What I don't understand about the NW unions

Necrophilias

Senior
Mar 7, 2006
Any way you look at it, a picket line is a picket line. Not one other union at NW honored the AMFA picket line. WOW! Even given the bad blood between the IAM and AMFA this is not acceptable behavior.

Those of us who are not part of the airline industry but respect the mechanics are appauled by this. The image of the unions left on NW property is very damaged. I would even go so far as to say that they don't look much like unions.

well look at where the remaining unions are now. They are either voting to strike and on a POS contract. Had they followed AMFA's lead like a union should have done, NWA most likely wouldnt be flying and the scabs wouldnt have jobs. The IAM is a scab union as it is. I wouldnt expect much from them anyways since they allowed US to farm out more and caused the biggest pain in US employees history.

Any way you look at it, a picket line is a picket line. Not one other union at NW honored the AMFA picket line. WOW! Even given the bad blood between the IAM and AMFA this is not acceptable behavior.

Those of us who are not part of the airline industry but respect the mechanics are appauled by this. The image of the unions left on NW property is very damaged. I would even go so far as to say that they don't look much like unions.
The IAM has crossed their own picket line in the past, they have a vendetta against AMFA, and they are also in the companies back pocket, i.e. a business union. To expect the IAM to stand up for themselves let alone another union just ain't gonna happen. They are now known as a scab union, and it will be the IAM's demise.

The PFAA took a vote to sympathy strike with AMFA, but it failed to pass. The PFAA is now getting hammered on by Scab Air. They should have walked already, but I guess Dougie Stealin' and Julie "Golden" Showers threatened them enough to keep them from walking. Now the PFAA is being raided by the AFA. What a mess.

The pilots? Well, they are pilots. They care nothing but about that huge payout at retirement, and the rest can go pack sand. Talked to a few pilots last summer on the picket line, that is if their heads weren't looking at the ground. I told several they are next, and it has come to pass. Like the Delta pilots that just got bent way over, the Scab Air pilots will vote "yes" also. Its a done deal.

The result? What was a disfunctional airline at best before, is now a raving mental case gone over the edge. Stranded passengers, scab maintained junk aircraft with incidents on a weekly basis, a beyond arrogant CEO and his team of thugs, and a whole lot of unhappy union employees (scabs don't count)....looks like a recipe for disaster. :down:

I say its still not too late.
Most members of the IAM are fed up and can't wait to replace them, and the F/A's are obviously not happy, even the Pilots want change in their Union heads....
What the flip are they waiting for?

I say its still not too late.
Most members of the IAM are fed up and can't wait to replace them, and the F/A's are obviously not happy, even the Pilots want change in their Union heads....
What the flip are they waiting for?
Christmas, dear, they are waiting for Christmas to come along.........

=========================================================

ground control,

Your right, "IT Is BEYOND BELIEF"

While there is PLENTY of places to point a guilty finger at Union people crossing picket lines, lets start with the Pilots FIRST. PARTICULARLY CAPTAINS !!

These guys/gals have been flying for a Loooong time.
HOW in GODS name they can RISK letting "their bird" roll down a runway, knowing FULL WELL, that that A/C has NOT been properly maintained, Is beyond ANY logical explanation
Pensions, or NO pensions. YOU can't spend a pension, if your "D * * D" !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

=========================================================

ground control,

Your right, "IT Is BEYOND BELIEF"

While there is PLENTY of places to point a guilty finger at Union people crossing picket lines, lets start with the Pilots FIRST. PARTICULARLY CAPTAINS !!

These guys/gals have been flying for a Loooong time.
HOW in GODS name they can RISK letting "their bird" roll down a runway, knowing FULL WELL, that that A/C has NOT been properly maintained, Is beyond ANY logical explanation
Pensions, or NO pensions. YOU can't spend a pension, if your "D * * D" !!!!!!!!!
NH/BB's

Would it also be fair to say that the captains have to be working hand in hand with the SCABs to keep things moving?

Crude oil is continuing to rise in cost and maybe that will be enough to finish of the evil NW.

Would it also be fair to say that the captains have to be working hand in hand with the SCABs to keep things moving?

Crude oil is continuing to rise in cost and maybe that will be enough to finish of the evil NW.

===========================================================

My friend,
I DON"T want to BIG RED to FAIL !!

I've got Immediate family working at NW !!

THE captains could (Legally) "Single handed" make things so DIFFICULT for NW(without getting Fired), that they would have to "Evacuate" the SCABS(like a good BOWEL MOVEMENT), and bring back some striking AMFA members.(NOT THE C/Suckers that SCAB'd)

?????????

NH/BB's

...and the unionist propaganda continues...

PTO,

You Are A...........S C A B !!
A self serving, opportunistic POS
You Have "NO" Class !.....ZERO !
I could see you pick up a wallet from a dying man in a W/Chair, Justify keeping the money by saying, "My family NEEDS the $$ more than him" !!

(Maybe you'd mail the guys EMPTY wallet back to him)

You (Simply) ARE A SCAB !!
Nothing more, nothing less.

There is an ol' saying PTO, "If the shoe fits...WEAR IT" !!!!!

NH/BB's

My friend,
I DON"T want to BIG RED to FAIL !!

I've got Immediate family working at NW !!

THE captains could (Legally) "Single handed" make things so DIFFICULT for NW(without getting Fired), that they would have to "Evacuate" the SCABS(like a good BOWEL MOVEMENT), and bring back some striking AMFA members.(NOT THE C/Suckers that SCAB'd)

?????????

NH/BB's

Sir:

Given your family circumstances I can understand why you would like to see NW continue operation. If you look what past employment at NW has meant in terms of value this would make sense. Under current and future circumstances at NW the employees might do better to move on.

As a resident of a NW hub city and a former frequent flyer on NW I would like to see the current NW executives RAPIDLY EJACULATED from the airline. If the NW piece of crap was operated like a REAL AIRLINE I would still be a customer. Since the executives aren't leaving I hope NW sinks like a sack of bricks. The flying public doesn't need their crap.

...If the NW piece of crap was operated like a REAL AIRLINE I would still be a customer. Since the executives aren't leaving I hope NW sinks like a sack of bricks. The flying public doesn't need their crap.

a. Still waaaayyy to much money left in the bank for the
CEO and the BOD to plunder.
b. Still lots more of the "great experiment" to excercise
(seeing how much an American worker will endure to
keep his/her job).
c. Still lots more fun to be had screwing union members
while the union big wigs make deals. Formerly known
as selling your soul to the devil.

Facts are, when the Pilots ratify (which they will), that will probably free up some investor (out of their minds) cash and keep the big red floating for a while longer. Sadly it will probably take an event like screwing one in to cause the downfall. It is not the same airline as it was when I hired on. Its Northwest in name only...everything else has been squandered, sold or leveraged.

Not sure why people are so surprised. Unions consist of people. People, for the most part are looking out for their own interest (since unions and companies obviously are not). For them to turn on their own is no more surprising than for a company to turn on it's own.

It's human nature. Read a history book.

Latest posts

Back