whatkindoffreshhell is this?

Aug 20, 2002
Valhalla
This new board layout reminds me of a baseball stadium scoreboard -- 2/3 advertising and one third of game information.

I know they've got to pay the hamsters that run the servers but I'd rather pay $20 for the pleasure of not using my trifocals whilst I peruse the ramblings of my esteemed colleagues here.

Who is with me?

This new board layout reminds me of a baseball stadium scoreboard -- 2/3 advertising and one third of game information.

I know they've got to pay the hamsters that run the servers but I'd rather pay $20 for the pleasure of not using my trifocals whilst I peruse the ramblings of my esteemed colleagues here.

Who is with me?

I posted a similar thread yesterday; except mine was more of a format suggestion regarding the advertising on the left side of the page. The moderators removed the thread within hours. I asked why, but they never responded. Let's see if this one is removed.

Mods: Please consider relaying this suggestion to the IT folks. The advertsing on the left side of the page should be removed. With the advertising, accessing these forums on a hand held device for the intended purpose is largely defeated by the advertising. Consider relocating... perhaps to the bottom. Moreover, I also believe that is asthetically appears better with only 1 side of advertising.

If you use Firefox with the "no script" add-on, just put US Aviation on the "forbid" list. It will limit the ads to only a couple on the top left of the screen.

If you use Firefox with the "no script" add-on, just put US Aviation on the "forbid" list. It will limit the ads to only a couple on the top left of the screen.
It's wacky...I couldn't see the quote or reply or new topic buttons in Firefox...finally found that somehow images from USaviation were blocked. I changed that and now I can post again using Firefox (IE sucks). But...while the noscript thing works fine for reading the thread, I do get the narrow box with ads when trying to post a reply.

I guess that is why I did not really notice a difference till I read this thread. Been using FF for quite a while now and ads have not been a problem since.

I guess that is why I did not really notice a difference till I read this thread. Been using FF for quite a while now and ads have not been a problem since.

Understood and that is a good idea.

But it does not aid the revenue stream of this site. Obviously the board owners want the revenue otherwise they wouldn't prostitute our eyeballs so much. I've been on lotsa other boards and never seen advertising like this.

Send me a paypal request for $20. I'll gladly pay it for an enhanced membership because this board has value to me. I would imagine there are others among the 4,000 members here who would ante up too.

Or I could be completely wrong and this site is geyersing cash so spectacularly that the owners want to maximize their profit while times are good.

And I wouldn't blame them. Matter of fact congratulations would be in order!

The site has had pretty much the same group of advertisers for as long as I can remember. I wonder if they were offered new advertising packages, and if they are paying more or less for the space as it stands with this new format.

I understand that the ads need to be there, and I would also be willing to pay a membership fee to belong to the site (if it meant they'd go back to the previous format). Accessing the site on Blackberry or other mobile internet is no good.

I am sure if the number of hits decreases they will address it. Money will dictate their course of action.

Back