What Is This New Tray Tool?

nycbusdriver said:
But then, most customers think that their $49 fare means ownership of the airline and that the flight attendants are hired servants. It's sad how people behave, really.
[post="288206"][/post]​

That says it all. Would you rather be cramped for a few hours at $49 or drive for a day or two and spend a lot more than $49? If you want the time and the comfort, spend more for First.

AAStew said:
We (Flight attendants) received an e-mail message on these last year. If we see them being used , we are to politely ask the passenger to cease using them. If they refuse, well I guess that would be interfering with crewmember instructions, true? Personally, anyone who uses these has to be an arrogant a-hole.
If you need more space buy a business or first class seat.
[post="287268"][/post]​

Bravo! If my seat does not recline, and I try my best to avoid the non-reclining rows, I will certainly point it out to the cabin crew. Defective seats should not be occupied, they can determine why the seatback is stuck.

And take my business somewhere else. sitting upright from NYC to DFW is not worth the company discount fare.

nycbusdriver said:
I think the FAA can solve this problem with simple guidelines on allowable seat recline vs. pitch. If an airline wants to run a leg-numbing 30 inch pitch, then all seats should be restricted from more than an inch or two of recline. Relax the pitch and they can increase the recline allowance.

Of course, the FAA would never actually solve the CAUSE of a problem, they merely regulate alleviation of symptoms. The classic case-in-point: fired station agent shoots both pilots; airplane crashes killing all. FAA solution: send all crew members through screening, but let agents continue to use security bypass.

As far as just buying a business class seat, I find it ludicrous that if the person in front of me in coach decides to recline, I cannot even hold a normal hardcover book in a position to read comfortably. Ever try to set your box lunch and drink down on your tray table with the person in front fully reclined, and then try to actually eat your meal under those conditions? Sorry, but the reclines DO INDEED encroach on MY space. Personally, I never recline my coach seat more than an inch or two, simply out of respect for the person behind. "Do unto others..." is called the Golden Rule for a reason. But then, most customers think that their $49 fare means ownership of the airline and that the flight attendants are hired servants. It's sad how people behave, really.
[post="288206"][/post]​

What airline are you flying on? I have yet to have a seat back recline so far that I could not read a book, or a newspaper. If you don't want recliners, please don't recline YOUR seatback either, you don't do you?

FWAAA said:
There were tons of news stories about this about 16 months ago.  Here's a CNN article mentioning AA's position on the knee defender:

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL/04/04/bt.knee.defender/

Someone places this on my seat and they are gonna be in for a big surprise.
[post="285460"][/post]​

Agree. In my case it would be a real shame if I turned around to express my concern about his/her use of the device, and then my beer happened to accidentally spill all over his/her laptop.

j7915 said:
What airline are you flying on? I have yet to have a seat back recline so far that I could not read a book, or a newspaper. If you don't want recliners, please don't recline YOUR seatback either, you don't do you?
[post="288247"][/post]​

The answer to your second question was in my original post. Did you even read it?

To answer your first question, I've flown most of the domestic airlines at one time or another. Less frequently on foreign carriers.

nycbusdriver said:
The answer to your second question was in my original post. Did you even read it?

To answer your first question, I've flown most of the domestic airlines at one time or another. Less frequently on foreign carriers.
[post="289028"][/post]​

I find your 1-2 inch recline only unbelievable, but if your back can take it...

Latest posts

Back