest you get up to date yourself.

Please list their employee numbers, otherwise nothing more Boogeyman stories.

Please list their employee numbers, otherwise nothing more Boogeyman stories.
USAPA Update 1-29-09: The meeting then moved back into Open Session to receive a briefing from Secretary/Treasurer Mark King, who discussed with the Board the fact that the Company is now complying with Section 29 of the Working Agreement and has upheld two terminations via Section 29 proceedings. Secretary/Treasurer King reiterated that while USAPA is pleased that the Company is now complying with the contract, it is our hope that no pilots will be terminated and that all pilots will now choose to bring their memberships into good standing.

Section 29 ©: If, upon the expiration of the fifteen (15) day period, the employee still remains delinquent, the Association shall certify in writing to the Company's Vice President - Labor Relations, copy to the employee, that the employee has failed to remit payment
within the grace period allowed and is therefore to be discharged. The Company's Vice
President - Labor Relations shall thereupon take steps to discharge such employee
from the service of the Company.

So two were terminated.....east or west?
No one from the west has been terminated. So it is either an east pilot or usapa is over stating their position.

Ironic if the first pilots fired by usapa is one of their own.

Now that is union to be proud of. NOT!

I would hope that those terminated take their case to court to determine why they are any more delinquent than any other pilot in bad standing.

I smell money damages!!

Usapa claims to be a DOH union right. Why did they not start with the most senior pilot and move down the list?

Maybe they should have started with the most junior pilot and started from there?

Yes random is discrimination and will be looked at very carefully.

Tell me does usapa enjoy picking on girls? Does it make them feel like big men? Of the 10 section 29 letters to got out 3 have been to women. 30% of terminations aimed at a population of 2-3%. The leadership just can not be that stupid. Are they intimidated by strong minded women? What is it?

...aren't the west rates at the highest they ever been. and the east at the lowest? Yup...you west guys are the gods...

What's your point?

That the East is better than the West because our rate is the lowest it's been in recent history?

You're a real genius.

No one from the west has been terminated. So it is either an east pilot or usapa is over stating their position.

Ironic if the first pilots fired by usapa is one of their own.

Now that is union to be proud of. NOT!

You are right CD. What USAPA said was, "... it is our hope that no pilots will be terminated..." , but this is an agency shop. It is bigger than you, me, the company, or USAPA.

I know that you are glad you are paid up in your dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back