usairways f/a east wings

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
this goes out to all our phx and las f/a friends. i sent an e-mail to sherri suggesting to her that since the uniform is postponed indefinatly that it would be a good idea to let the west f/a's wear the usairways east wings . we are under one certificate and the airline is usairways. she replied and told me that 4000 wings have been delivered in phx. if you wish you can wear them but when the uniform rolls out west f/a's will be required to wear them. so until the uniform rolls out west f/a can wear their americawest wings or the usairways wings but once again when the uniform rolls out all f/a's are required to wear the east wings. i think they will let the phx f/a's know tomorrow about this.

this goes out to all our phx and las f/a friends. i sent an e-mail to sherri suggesting to her that since the uniform is postponed indefinatly that it would be a good idea to let the west f/a's wear the usairways east wings . we are under one certificate and the airline is usairways. she replied and told me that 4000 wings have been delivered in phx. if you wish you can wear them but when the uniform rolls out west f/a's will be required to wear them. so until the uniform rolls out west f/a can wear their americawest wings or the usairways wings but once again when the uniform rolls out all f/a's are required to wear the east wings. i think they will let the phx f/a's know tomorrow about this.

One of the many disappointing aspects of this so called merger is management's lack of enthusiasm for actually merging the two airlines.

Since America West Airlines no longer exists, why didn't management insist all employees wear USAirways hardware the date they operated under one FAA certificate?

On 4-8-1988 Pacific Southwest Airlines still existed. At 0001 on 4-9-1988 PSA ceased to exist and all signage and employee uniforms reflected USAir was the merged airline. Same thing a year or so later when Piedmont merged with USAir.

From what I have observed, senior management launches numerous programs and initiatives and fails to follow through to completion. The one notable exception: Single Certificate from the FAA.

Get with it Tempe and merge this thing once and for all. Or is everything on hold pending the next round of consolidation?

I collect airline wings. Anyone that wants to get rid of theirs or, has and extra set, PM me. I will prove that I am indeed an active member of this airline. Or, maybe a contact number of a supervisor out there that can take care of my request. Since you have names on your wings, maybe I can order my own pair with MY name on them!! Thanks!

ETOPS1 ... where can we get them. They are holding them hostage.
i think they are in the crew room at T4 . i was told linda will put something out tomorrow. the reason why it is a choice to wear them now is because there are west f/a that might still want to keep on wearing the old americawest wings for centimental reasons until the usairways wings become a required item.

I collect airline wings. Anyone that wants to get rid of theirs or, has and extra set, PM me. I will prove that I am indeed an active member of this airline. Or, maybe a contact number of a supervisor out there that can take care of my request. Since you have names on your wings, maybe I can order my own pair with MY name on them!! Thanks!

Johnsons jewelry

www.greatwings.com

Thats the company we used to get AWA wings

This is GREAT news... i've been wearing the NEW wings before they were the new wings and still "east" wings.... I love love love the wings they look sharp... So can you post a copy of Sherri's e-mail Etops? Anyone have more info I hope this is true... im tired of covering my wings in the crew room to avoid being "frosted" or yelled @ by some other sup on a power trip.... this is great whoo-hoo, can't wait to see all my fellow phx based f/a's wearing the new silver sparklies:)

this is the reply sherri gave me

" 4000 wings have been delivered to T4 in Phoenix. I don't believe we will have any on hand in LAS, but they can pick them up in PHX or call and have a pair sent to them. We didn’t want individuals to wear east or west pieces until two things have happened. 1 - We merged the certificates ( which took place in Sept), 2 – Everyone was in the same uniform. So, the policy for both east and west was to remain status quo until both conditions were met. Since we aren’t going to wear the new uniform as planned and PHX has received wings, they can now wear either until we are all in the same uniform. Once were all wearing the same uniform we will ask all flight attendants to wear the new US Airways wings. See you next week, Sherri "

Sherri Shamblin

US Airways

Vice President, InFlight Services

Why would you want to wear the East's Wings while getting less pay?

Why would you want to wear the East's Wings while getting less pay?
That is really a stupid question 700, sorry. Some of us on the West would truly apperciatte being US Airways fa's, v.s seperated by a uniform or wings because of pay issues??, please! Our current wings have our names on them, which I don't paticularly care for. The current US Air silver dollar wings look very classy. Our AWA pilot wings are also silver dollar style and look nice. The fa AWA wings are copper, get real dirty, and half the time the names or symbol fall off after hard wearing!! :down: Another example how cheap AWA really was. I will wear the new wings as soon as I get my hand on them!! :up:

When it becomes Etops1 Aviation, then you can tell me what to do.

Dont like it, dont read it or use ignore.

As much as I agreed in the beginning about wearing separate uniforms until integration we have some bigger issues at hand. We have issues with our contract negotiations and the state of our very airline and industry around us. I just want to wear something that isn't filled with holes, torn and tattered. I think I have a few pair of wings. Ya know....backups. ;)