US Pilots labor thread 11/5-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start with some humor:

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2009_11_05_at_8.58.36_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2009_11_05_at_8.58.36_AM.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 295
While contracts become amendable and do not expire LOAs actually expire.

Though there is no snapback language it is clear that the LOA expires in January. I think a good case can be made that once that LOA has expired the underlying contract rates go into effect.

I think USAPA has a shot at this one. If I were going to spend money anywhere it would be on this effort not on the pension fight.

Though there is no snapback language...
Ya, that's a solid case for sure.

Stick with the pension hunt - you've got a better chance.

And a wildcat job action?!?! Ya, that's going to go over well. I don't see the angry FOs getting much support for the senior guys, especially after the way the $70m is going to be distributed.

Ya, that's a solid case for sure.

Stick with the pension hunt - you've got a better chance.

And a wildcat job action?!?! Ya, that's going to go over well. I don't see the angry FOs getting much support for the senior guys, especially after the way the $70m is going to be distributed.

Most of the "senior guys" voted for option A. What "wildcat job action"? If there was one which there isnt ,it doesnt take senior guys to make it work. Keep on gloating, time will tell all. I wish I was as confident as you on all these matters. You seem to know everything!

Most of the "senior guys" voted for option A. What "wildcat job action"? If there was one which there isnt ,it doesnt take senior guys to make it work. Keep on gloating, time will tell all. I wish I was as confident as you on all these matters. You seem to know everything!
I didn't say there was one now. As you can see by the above sticker, its coming the first of next year. Even USAPA's website is counting down to that very same date.

And I don't think too many FO's are going to stick there necks out without the senior guys (Captains) backing them up.

I'm confident because your history is a great indicator of your future failures.

And no, I don't know everything.

Just almost everything.

Here's something I know that even most Westies don't know: aside from abhorring the Nicolau list Eastees can't unite on anything.

I'm confident because your history is a great indicator of your failures.

And no, I don't know everything.
With some good union work the EAST pilots could get back some of what they lost.
And once again be at the forefront of the industry instead of HP LCC industry standard

With some good union work the EAST pilots could get back some of what they lost.
And once again be at the forefront of the industry instead of HP LCC industry standard
Hmmmm, that's odd.

We get paid more.

We get cancellation pay.

Crew meals.

The list goes on.

And if you're depending on "good union work", then sit back and relax. Its going to be a while.

Parker won't even give Cleary 5 minutes of his time. But, of course, you guys have him shaking in his boots.

USAPA's is so flush with cash they're like a sailor on shore leave. They don't know what to do with all the money after the stamps on the Sec 29 letters are paid for (oh, and that little Seham expense that has become a fixed cost). They buy cars, turkeys and lobbyists (I hope the poor lobbyinst gets a turkey too!). They should be concentrating on building unity, spending wisely (pros in accounting instead of Streble in between trips), and positioning the union to the point where they can make good on their campaign promise of lower dues.

But no, until Cleary and the entire east BPR is sent packing and a new group that understands the value of a dollar and the value of unity, more money will be urinated away.

HOW'S YOUR INVESTMENT IN USAPA WORKING OUT?

USAPA's is so flush with cash they're like a sailor on shore leave. They don't know what to do with all the money after the stamps on the Sec 29 letters are paid for (oh, and that little Seham expense that has become a fixed cost). They buy cars, turkeys and lobbyists (I hope the poor lobbyinst gets a turkey too!). They should be concentrating on building unity, spending wisely (pros in accounting instead of Streble in between trips), and positioning the union to the point where they can make good on their campaign promise of lower dues.

But no, until Cleary and the entire east BPR is sent packing and a new group that understands the value of a dollar and the value of unity, more money will be urinated away.

HOW'S YOUR INVESTMENT IN USAPA WORKING OUT?

No NIC, as promised

Hmmmm, that's odd.

We get paid more.

We get cancellation pay.

Crew meals.

The list goes on.

And if you're depending on "good union work", then sit back and relax. Its going to be a while.

Parker won't even give Cleary 5 minutes of his time. But, of course, you guys have him shaking in his boots.

Crew meals! Man I will vote yes on any contract to get those. The heck with the Nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.