USA 3000 Lousy Baggage Policy

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Greetings.

I happen to fly USA3000 to CANCUN...on my return flight to PIT on Aug 6, my brand new baggage came back destroyed. I brought in the rep at baggage claim to view this and write it up. She told me she doubts that they will cover my bag for damage. They have a policy that does not cover any damage for replacement or repair for canvas bags. My luggage was brand new, and my TEVA sandles were on the conveyor belt in a baggage bucket because of the dAmage to the luggage SPILLING OUT MY LUGGAGE CONTENTS.

I e-mailed them, sent them pictures of the damage, receipt all the info pertaining to the flight, my baggage claim tag, etc...and they said they would review the claim however they have a policy that they just don't replace OR repair these roller canvas bags.

I just got a reponse, and they apologized for my frustration but hope that I will consider giving them another opportunity to serve me in the future.

I was just OUTRAGED! I wrote back to them asking for the CEO's e-mail address and they sent me the Operations Director for my complaint.

Final analysis flying this airline....DON'T!!!!!! tHEY DON'T DESERVE THE BUSINESS AND NEED TO BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

If they can't trust their employees to care for something as simple as luggage that they have to make a policy to ensure that they are not responsible for their employees negiligence; then you really can't trust the maintenance of the a/c and those who are flying the aircraft either.

STAY AWAY FROM FLYING USA3000 FOR ALL YOUR TRAVEL NEEDS....OR SUFFER ANY CONSEQUENCES AND DAMAGE TO YOU OR YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS!!!!

tHEY ARE HIGHLY INCOMPETENT FROM THEIR FIELD EMPLOYEES ALL THE WAY UP TO THE MANAGERS AND POLICY MAKERS!

Greetings.

I happen to fly USA3000 to CANCUN...on my return flight to PIT on Aug 6, my brand new baggage came back destroyed. I brought in the rep at baggage claim to view this and write it up. She told me she doubts that they will cover my bag for damage. They have a policy that does not cover any damage for replacement or repair for canvas bags. My luggage was brand new, and my TEVA sandles were on the conveyor belt in a baggage bucket because of the dAmage to the luggage SPILLING OUT MY LUGGAGE CONTENTS.

I e-mailed them, sent them pictures of the damage, receipt all the info pertaining to the flight, my baggage claim tag, etc...and they said they would review the claim however they have a policy that they just don't replace OR repair these roller canvas bags.

I just got a reponse, and they apologized for my frustration but hope that I will consider giving them another opportunity to serve me in the future.

According to their website.......
USA3000 Airlines will accept cloth, canvas, vinyl, and other soft-sided baggage as checked baggage, but accepts no responsibility or liability for damage to such baggage and their contents.

Forewarned is forearmed. Their policy is more restrictive than most major carriers. Perhaps they have found that most bargain flyers purchase bargain luggage and the claims on poor quality luggage was eatting into any profit on the associated ticket.

DH had one of their pilots on the jumpseat last week--he said they're down to four planes and that Apple felt they could book on scheduled airlines cheaper than renting their own ops.
HRDiva

FWIW,

Their website claims 11 new Airbus planes.

True, but the registery is down to 8 and 3-4 are just sitting in RSW. N266 was first delivered into service on 2/3/2000 and the newest bird is N271 , delivered on 12/15/2004.

Have a go at them!
HRDiva

BTW if the registry is down to 8, then where did the other 3 A/C go to?

Found it! One went to Frontier and two to Ural.

http://airfleets.net/flottecie/USA%203000-history-a320.htm

Apparently they had 12 planes at some point in 2007, with plans to return one to the lessor and take delivery of 8 more in 2008. They had plans to expand into Central and South America.

AirTran is taking over some of the Apple flights beginning in December.
HRDiva

But I'm sad that all the really good crews and other folks who have nothing to do with any of this will lose their jobs.
HRDiva