WESTJET THREATENS TO CEASE MAINTENANCE OPERATION

Going to be very sad if and or when the AMT’s at Westjet get outsourced because of poor representation. It’ll just be another example of how weak AMFA is without anyone in the Industry backing them.

IMG_0066.jpeg

Do you guys read what you post?

WestJet CEO ... described negotiations with the carrier’s Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AMEs) as “contentious” and denigrated the Union for seeking American standard terms and conditions of employment for its members.

Sounds like they're playing hardball and WestJet's calling their bluff. They want US terms and conditions. How is that "poor representation" ??

The TWU would already be on their back peeing themselves, trading away wages for more jobs....

Would a real unionist side with AMFA in their fight to keep good wages and working conditions, or would a real unionist be applauding the potential loss of jobs simply because it was another union who lost those jobs?

Sometimes I think I'm more in line with unionist principals than some of you TWU whiners and fanboys are....

Last edited:
Do you guys read what you post?

Sounds like they're playing hardball and WestJet's calling their bluff. They want US terms and conditions. How is that "poor representation" ??

The TWU would already be on their back peeing themselves, trading away wages for more jobs....

Would a real unionist side with AMFA in their fight to keep good wages and working conditions, or would a real unionist be applauding the potential loss of jobs simply because it was another union who lost those jobs?

Sometimes I think I'm more in line with unionist principals than some of you TWU whiners and fanboys are....

The TWU you feel did or tried to do you wrong no longer exists. The people you had a grudge against are also long gone. Long long gone.

With that said:

In truth you’re probably 100% correct. They are playing hardball and it’s a little nuts to try to get American wages in a Country that’s not America. Everything to a degree needs to be based on the cost of living in the Country someone is living in, not the Country they maybe wish they were living in.

Can you imagine asking for American wages in Ethiopia?

What are good wages and working conditions in Canada?

Would “I” ever support anything having to do with AMFA? Honestly absolutely not. F*ck them period totally and completely. They’re dirt. I’d sooner lick a pee stained toilet seat.

On your last paragraph: AMFA is not a Union. It’s a Law Firm (SSM&P) posing as a Union. I don’t think I shouldn’t need to say it again either since I’ve wrote it here over a hundred times. It’s a shady outfit out of upstate NY that’s ripping off a bunch of uneducated saps that want or need to feel like they’re more special than they really are. Suckers sadly.

Gee, I was always taught that the union was its members.

Seems like you would rather see them be not represented then to be affiliated with AMFA. Quite the odd position for someone that believes in collective bargaining....

You are right that the TWU of Bob Owens and Gary Behrens is long gone. I'm not sure that's a good thing, though.

Latest posts