US728 PHL-LHR 9/26 show diverted to LGW - ?

Sally4th

Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
PHL-LGW-PHL-LGW........
Visit site
Title says it all, really. US website for US728 9/26 posts status as "diverted to LGW", does anyone know why?

US728 9/27 is buggered on Flightstats too, shows "enroute", normal take off time, landing delayed 123 minutes? Could today's info have been incorrectly updated with yesterday's diversion/delay? I'm confused (no news there ;-)

And while I'm at it, where does that A330 go from LHR? It's usually a B767 LHR-PHL.

Title says it all, really. US website for US728 9/26 posts status as "diverted to LGW", does anyone know why?

US728 9/27 is buggered on Flightstats too, shows "enroute", normal take off time, landing delayed 123 minutes? Could today's info have been incorrectly updated with yesterday's diversion/delay? I'm confused (no news there ;-)

And while I'm at it, where does that A330 go from LHR? It's usually a B767 LHR-PHL.

US728 to LHR is and always has been an A330.....we now fly a 757 to LGW

Delay log from LGW (where it diverted) shows local weather conditions delay. Flight time from LGW to LHR was 16 mins. From checking flifo from some LH/SK/BD flights, it looks like it was a mess. Many flights delayed for several hours.
The A330 to LHR returns to PHL as flight 729.

My bad, I've flown PHL-LHR twice. Both times with a 4-5 week interval before the return, both times A330 outbound, B767return. I now see with shorter intervals the equip doesn't change.

Once again the A330 flies r/t PHL/LHR/PHL......It departs at 10;45 and returns at around 4;00 or 5;00 pm.....the only time you would get a 767 from LGW on US is if the A330 is broke and stuck in LHR...you might have flown back to PHL on BA...they do fly a 767 from LHR

Once again the A330 flies r/t PHL/LHR/PHL......It departs at 10;45 and returns at around 4;00 or 5;00 pm.....the only time you would get a 767 from LGW on US is if the A330 is broke and stuck in LHR...you might have flown back to PHL on BA...they do fly a 767 from LHR

Gee, it sure looks like a B767 LHR-PHL starting Oct 25th.
And I have not flown BA for at least 7 years, though that may be changing shortly.

I did word my last post poorly, for that I apologise - I haven't flown the return leg of my second trip yet. But is is indeed on a B767. From LHR to PHL. For real.

Are the A330s due for annuals and how long do they take?

Gee, it sure looks like a B767 LHR-PHL starting Oct 25th.

Almost the entire European operation schedule changes in Oct so to compare the question about the flight from LHR and compare this month (asking about the diverted flight) and next month is comparing apples to oranges. Indeed, it appears that the LHR flight (at least on the days I checked) will switch to a 767 sometime in October both coming and going since we only have 1 LHR flight a day. This is also the time frame where some cities will lose service, others will go to a couple times a week and others will see a downgrade from the A330 to a 767.