VARIG

Varig suspended international ops today and at least 1 777 was repoed upon landing in GRU. No word on domestic ops. US 800 number "fast" busy tone all day.

While the 757's are RR powered, they are the 6 door/4 window exit body style.

Varig suspended international ops today and at least 1 777 was repoed upon landing in GRU. No word on domestic ops. US 800 number "fast" busy tone all day.

how do banks/lenders repossess a jet? i wonder what that transaction looks like?!?!?!

Sometimes it's easy/good.....where they just walk up and take possesion. I.E. Authorities are involved, aircraft not allowed to leave.

In the Non-sked 3rd world type companies.......well you sneak onto airport somehow....have a flight plan filed, get arrangements for fuel and such, and fly off with it. Not the safest nor funest...

For all of you who think you got screwed over by US management in the past few years, think about these poor Varig employee's. They haven't been paid in a couple of months.

I think the MD 11's are destined for Aeroflot. Continental is showing interest in the 777's. Would be nice if US Airways can get it hands on the 757's :):):):)

I believe one also got repoed last week in JFK...

For all of you who think you got screwed over by US management in the past few years, think about these poor Varig employee's. They haven't been paid in a couple of months.
I used to go out with a girl thats a manager for Varig at LAX. I didnt know they stopped paying their employees, thats to bad. I was hoping they'd make it, doesnt look like its going to happen.

Other than interior layout, how would the 6 dr/4 window body style fit or not fit into the operation? Does it pose significant or minor differences in things like training, possible ETOPS, etc... Would it be expensive to have a different style a/c in the fleet? Just curious. :)

These 4 757's were formerly at Iberia. Before the AWA/US merger, AWA was VERY interested in the 757s Iberia was looking to shed a couple of years ago -- these my be the very same aircraft. :up:

Back