What is A la Carte?

By the time I got to item #2 I knew that this had been written by the PR Department. It reads as follows:

"The economic dynamics of the industry have changed requiring a quantum shift as to how we market our airline. We are committed to rewriting the playbook to ensure the longâ€￾term viability and success of US Airways."

"Dynamics" and "quantum" in the same sentence? Uh huh.

WTF is Mother Parker's coffee, and would anyone want unlimited refills of it? And what defines unlimited refills? If people are paying they're going to want more refills......the F/A's will be running all over the cabin with the pots.

Did you have to ask? Mother Parkers is some cheap dollor tree brand tea that happened to match Doug's last name and poof!.....we all got it. So trashy. Mother Parkers, where is my barf bag?

Did you have to ask? Mother Parkers is some cheap dollor tree brand that happened to match Doug's last name and poof!.....we are got it. So trashy. Mother Parkers, where is my barf bag?
Wow I never knew there was an actual name for that swamp mud. I more or less figured it came from a black and white packet labled "coffee". Amazing!!

WTF is Mother Parker's coffee, and would anyone want unlimited refills of it? And what defines unlimited refills? If people are paying they're going to want more refills......the F/A's will be running all over the cabin with the pots.

That coffee sucks. Blech. People are going to be ringing their call buttons left and right to get refills and then when some coke-slinging douchebag of an F/A who commutes from ATL yells at them for being a whiner, complaints will go higher and the company will be handing out vouchers for people who didn't get refills of $2 coffee that sucks anyway. People should bring smarties with them and tell the flight attendant they need to take medication. Complete morons.

That coffee sucks. Blech. People are going to be ringing their call buttons left and right to get refills and then when some coke-slinging douchebag of an F/A who commutes from ATL yells at them for being a whiner, complaints will go higher and the company will be handing out vouchers for people who didn't get refills of $2 coffee that sucks anyway. People should bring smarties with them and tell the flight attendant they need to take medication. Complete morons.

They don't even need to do that! They are always asking for water for their "medication". It's like, they're sitting in the boarding area for a while, then as soon as they get on the airplane in the middle of boarding or after push back and always at the most inconvenient time, they ask for a glass of water so they can take their medication. Why don't they just get water in the airport or wait for the beverage service? Or how about this one - They claim they are diabetic and they need a drink and snacks NOW! If someone truly needs something, like if they really are sick and it is evident, that's one thing. But the majority of our pax are just saying it and when they figure out all they have to do is lie about a medical condition they will try to take advantage of us and get a free beverage. Not on my plane!

But the majority of our pax are just saying it and when they figure out all they have to do is lie about a medical condition they will try to take advantage of us and get a free beverage. Not on my plane!
Uh oh, it hasn't even started yet, and the water nazi's are already gearing up for US's standard answer......NO!! No water for you!! Let the lawsuits begin.

Did you have to ask? Mother Parkers is some cheap dollor tree brand tea that happened to match Doug's last name and poof!.....we all got it. So trashy. Mother Parkers, where is my barf bag?

Barf bags may be purchased from yout Flight Attendant for $2.

I get furious at filling that paperwork out and doing my part only to have catering come on yank off the seals in front of me and throw things in the cart! What was the point? There was none.

I thought that only happened at AA! Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. I reported the last incident to the company. I saw the catering guy take the cart off the a/c onto his truck where he promptly tore off the seals, removed the beer inserts, hid them in his truck, then sealed up the cart again. No one in corporate security seemed to care very much. They are much more interested in catching a f/a removing a can of Diet Coke from the a/c after 14 hours on duty with no food.

For real? That sends me right over the edge. I fill out this nice little slip. All cart # this and cart # that. Begining seal ### and ending seal ###. I am standing there deplaining and catering shows up. yank!...Off come the seals. They look, On goes whats missing in LIQ or Beer and I am standing there like you have got to be kidding me! What is a fing point of this #### I am turning in?
I just shake my head and sing We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place by the Animals.

Douchebag?? Pot.. meet kettle :lol:

Quote:
â€￾I get furious at filling that paperwork out and doing my part only to have catering come on yank off the seals in front of me and throw things in the cart! What was the point? There was none.â€￾

Quote:
I thought that only happened at AA! Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. I reported the last incident to the company. I saw the catering guy take the cart off the a/c onto his truck where he promptly tore off the seals, removed the beer inserts, hid them in his truck, then sealed up the cart again. No one in corporate security seemed to care very much. They are much more interested in catching a f/a removing a can of Diet Coke from the a/c after 14 hours on duty with no food.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this incident occurred in US catering station, the catering agents are authorized to remove the seals, and examine or correct the contents of a beverage cart.

After all… how do you think the carts get filled back up?

IF I am correct, our Fleet Agents in CLT do our provisoning? So who cares, as long as you get the proper liqour boarded back on your flight, and beverages, snack, etc. Do you really think the carts in other cities are being checked for full compliance and match the paperwork?? How do you know the caterer pulling out your liquor drawers, or beverages on the truck is preparing another flight at another gate that has a quick turn, delay, missed items, etc?? I for one have been missing a whole liqour kit, called, and the caterer brought them to the airplane right from the truck, probably had to take from another cart?! Who knows and cares.. Don't judge, unless you know the facts. I for one love having our own catering employees in CLT, they have always done a great job! :up:

The entire think just creates more money for the flight attendants that steal. There are so few of us honest ones left.

Lord, you make us sound like a pack of thieves.

While I'm sure there are a few who dip into the cookie jar, it's been my experience that most of the pilferage has occurred when the cleaners come on board. (no offense to the honest ones)
And they have been rooting around in crew baggage, totes and purses.

Back